Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MYLR white/black/20' inception wheels
Freemont build - received matrix lights, front mud flaps, rear door rocker PPF, and lumbar support (which I thought they had phased out)

Paint work was good. couple of panel gaps were not perfect (driver door not flush, and the frunk gap not equal on both sides). Did have a small scratch on roof which was annoying. Hardly noticeable and won't impact me day to day - but it's a new car so put in a service request for that and the gaps.

Overall though, everything else fine.

Off tomorrow morning for PPF front, ceramic coating and driver/passenger front window tint.

Attachments

• IMG_5439.jpeg
    IMG_5439.jpeg
    282.8 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_5443.jpeg
    IMG_5443.jpeg
    488.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5441.jpeg
    IMG_5441.jpeg
    422.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5436.jpeg
    IMG_5436.jpeg
    189.3 KB · Views: 88
I have been freshing the app a few times today, nothing has changed. Still 4/6 to 5/11.

Just a minute ago, when I logged in my account on Tesla website, the Tesla vision message was there. After I clicked proceed, the EDD is now 3/21 to 3/28. Time to update my payment from cash to loan.

Also got the VIN (no text, just saw it when I logged in my account). VIN Fremont built PF709XXX
You got me to log into the website. Nada. I got tricked 🤣

I wouldn't be surprised if tesla had a more complicated algorithm looking at a whole host of attributes before providing or adjusting an EDD than simply how close or how far a delivery location is to the factory. It is in their best interest to base that on some sort of logic that minimizes cancellations and maximizes sales.
Yes of course it is more complicated that just margins and revrec. For just some of the complexities, see my post 4,434.

Picked up my MYLR white/black/20' inception wheels
Freemont build - received matrix lights, front mud flaps, rear door rocker PPF, and lumbar support (which I thought they had phased out)

Paint work was good. couple of panel gaps were not perfect (driver door not flush, and the frunk gap not equal on both sides). Did have a small scratch on roof which was annoying. Hardly noticeable and won't impact me day to day - but it's a new car so put in a service request for that and the gaps.

Overall though, everything else fine.

Off tomorrow morning for PPF front, ceramic coating and driver/passenger front window tint.
Congrats! Please share your experience with the additional job on the car. How much did they quote you on these?

Would I be able to switch my current reservation for a MYSR with a god knows when EDD for one that pops into inventory? If so, would Tesla charge me the current price or would I be able to get the pre hike price on my reservation?
If your initial reservation was for SR, as soon as you see any SR in the inventory(from a place you can pickup), text the number or call your local showroom. They will be able to match your existing RN with the car you found(with the price you were quoted on the initial order. Any add-ons on this new car may cost you extra). The only issue here is the the timing. You have to get them to match before someone else gets the car.
AFAIK, if you place a new order, they wont be able to get you the old price.

No text, but I opened the app and saw an alert that tesla was making changes that impact my order… then I noticed the VIN above. This probably won’t help those break the habit of reloading like me. Lol.

Turns out that for the alert I just needed to log in to my account to accept the Tesla vision statement.

MYLR Red/Black/19 - no options
OD: 1/20
EDD 1: Jan-Mar
EDD 2: Mar 4-31
EDD 3: Mar 5-19 (updated Feb 22)
- trade in text (Feb 23)
- VIN to be assigned in 1-2 weeks text (Feb 26)
EDD 4: Mar 14-28 (updated Mar 6)
- VIN Assigned: Mar 7 (no text, only in app) PA084…
EDD 5: Mar 19-28

I believe I’m one of the few that’s happy I’m not getting matrix lights.
Why wouldn't you be getting the matrix headlights? Doesn't every Model Y come with them as of 2023?

If your initial reservation was for SR, as soon as you see any SR in the inventory(from a place you can pickup), text the number or call your local showroom. They will be able to match your existing RN with the car you found(with the price you were quoted on the initial order. Any add-ons on this new car may cost you extra). The only issue here is the the timing. You have to get them to match before someone else gets the car.
I've Txt, called and webchat. All refuse to match my initial order price for the exact same config.

Tried calling, txting, and webchat. None of them would match my initial order price on a SR. Delivery date changed to TBD even though inventory is popping up in Florida with the exact same config. Only option they said I have is to pay the new increased price.

Would I be able to switch my current reservation for a MYSR with a god knows when EDD for one that pops into inventory? If so, would Tesla charge me the current price or would I be able to get the pre hike price on my reservation?
Since I did this yesterday, I originally had a MYLR Silver/black with 19" wheels, that I ordered Jan 29. I was able to get the exact same setup, just in the AWD variant, for $52,990, which I believe is the price from Jan?