Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone out there placed a second order (existing inventory) then have Tesla place that VIN on your original order (cheaper price) and then cancel the 2nd order and eat the $250.

I see matching inventory but it disappears quickly before I can hear back from SA. Would love to go ahead and place the order but have my original price honored.

Has anyone out there placed a second order (existing inventory) then have Tesla place that VIN on your original order (cheaper price) and then cancel the 2nd order and eat the $250.

I see matching inventory but it disappears quickly before I can hear back from SA. Would love to go ahead and place the order but have my original price honored.
No luck here. I tried several times for them to honor my original price on existing inventory but was denied. I've had a VIN since I ordered but delivery date has changed to TBD. No answers of why inventory keeps popping up in the same config but my order isn't being fulfilled.

I managed to get them to reduce a price of a MYLR "in inventory" (as. it turns out it had actually been built, marked for CO but is still at the factory so not really as quick as I thought it would go down) vehicle when I made the switch from my MYP order. They brought it down to a price that I would have paid for the MYLR had I ordered it on 02/03 when I originally ordered my MYP. I used the chat feature on the vehicle page to get them to do this and match me to the new vehicle. I received the VIN instantly after spending about 10 mins on the chat with the SA.

I previously tried to do this a week earlier via the SA using the text and she said this was not possible and that I would have to pay the new price..So use a couple of modes of communication because one of them might work :)

Reactions: slyderz3
No luck here. I tried several times for them to honor my original price on existing inventory but was denied. I've had a VIN since I ordered but delivery date has changed to TBD. No answers of why inventory keeps popping up in the same config but my order isn't being fulfilled.
Hey so i was on the same boat you have 2 options here
1. go to the store they should do it they should price match and give you a car from inventory (they did it for me)
2, Get a personal email id of employees working in stores

I tried calling mailing texting nothing worked one of the guy in form was from GA he gave me a person email id from a store here in GA and i mailed her and she did it for me i placed order on 2/8
changed it 2 days before from inventory.

That is weird that the delivery date was changed to TBD after the VIN was assigned. I would look in the app to ensure that all of the tasks are done. Just a suggestion

I ordered Model Y on Jan 18th, intial delivery date was jan18- mar 31 , then it got pushed to Feb 20- mar 20, then it got pushed to mar 8 - mar 31 , now again it pushed to April 8 - May 13, looks to me Tesla is just randomly Throwing delivery date without having inventory. This is highly frustrating and horrible.
I ordered on 1/7 but document says 1/18 - NJ Mine is White/Black int. what is your color choice. might be that is the reason.

EDD updated to 3/5-3/19. I am almost positive they are prioritizing delivery to folks who live further from factories. I live in Austin and have had my EDD pushed back since 2/10 lol. Still holding on to the 52,990 MSRP, ill be patient.
Well, I received the expect a VIN in 1-2 weeks on 2/28 and haven't heard anything else from that yet. Just checked and my delivery window updated again to 3/23-3/31. No VIN.

Throwing more money on the hood didn't work for me. Here's this morning's update. I need to delete the app so I won't be tempted to check the EDD every day since it is nothing but a tease and exercise in frustration. I should probably thank Tesla for trying to save me $60,000 even though I might have paid them $250 for that savings. ;)

1678285813585.png

That is weird that the delivery date was changed to TBD after the VIN was assigned. I would look in the app to ensure that all of the tasks are done. Just a suggestion
yup that happened in all the MYAWD orders from january until mid feb they gave us VIN on the same day.
for example I ordered a inventory car which was "pre-production" on 2/8 got vin the same day and EDD was TBD until day before yesterday.
the funny thing is I ordered on 2/8 my vin was PA073 i changed my order day before yesterday from Inventory (it didn't say pre-production) Now the delivery is on Friday and the VIN for the one which i booked day before yesterday is PA080

Throwing more money on the hood didn't work for me. Here's this morning's update. I need to delete the app so I won't be tempted to check the EDD every day since it is nothing but a tease and exercise in frustration. I should probably thank Tesla for trying to save me $60,000 even though I might have paid them $250 for that savings. ;)

View attachment 915251
You need to be at peace now ;)... you're a Texan and can expect delivery by the end of the month. After having received a VIN on Feb 28, changing to 20 inch and tow wouldn't really help your timeline much.

Agree - but that will only happen once guidance has been issued and whatever the guidance is. Again it's easy to get frustrated and the temptation to cancel immediately becomes strong.. but if someone really wants a MY then they should sit tight until the government clarifies things OR make moves to get one sooner via inventory etc..
Well yeah, I'm butthurt lol....The last delivery time was close to my birthday. I honestly believe it would be better for Tesla to issue some kind of a disclaimer or a much much more realistic way of projecting these deliveries. If they had simply said " We should have a VIN in the next 4-5 months. It could be longer" There would have been no misconceptions. I'm a new customer, so I'm still trying to differentiate between Tesla BS and reality here. If you give me an estimate, which has been changed 3 times BTW, then I'm beginning to loose confidence in your system. There is only it seems maybe a .00000000000001 difference between EDD and a SWAG ( scientific wild assed guess ).

Are we seeing some of the same tactics other car dealers use? They get you in the door with a carrot, in this case a delivery date, but it's only an estimate sonny boy. Yeah we thought you all knew it was BS. Is this the expectation we have from corporate? Apparently it is. My expectaion is now not to have one.

Not sure what the IRS is going to do. I'm still sitting on my order and I'm one of those people who will go to a restraunt, put my name in, wait an hour, inquire and be told they accidentally overlooked me, actually happened.

I don't care what options someone else added, I was given a reasonable expectation of delivery and it has failed on three occasions. Prioritization should have more to do with the customer than with the order.....and Elon knows in the next 2 to three years he will have more serious competition, so he is trying to get us all Teslized before then. I have money down on an Equinox too and am well aware there will be competition even if fanboys try to minimize it by saying noone else will ever keep up. If we stop buying your cars they will.

For those interested, Troy Teslike has tweeted today about IRS battery requirements being clarified by the end of the month:

Not sure if this is new information. The notification has always been expected by the end of the month and I don't know where he's getting the transition period. Great if it's there but I'm expecting for it to take affect instantly after its announced.

Reactions: justinpursuit

Hello, you've seen a few responses where others were able to get their's changed. If you are closer to the Tesla office, maybe you can go and talk to the SA or ask for a manager. This has been a hit and miss by many - some were able to keep the original price (when they ordered), some were not. Only way you can keep the original price is if your SA or someone at the Tesla office makes this change for you. If are able to talk to a live person, do not take no for an answer. Texting 510 number, etc., is not much help as they will not get back to you on a timely manner. And, by the time, what you see on inventory is probably gone. I called my local office and talked to another SA (my SA was not in the office that day), who changed my initial design to match what I found in the inventory of another state and he was able to route the car to my location. Good luck.

(By the way, not all inventory from all states can be registered in other states - there are some restrictions as Tesla sells directly to the customers and states have different contract with Tesla making it difficult for customers to by out-of-state vehicles).

Yes. For me to accomplish this I went in and spoke to my SA. I did not cancel the original one on her advice. She said that would just expire since I will not complete the steps on that one toward purchasing. I am "eating" the $250. I got VERY lucky. I did have to get the Tow Hitch which I did not have on my intial order.