Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suppose IRS provides guidance in mid-March that halves the tax credit to $3750. Would upgraded hardware such as higher resolution cameras be enough incentive for you all to keep your order? Or would you require additional incentives such as free Supercharger miles to keep your order?

In the above scenario, I would be most pleased if Tesla would offer a credit ($1K) towards an upgrade such as the Acceleration Boost or 20" wheels.
I read somewhere that Tesla has started to upgrade their cameras to better resolution ones from Dec 2022

Reactions: erktrek
Come on guys. Everyone that’s afraid of going from 19s to 20s, an inch couldn’t make THAT MUCH of a difference 😉 😜 (wife doesn’t agree🥲)

On a serious note 20s look a lot better and there’s plenty of space to upsize your tires as well. Worst case if you want to be economical you can wait till the stock tires wear out then swap them to 255/45/20s and get the same amount of sidewall as 19s

Last edited:
Come on guys. Everyone that’s afraid of going from 19s to 20s, an inch never hurt nobody 😉 😜

On a serious note 20s look a lot better and there’s plenty of space to upsize your tires as well. Worst case if you want to be economical you can wait till the stock tires wear out then swap them to 255/45/20s and get the same amount of sidewall as 19s
No thanks... ordered an LR for purposes of having the longest range and best possible drive comfort which is why I'll stick with the 19's. I do acknowledge the 20's look nicer though. For those that absolutely have to have their vehicles this month completely understand spending the extra $$$ and rolling the dice.

Come on guys. Everyone that’s afraid of going from 19s to 20s, an inch couldn’t make THAT MUCH of a difference 😉 😜 (wife doesn’t agree🥲)

Still HODL. Don’t really want to pay unnecessary extra $2k for a bumpier ride. However, it is cutting it close. I pray for the vin text or two weeks to vin text within next few days.

No thanks... ordered an LR for purposes of having the longest range and best possible drive comfort which is why I'll stick with the 19's. I do acknowledge the 20's look nicer though. For those that absolutely have to have their vehicles this month completely understand spending the extra $$$ and rolling the dice.
I don't want to lose another $2K from NJ (55K is the limit).

I did that by cancelling a MYLR order placed on 02/01 and ordering the MYP on 02/03 before the price increase and just a few hours after it became eligible for the $7,500 tax credit. My EDD hasn't moved from MAR-4 to MAR-31 and no VIN has been assigned. SA basically told me that there is no guarantee that I will receive quicker delivery if I change my configuration. If Tesla is producing the more expensive MYP and prioritizing those..where's my VIN :)

• Helpful
Reactions: erktrek
I hope you're right, but how can you know that when no one else, including Tesla, does? :)
No one can 100% for sure. But if the probability is more than 95%, then from probability theory the statement should be true.
I think Tesla should already have data point with confidence level 95%. While not releasing the data can convert more sales to MYP and 20 wheel, then why they release info now and take some legal risk?
The battery minerals is not sth confidential, for most ev cars, it should be qualify at least for 2023. That's why GM already announced they could get this half.
Foe battery component assumbled in NA, no one is better than MY, which battery is made in Giga 1.

Reactions: James2023y
New here - 1st post
OD 1/17 (Tesla doc has 1/18)
Location - New Jersey, picking up from princeton
MYLR5 W/B/19"/No options
EDD1 (1/18) 2/14-3/21
EDD2 - 2/21-3/21
EDD3 - 3/8-3/31

VIN received on 3/4/24 - PF7005XX
DD 3/18 - 3/25

Same boat. South Jersey
My OD was 1/18 and got the VIN today.
MSM/W/19
You guys must be close.
South Jersey.

After speculating for couple of days, I decided to switch to MYP today. The price is $56,990 same as it was on 1/25. A $3.5K bump from the base MYLR $53,490. It is still $2,000 cheaper than it is now. It seems that my MYLR won't be delivered in March anyway based on the latest movement. So switching to MYP will probably qualify the same $3,750 EV credit as the MYLR. The $3.5K extra get me the 21" wheels, brakes, and better 0-60 joy plus etra data comes with the performance tag. To me personally, this is worth it.

I did a demo drive today with a Model Y that had the 20” wheels. The route that I took had some nasty pavement and the ride was actually pretty nice (certainly better than my BMW X3) from the driver’s seat. My wife rode in the back seat for part of the drive and did say she could feel the potholes more than when she sat up front. I don’t know how this would compare with the 19s but if I had to get the 20s I’d be satisfied with the ride quality.

Reactions: geekfam
Went to the Tesla store in Long Beach today and seen maybe 30 model Y's in different states of readiness for delivery, some look like they just rolled off of the carrier as they were all in the customer parking area with emergency flashers still on, most had the QR code with build date still on showing 2/14, PA vins all of them except one i think, numbers scattered too, PA071 to 075 just in the few with 2/14 build stickers still on, PA 062 thru PA076 ready for pick up with temp plates on dash and customer names, My original order on 2/11 of a 074 vin was replaced with an 080 vin that was built earlier on 2/19 as mine as of 2/21 was not yet built, still expecting delivery by end of the week but no hard date yet, just 2/27-3/7, Those of us who initially thought we could watch vin's to see how close our delivery date is can toss that out the window! I think maybe the build dates that are showing up if you catch them before stickers are removed would be a more accurate guess, 13 days from Austin to Long Beach today, oh and in case anyone is interested 85% or more the gemini 19" wheels
Omg are they prepping it? How long is the prep work? How did you see the ViNs? Sorry for the many questions! I’m just excited..

Reactions: GodOfThunder39
After speculating for couple of days, I decided to switch to MYP today. The price is $56,990 same as it was on 1/25. A $3.5K bump from the base MYLR $53,490. It is still $2,000 cheaper than it is now. It seems that my MYLR won't be delivered in March anyway based on the latest movement. So switching to MYP will probably qualify the same $3,750 EV credit as the MYLR. The $3.5K extra get me the 21" wheels, brakes, and better 0-60 joy plus etra data comes with the performance tag. To me personally, this is worth it.

Plus way more expensive tires, less range, 1" less ground clearance, and a significantly stiffer ride due to less suspension travel and even less sidewall than the already-stiff 20" tires. ;) I wonder if a MYP also costs more to insure than a MYLR?

Tesla insurance gave me a policy which is valid only for 6 months. Would anyone happen to know why is it this way? I am a first time car owner in the US and I am not quite sure how this works here.

PS - my DL currently expires on 06/28/2023. Could it be because of that? 🤔

Plus way more expensive tires, less range, 1" less ground clearance, and a significantly stiffer ride due to less suspension travel and even less sidewall than the already-stiff 20" tires. ;) I wonder if a MYP also costs more to insure than a MYLR?
I heard people saying that MYP tires are about $2K long time ago. It was one of the reasons that I did not want to spend originally. Before I switched, I did check the tires cost. MYLR will cost me about $1.3k to $1.4K. MYP will cost $2K. Insurance will be more expensive but should be reasonable (I did not bother to check). My MYLR quote was less than $400 for 6 months with multi car discount.

Attachments

• MYP OEM.jpg
    MYP OEM.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 353
  • MYLY OEM 19.jpg
    MYLY OEM 19.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: zroger73