Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y Long Range (Midnight Silver Metallic Paint, White Interior)
OD: Jan 17th @ 8PM
EDD: Feb 7 - Mar 7
EDD: Feb 10 - Feb 24
EDD: Feb 21 - Mar 21
EDD: Feb 26 - Mar 11
EDD: Mar 2 - Mar 12
EDD: Mar 13 - Mar 31

This supports the hypothesis that Tesla keeps short distance deliveries for the end of a quarter.

Do we know when the EV Tax credit change that will reduce the $7500. How likely is it that I'll miss the full Tax credit? Is this happening to other people as well? I'm pissed to say the least.
Nobody really knows including IRS. My thought is that you’ll get your full credit at least until the end of march, but who knows. I haven’t heard anything as of today.

This is my car. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
IMG_0052.jpeg

OD 1/15/23
MYLR 5 WHT/Black / 19" Basic
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
01/17 - Approved Tesla loan (Interest 5.34%) and done registration process
01/21 - Rcvd Wall charger
01/24 - Installed Wall charger
EDD2 Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 MAR 26-APR 15
NO Vin yet, No updates, No reply / No text for any quiry.
2 of my friends picked their same spec. cars from same location with increased price (OD 01/24). 100% unfair treatment.

03/11 - Going to return wall charger
03/13 - Going to cancel order. bye bye TESLA !!
03/20 - Order RAV 4 Hybrid
While I understand your frustration having ordered a MYLR on the 17th and getting the same, no message or VIN yet. Also ordering and receiving both the mobile kit and wall connector as well.

Are you really going to try and order a RAV 4 hybrid before the end of March?

Some people have tried to order it and been told it could be well over a year and then there could be an added demand fee tacked on.

I am hoping they are just getting the cars done now. At investor day it was mentioned that Fremont broke all single day production records two days ago.

I will Not spend 2k on more expensive wheels either. But Will give them the full length of time quoted when the order was made of March's end.
lol so many people (including myself) have EDDs in the second half of March. Wonder how they will fulfill so may orders in such a short window especially when they haven't even assigned the VINs yet. Are they lying with our EDDs or does their supply chain work super crazy to fulfill orders at the end of the quarter....we will find out soon :p
I believe that is it.
Tesla will get our cars out , obviously they want to get paid.

Seems simple, our cars will get built, Tesla will be paid when we take delivery.

Tesla will then work on next quarters production and eventually heading for a 1800000+ production number for 2023

Reactions: erktrek
While I understand your frustration having ordered a MYLR on the 17th and getting the same, no message or VIN yet. Also ordering and receiving both the mobile kit and wall connector as well.

Are you really going to try and order a RAV 4 hybrid before the end of March?

Some people have tried to order it and been told it could be well over a year and then there could be an added demand fee tacked on.

I am hoping they are just getting the cars done now. At investor day it was mentioned that Fremont broke all single day production records two days ago.

I will Not spend 2k on more expensive wheels either. But Will give them the full length of time quoted when the order was made of March's end.

I believe that is it.
Tesla will get our cars out , obviously they want to get paid.

Seems simple, our cars will get built, Tesla will be paid when we take delivery.

Tesla will then work on next quarters production and eventually heading for a 1800000+ production number for 2023
Agree 💯! My EDD looks like its now in the 2nd quarter production run.. assuming mid April as the cutoff.. anything earlier is probably deliveries from end of 1st quarter. Just speculation though - depends on the timing between factory and delivery I guess.

I dunno about a hybrid - seems like most folks end up not using the battery part all that much. With hybrids you have extra weight, additional complexity, more maintenance and higher maintenance costs. Does not seem like a good answer unless you are the oil & gas industry and/or legacy car manufacturers desperately clinging to the "traditional" ways of doing things to keep revenues flowing.. Why not just go ICE at that point?

Again, the Chevy Bolt EUV looks like an interesting alternative regardless of all the past issues as those appear to have been resolved. Certainly there is SOME risk but not sure what other pure EV you could get at this point that would be similar and in a timely fashion.

Anyway - Good luck with your future purchase! Hope you won't experience any wait times when ordering your new RAV4 Hybrid.. 😬

It'll be interes
Its a bit late to be changing your order… at this point, you’re more likely to get delayed, unless there one already in inventory.
It'll be interesting to see if or how "late order changes" affect EDDs.

Tesla has a finite number of "build slots" which already filled up for the quarter a few weeks ago.

