Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my condolences ertrek on you getting bumped out too, but I suppose you are correct, wait and pray is perhaps all we CAN do at this point!!! Had I NOT gotten the pre-order at the lower price, I would've jumped at an inventory (which are coming and going in a blip) OR cancelled.
đź’Ż am with you.. want to keep that price locked in but also the configuration. We might be getting some updated hardware like the cameras but that's pure speculation. I am almost positive we will NOT be getting HW4.

Reactions: maytaurustiger
đź’Ż am with you.. want to keep that price locked in but also the configuration. We might be getting some updated hardware like the cameras but that's pure speculation. I am almost positive we will NOT be getting HW4.
I think rebate will stay until June end. Reason, even though the FED bill is approved, it will take 2 months to take effect. and it cannot be retrospective. according to me, just wait for now, watch the thread, enjoy your delivery when it comes. at the current trend, all the MYLR are two months window since the order date (approximate guess).

MYLR Red/Black/19 - no options
OD 1/20
EDD 1: Jan-Mar
EDD 2: Mar 4-31
EDD 3: Mar 5-19 (updated Feb 22)
- VIN to be assigned in 1-2 weeks text (Feb 26)
EDD 4: Mar 14-28 (updated Mar 6)

Can confirm that all Iowa MY deliveries have mud flaps and PPF included as communicated from SA and seen in person on other deliveries.

Reactions: Tcorn
Amen to that, we will take upgraded cameras given that the USS have left the building!!! HW4 sadly may just go to the redesigned version next year I suppose, but still having upgraded cams w/HW3 be real sweet.

MYLR, MSM, Black Interior, Gemini Wheels, 5 Seater, NorCal
OD: Jan 17th
First EDD: Feb 3 - Mar 3
Second EDD: Feb 12 - 26
Third EDD: Feb 23 - Mar 23
Fourth EDD: Feb 28 - Mar 14
Fifth EDD: Mar 1 - Mar 14
Sixth EDD: Mar 2 - Mar 14
Seventh EDD: Mar 3 - Mar 14
Eight EDD: Mar 4 - Mar 14
Ninth EDD: Mar 5 - Mar 14
Tenth EDD: Mar 6 - Mar 14

Today @ 7 am VIN assigned. Fremont build
Today @ 9 am delivery scheduled for Friday the 10th!
You're one of the few people in N. Cal. that have VIN assigned on their 1/17 or later orders. I think the floodgates are about to open. Also very quick delivery after VIN assignment.

I think rebate will stay until June end. Reason, even though the FED bill is approved, it will take 2 months to take effect. and it cannot be retrospective. according to me, just wait for now, watch the thread, enjoy your delivery when it comes. at the current trend, all the MYLR are two months window since the order date (approximate guess).
When I went to pick up today, the sales guy said the new tax rules could possibly be retroactive to the beginning of March. He said they didn’t know for sure, but either way Tesla is trying to squeeze in as many March deliveries as possible.

They can't retroactively "take away" something - the new rules won't take effect until after they're issued.

...Treasury and the IRS intend to issue proposed guidance regarding the critical mineral and battery component requirements in March of 2023. Those requirements and certification obligations by qualified manufacturers take effect only after Treasury and the IRS issue proposed guidance, and Treasury and the IRS will expressly identify when the proposed guidance is issued.

Last edited:
This isn't entirely true. While it takes a minimum of 60 days for proposed regulations to become final due to the mandatory comment period, reliance on temporary regulations is the only way to avoid the IRS challenging a taxpayer's position. If the temporary regulations are unfavorable, it would not be hard for the IRS to enforce the temporary regulations back to their issue date. A taxpayer would have no defense for the period between the issuance of temporary regulations and the publishing of final regulations, other than by relying on the temporary regulations.

The rules won't be retroactive to before temporary regulations are issued, but there is no guarantee that the IRS will provide any relief during the comment period. Given how poor the IRS is at implementing new rules, you might still get away with taking a credit for deliveries during the comment period (this has happened recently with other credits), but you can't bank on that and are then subject to audit for three years.

MYLR W/B/19 no options.
OD - 01/23
EDD1 – March 17-March 31
EDD2 - March 13-March 31
First text March 5 re: trade-in (none)
First call to SA was about that text: – said to expect VIN o/a March 17, delivery o/a March 24.

Location – SoCal. Austin build.

First post, been stalking for a while. Appreciate everyone sharing their experience. Followed posts about delays, changing wheels, etc. Mine is right on schedule, with no changes to tires, paint, no checking of inventory, no calling/texting SA, etc. Just patiently waiting. At a production rate of 200,000 cars per month world-wide, there are going to be some who have glitches, and those glitches can get amplified in forums like this. I’m frankly amazed how well they are handling the huge increase in demand.

We ordered a MS back in Oct 2020, during the last price cut. Almost exactly the same 2 month delivery. Many manufacturers have backlogs for highly desirable cars.

MYLR W/B/19 no options.
OD - 01/23
EDD1 – March 17-March 31
EDD2 - March 13-March 31
First text March 5 re: trade-in (none)
First call to SA was about that text: – said to expect VIN o/a March 17, delivery o/a March 24.

Location – SoCal. Austin build.

First post, been stalking for a while. Appreciate everyone sharing their experience. Followed posts about delays, changing wheels, etc. Mine is right on schedule, with no changes to tires, paint, no checking of inventory, no calling/texting SA, etc. Just patiently waiting. At a production rate of 200,000 cars per month world-wide, there are going to be some who have glitches, and those glitches can get amplified in forums like this. I’m frankly amazed how well they are handling the huge increase in demand.

