Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And they used to be way more blatent about #1....up until late 2022 when demand dropped off a cliff, the ordering configurator gave any no option order an extra 3 month lead time compared to adding any options. MYP chopped off another 3 months. So it went, no options LR: 9 months, any option LR: 6 months, MYP: 3 months.
Yeah, I am pretty sure if I stepped up to a 7 Seater (which I am on the fence), I will have my VIN within 24 hrs...

1/17 OD MYLR WHT/BLK, Tow
Change Order 3/1/2023: MYLR, MSM/Blk, Tow

EDD -1 Feb21~March 21
EDD -2 March 1~ March 21
EDD - 3 March 27~ March 31

Change Order 3/1/2023: MYLR, MSM/Blk, Tow

beewang

It appears that the priorities are:
1) Produce the highest margin order first (Read: MYLR, White/Black, no options will be the last batch to be made) Prioritize by highest Margin first!
2) Produce the vehicles furthest from the production facility first (read: Ohio, NH, MA, NY, FL, GA, you get the picture now...).
3) Produce the MY4AWD first (following rule 1) the MYAWD can fetch for more $$ using less battery cells ===> more MY units out for the qtr).

I think this explains why so many in West Coast (CA, OR, WA and UT) have the 03/27~03/31 delivery dates (READ: you can put on the truck and haul to the delivery center within hours (less than a day and be back at the factory to haul another load to delivery center again).

Pretty clear to me based on my observation last 4 weeks,
I don't think #2 is correct based on a lot of NJ/NY folks who ordered in Jan and still got pushed to Apr with a varied range of configs and some like me are now at 2nd quarter production run based on the 14th being the absolute earliest we could expect delivery given the "2 week" average of build to location that has been reported.

edit: or maybe I could be misunderstanding your point!

Reactions: Diamond_Dogs23
GOOD NEWS. VIN Assigned - Fremont Built
I was constantly in touch with the SA and would visit Tesla every 2-3 days telling them how I really need to make use of the full $7500 tax credit. Was really disappointed when my EDD got pushed a couple of days ago from March to April/May. I visited them again when this happened and they promised to help me secure a car soon. Guess what. Got a message today from the SA that someone's financing fell through and they have assigned me the VIN. Exact build that I had originally ordered for. I went there again to see if the car was there and how they had gotten me a VIN so soon. Saw the car and was really happy to see the build except a couple of minor issues that they will fix but nothing significant for me to not take delivery. Taking delivery by this weekend. Fingers crossed IRS doesn't announce the new regulations by then.

I don't think #2 is correct based on a lot of NJ/NY folks who ordered in Jan and still got pushed to Apr and some like me are now at 2nd quarter production run based on the 14th being the absolute earliest we could expect delivery given the "2 week" average of build to location that has been reported.

I bet you if you added one of the following to your order:
-20 inch Wheels
- Performance
- 7 seater

- EAP
-FSD

You will get a VIN within days. :-D

Reactions: amo2u
Picked up today. MYLR, Black on Black. 19" Gemini
Austin built
Flawless pick up.
Zero complaints. Drove home, no rattles or other noises. Paint and gaps look perfect. One small spot of a couple very minor scratches on the rear next to the license plate. Will come right off when I put ceramic on.

Drove a Tesla for the first time today, my test drive was off the lot! Braking will take some getting used to, but I love it.

I had an order, but...

Picked this one off inventory on Saturday. Got pickup in 2 days. If you want a Tesla quick, check inventory several times a day and when one pops up, call and get it.

I bet you if you added one of the following to your order:
-20 inch Wheels
- Performance
- 7 seater

- EAP
-FSD

You will get a VIN within days. :-D
That is an interesting thought although I suspect I could also get it if I go to an AWD..the change to the order being the catalyst. However no plans to revise my order and the delay is what it is. Not stressed out by it all that much... 😤 🤣

It appears that the priorities are:
1) Produce the highest margin order first (Read: MYLR, White/Black, no options will be the last batch to be made) Prioritize by highest Margin first!
2) Produce the vehicles furthest from the production facility first (read: Ohio, NH, MA, NY, FL, GA, you get the picture now...).
3) Produce the MY4AWD first (following rule 1) the MYAWD can fetch for more $$ using less battery cells ===> more MY units out for the qtr).

I think this explains why so many in West Coast (CA, OR, WA and UT) have the 03/27~03/31 delivery dates (READ: you can put on the truck and haul to the delivery center within hours (less than a day and be back at the factory to haul another load to delivery center again).

Pretty clear to me based on my observation last 4 weeks,
I tried to bring up similar points last time and got attacked, so I stop talking about it. 😂

Reactions: Antique_High80
I tried to br

I tried to bring up similar points last time and got attacked, so I stop talking about it. 😂
Seriously? That sucks! All theories should be welcome here - not like any of us have a clue anyway, least of all me.. mine was that Tesla is gaming the order process and delays help alleviate existing inventory and increase prices playing off the anxiety of the folks who placed orders... ;)

This morning I got the following text response from my local Tesla Service Center, 'As it turns out, our Tesla Service Centers are only accepting pick-up appointments at this time. Once a VIN is assigned <blah> <blah> <blah> <blah>'. I was trying to see if it would shorten my wait time to upgrade to 20" wheels.

I now realize that there is nothing that I can do but flap in the wind.

This morning I got the following text response from my local Tesla Service Center, 'As it turns out, our Tesla Service Centers are only accepting pick-up appointments at this time. Once a VIN is assigned <blah> <blah> <blah> <blah>'. I was trying to see if it would shorten my wait time to upgrade to 20" wheels.

I now realize that there is nothing that I can do but flap in the wind.
Approves...
BobDylanBITW.jpg

Anyone here has had their dates improved from April-May to Mar (esp. the ones who got pushed out)? Trying to gauge if there'll be any improvement in dates; now that they'll be focusing on meeting quarterly targets with deliveries closer to the factories.
We had April 17-May 30 change the other day to Mar 16-30. So big movement!

OD 1/27 - White/Black/19
last EDD 3/17 - 3/31.
still no VIN; I would like to change White to MSM, but afraid that would delay the DD.
I switched from white to MSM and no change to EDD. Obviously cars are painted in batches so I could be missing on the white batch versus the silver but it doesn’t appear to be significant (as of now).

💯 am with you.. want to keep that price locked in but also the configuration. We might be getting some updated hardware like the cameras but that's pure speculation. I am almost positive we will NOT be getting HW4.
I honestly wouldn’t hold my breath on HW4 until Q3 at the earliest. Had the same thought a month or so ago but I just don’t think it’s coming to 3/Y until later this year or early 2024. Sadly.