Using my order as an example, I recently changed from 19" to 20" and added a tow hitch just days ahead of my earliest EDD.

I see a number of possibilities:

1. Tesla could build my original configuration, but instead of it going to me, it'll go to the next person in line (or inventory). In this case, my new configuration would have to go to an April-June build slot.
2. Tesla could build my new configuration on the same day that my original configuration was scheduled to be built, but with different wheels and a tow hitch. In this case, the change might not affect my delivery date at all.
3. Tesla could cancel my build and move all orders one vehicle closer. This would have the same effect as 1.
4. Similar to 1, someone else who already ordered a Model Y in my new configuration could edit their order (for example, a person who ordered a white, 20", tow may change to a MYP) and Tesla could reassign their build to me and I would inherit their EDD (which could be later, the same, or even earlier than the EDD of my original configuration). In this case, the other buyer who edited their order may then have to wait for an April-June build slot.

Keep in mind I never had a VIN, so the vehicle hasn't been built yet.

Regardless, I'm not the only person to edit an order - I'm sure there are many others making this a moving target for Tesla as well.

It's no surprise that some buyers are hit with huge delays while some seem to skip ahead of others!

Update today:

MSM MYLR 19" black interior. No options.
OD: 1/26
Original EDD: January - March
EDD2 (2/3): 3/16 - 3/31
EDD3 (2/28): 3/11-3/25
No VIN
MSM MYLR 19" black interior. No options.
OD: 1/26
Original EDD: January - March
EDD2 (2/3): 3/16 - 3/31
EDD3 (2/28): 3/11-3/25
EDD4 (3/3): 3/9-3/16 VIN Assigned!
Austin Build
Waiting to schedule delivery

It'll be interes

It'll be interesting to see if or how "late order changes" affect EDDs.

Tesla has a finite number of "build slots" which already filled up for the quarter a few weeks ago.

Using my order as an example, I recently changed from 19" to 20" and added a tow hitch just days ahead of my earliest EDD.

I see a number of possibilities:

1. Tesla could build my original configuration, but instead of it going to me, it'll go to the next person in line (or inventory). In this case, my new configuration would have to go to an April-June build slot.
2. Tesla could build my new configuration on the same day that my original configuration was scheduled to be built, but with different wheels and a tow hitch. In this case, the change might not affect my delivery date at all.
3. Tesla could cancel my build and move all orders one vehicle closer. This would have the same effect as 1.
4. Similar to 1, someone else who already ordered a Model Y in my new configuration could edit their order (for example, a person who ordered a white, 20", tow may change to a MYP) and Tesla could reassign their build to me and I would inherit their EDD (which could be later, the same, or even earlier than the EDD of my original configuration). In this case, the other buyer who edited their order may then have to wait for an April-June build slot.

Keep in mind I never had a VIN, so the vehicle hasn't been built yet.

Regardless, I'm not the only person to edit an order - I'm sure there are many others making this a moving target for Tesla as well.

It's no surprise that some buyers are hit with huge delays while some seem to skip ahead of others!
5. You keep your place in a q. Your car will move to the end of the same batch build which might effect VIN by a day or two.

• Informative
Reactions: zroger73
OD 1/15/23
MYLR 5 WHT/Black / 19" Basic
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
01/17 - Approved Tesla loan (Interest 5.34%) and done registration process
01/21 - Rcvd Wall charger
01/24 - Installed Wall charger
EDD2 Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 MAR 26-APR 15
NO Vin yet, No updates, No reply / No text for any quiry.
2 of my friends picked their same spec. cars from same location with increased price (OD 01/24). 100% unfair treatment.

What is the wait time on a RAV 4 Hybrid?

White, Black Interior, MYLR, 19" wheels
Phoenix, AZ
OD: 1/16(9pm)
1/17 - EDD: 2/4-3/4
2/3 - EDD 2/13-3/13
2/14 - EDD 2/28-3/28
2/28 - EDD 3/5-3/19

Obligatory back story
When IRS dropped the 55k tax credit limit on 2/3, I saw a MYP appear in local inventory, and we pulled the trigger on that. The responsible thing would have been to wait on the phone with Tesla and change our MYLR pre-order over to that, but I didn't want to risk MYP being picked up by someone else. So I spent another $250 on a deposit to claim the MYP. We picked it up on 2/6 been enjoying it since. But I figured I'd keep everyone updated with the MYLR we ordered on 1/16
You're going to keep both cars?