We ordered a MS back in Oct 2020, during the last price cut. Almost exactly the same 2 month delivery. Many manufacturers have backlogs for highly desirable cars.
Agreed just be patient its interesting our orders are similar our locations are very close and your OD is before mine yet I pick mine up earlier.
Its a crap shoot!!

OD 2/4
VIN 2/24
Picking up 3/8

MYLR Grey/Black 20" w Tow

Reactions: Terry Yang
Agreed just be patient its interesting our orders are similar our locations are very close and your OD is before mine yet I pick mine up earlier.
Its a crap shoot!!

OD 2/4
VIN 2/24
Picking up 3/8

MYLR Grey/Black 20" w Tow
Its not a crap shoot... you ordered your car with the $2,000 rims. The marginal cost for tesla on the 20" Wheels / Tires is minimal and thus its basically all profit. Its a business.. and they are smart about it. The Quarter-end is coming and locking in the high margin vehicles will make the earnings look REALLY good on the Q1 conference call.

Sorry I meant Fremont built... I thought all 7SAs were from Fremont based on Tesla VIN decoder.

View attachment 914580
Nope... 1st 3 digits are the Vendor. 11th digit is build location.

Digits 1 - 3: World Manufacturing Identifier
5YJ = Manufacturer: Tesla Inc., Vehicle Type: Passenger Car (Designated for Model S & Model 3)
7SA = Manufacturer: Tesla Inc., Vehicle Type: MPV (Designated for Model X & Model Y)
Digit 4: Make/Line/Series S = Tesla Model S X = Tesla Model X 3 = Tesla Model 3 Y = Tesla Model Y
Digit 5: Body Type and Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) A = Hatch back 5 Dr/ LHD C = Class E MPV / 5 Dr / LHD E = Sedan 4 Dr / LHD G = Class D MPV / 5 Dr / LHD
Digit 6: Restraint System 1 = Type 2 manual seatbelts (FR, SR*3) with front airbags, PODS, side inflatable restraints, knee airbags (FR) A = Type 2 manual seatbelts (FR, SR*3, TR*2) with front airbags, PODS, side inflatable restraints, knee airbags (FR) B = Type 2 manual seatbelts (FR, SR*2, TR*2) with front airbags, PODS, side inflatable restraints, knee airbags (FR) D = Type 2 Manual Seatbelts (FR, SR*3) with front airbags. PODS, side inflatable restraints, knee airbags (FR)
Digit 7: Fuel Type E = Electric
Digit 8: Motor/Drive Unit 5 = P2 Dual Motor (Designated for Model S & Model X) 6 = P2 Tri Motor (Designated for Model S & Model X) A = Single Motor – Standard / Performance (Designated for Model 3) B = Dual Motor – Standard (Designated for Model 3) C = Dual Motor – Performance (Designated for Model 3) D = Single Motor – Standard / Performance (Designated for Model Y) E = Dual Motor – Standard (Designated for Model Y) F = Dual Motor – Performance (Designated for Model Y)
Digit 9: Check Digit To be assigned by manufacturer pursuant to 49 CFR § 565.15(c).
Digit 10: Model Year N = 2022 Digit
11: Plant of Manufacture F = Fremont, CA A = Austin, TX
Digits 12-17: Unique serial number

Source:

Its not a crap shoot... you ordered your car with the $2,000 rims. The marginal cost for tesla on the 20" Wheels / Tires is minimal and thus its basically all profit. Its a business.. and they are smart about it. The Quarter-end is coming and locking in the high margin vehicles will make the earnings look REALLY good on the Q1 conference call.
That sounds like a reasonable take. I ordered a MYLR (white, basic options) on 2/2 for delivery to SoCal. Early on I had an EDD for the last week of March, but that got pushed back to April-May a couple weeks ago. I'm Q2 delivery now 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: James2023y
That sounds like a reasonable take. I ordered a MYLR (white, basic options) on 2/2 for delivery to SoCal. Early on I had an EDD for the last week of March, but that got pushed back to April-May a couple weeks ago. I'm Q2 delivery now 🤷‍♂️
It appears that the priorities are:
1) Produce the highest margin order first (Read: MYLR, White/Black, no options will be the last batch to be made) Prioritize by highest Margin first!
2) Produce the vehicles furthest from the production facility first (read: Ohio, NH, MA, NY, FL, GA, you get the picture now...).
3) Produce the MY4AWD first (following rule 1) the MYAWD can fetch for more $$ using less battery cells ===> more MY units out for the qtr).

I think this explains why so many in West Coast (CA, OR, WA and UT) have the 03/27~03/31 delivery dates (READ: you can put on the truck and haul to the delivery center within hours (less than a day and be back at the factory to haul another load to delivery center again).

Pretty clear to me based on my observation last 4 weeks,

It appears that the priorities are:
1) Produce the highest margin order first (Read: MYLR, White/Black, no options will be the last batch to be made) Prioritize by highest Margin first!
2) Produce the vehicles furthest from the production facility first (read: Ohio, NH, MA, NY, FL, GA, you get the picture now...).
3) Produce the MY4AWD first (following rule 1) the MYAWD can fetch for more $$ using less battery cells ===> more MY units out for the qtr).

I think this explains why so many in West Coast (CA, OR, WA and UT) have the 03/27~03/31 delivery dates (READ: you can put on the truck and haul to the delivery center within hours (less than a day and be back at the factory to haul another load to delivery center again).

Pretty clear to me based on my observation last 4 weeks,
And they used to be way more blatent about #1....up until late 2022 when demand dropped off a cliff, the ordering configurator gave any no option order an extra 3 month lead time compared to adding any options. MYP chopped off another 3 months. So it went, no options LR: 9 months, any option LR: 6 months, MYP: 3 months.