Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my snow white today. Perfect with 2 minor faults. As can be seen in the pics, the gap over the left tail light is a bit more than the right one. The rare mirror is a bit bulged in the center compared to the roof glass which is not visible in the pic but is there in bright sunlight if you notice. Nothing I can't live without. Paint is perfect and no scratches on glass. No whimming noise at high speed as reported by some others. Will get the PPF done next week and install spoiler alongwith other exterior accessories.
Good luck to everyone. Hope you guys get yours soon and that it is perfect.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-03-09 at 5.44.23 PM(1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-03-09 at 5.44.23 PM(1).jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 115
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-03-09 at 5.44.23 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-03-09 at 5.44.23 PM.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 94
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-03-09 at 6.05.58 PM(1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-03-09 at 6.05.58 PM(1).jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 90
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-03-09 at 6.05.58 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-03-09 at 6.05.58 PM.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 91
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-03-09 at 6.05.58 PM(2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-03-09 at 6.05.58 PM(2).jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 90
a carbon footprint line has to be drawn somewhere for multiple reasons - otherwise, you would include the fuel used by the vehicles to extract the minerals, and even the carbon footprint to manufacture those vehicles, and so forth and so on. you also have to factor in "who is responsible for what emissions?". I worked on carbon reporting software for years and companies have to ensure that there's not double coverage of GHGs. it's literally a science to track all of that data that goes well beyond what I can fathom. I'm definitely an idiot, but the ownership of emissions and delineation of who is responsible for what makes me downright brain dead.

"I worked on carbon reporting software for years and companies have to ensure that there's not double coverage of GHGs. it's literally a science to track all of that data that goes well beyond what I can fathom. I'm definitely an idiot, but the ownership of emissions and delineation of who is responsible for what makes me downright brain dead."

No, you're not brain dead or an idiot, you're just not a politician. ;-) It's the politicians who will decide where to assign the blame. And as one politico said to his staff, " Make sure you assign the blame where it will do the most good."

Last year, "The Biden administration proposed a new rule today that would require federal contractors to disclose their greenhouse gas emissions and make efforts to limit their pollution. ... "major” contractors ... would also have to disclose “relevant categories” of their indirect pollution, called Scope 3 emissions in technical speak, which might include pollution from their own supply chains and from the use of their products."

"Federal agencies will have to find ways of tracking and reporting their downstream carbon emissions, down to the level of their employees’ commuting and business travel, under a new set of White House instructions."

Reactions: monkft
Well......................................................................
switching to a performance model and spending a few more dollars seems to have had an effect.
just Got the accept Vision policy.
Did That .
Edit

Estimated Delivery March 17th - March 24.
VIN Issued.
WoW Just WoW Happy Camper.
Glad that seems to have worked for you! I simply don't want a MYP because of the disadvantages I listed earlier. I was hesitant enough to change from 19" to 20" wheels, but I simply couldn't convinced myself to be satisfied with plastic wheel covers or the wheels behind them. I considered powder coating them black, but I don't like how "open" they are - I like how the 20" wheels hide more of what's behind them.

Higher insurance, higher tire costs, and lower efficiency seem counter to one of the primary reasons of buying an EV in the first place: Lower operating costs. ;)

My VIN was PA080xxx and it was built in Austin on 02/17/2023 and took the delivery on 03/02/203. So, PA078XXX is probably a reject or someone cancelled.
As we go back and forth on vins, keep in mind that AWD vins do not coincide with LRAWD vins. I have an AWD that I'm taking delivery on 3/20, whose build date is 3/5. It's vin is PA081xxx. I think during that same build week, I've seen LRAWD vins in the PA084xxx range. I think Tesla may specify a range of vins to either be LRAWD or AWD. Therefore when comparing your vin to others, make sure that it's the same type of MY, LRAWD or AWD.

Glad that seems to have worked for you! I simply don't want a MYP because of the disadvantages I listed earlier. I was hesitant enough to change from 19" to 20" wheels, but I simply couldn't convinced myself to be satisfied with plastic wheel covers or the wheels behind them. I considered powder coating them black, but I don't like how "open" they are - I like how the 20" wheels hide more of what's behind them.

Higher insurance, higher tire costs, and lower efficiency seem counter to one of the primary reasons of buying an EV in the first place: Lower operating costs. ;)
Hey I absolutely wanted the smaller wheels- in fact some 18's would ne preferable as would the increased ground clearance and softer ride. Hope the Insurance increase isn't to severe either.

I may buy a lift kit and the 18 or 19 inch wheels as well down the road. At least I can save money on tire related expenses. I have a Rim clamp tire changer that can do Low profile tires up to 24 inches and an electronic wheel balancer so will save money there when the time comes also a10K lb 2 post lift as well to mod the suspension or add a trailer hitch.

Just Happy to have a VIN now and a closer delivery date.
As my 455 name suggests I like power as well so having more power and a track mode will be neat and welcome as well.

This is all new to me- Never even sat in a Tesla but have wanted an electric car since being a kid and dreaming about it.

" I saw PF668xxx to PF710xxx, all built in 3/2023."

from below suggests my P model VIN is in that group as well.

Last edited:
1251678408152_.pic.jpg

My delivery was scheduled to be tomorrow morning but we just could not wait.
My wife and I went to Fremont to see if we could pick up earlier (just in case IRS making a change tomorrow).
On our way over to the sales office, we saw hundreds of cars (at least) in the big lot, at least a dozen trucks loading cars up. There may be more trucks in the back of the big lot but we drove by fast and did not check closely.

It turns out our car is already in the sales office parking lot with 100+ other cars to be delivered to local buyers.
The SA said it will just take 2 hours (actually they did it in just 1 hour) to finish the preparation and give it to us.

I asked the SA and found my car was built on 3/3/2023, almost a week ago.
Then she told me the general area where I can find my car in the lot.

This is what I saw while looking one by one for the car with my VIN.
- there are many more MYP than I had expected, as many as MYLR on the small lot.
- the VIN may not be assigned in a strict sequential order since I saw PF668xxx to PF710xxx, all built in 3/2023.
- there are more model 3 cars than I expected but I do not know they are sold or not.

Hope everyone reading this get his/her car soon.

---
Oh, 1 more thing, to those few guys advised me to check whether I really received an LR, not SR.
Yes, I did get an LR. I would not Tesla would be so shady to play tricks on anyone's order. Maybe I was just naive.

The car has 2 miles on it when we took it even though the paperwork says 15 miles.
AS a matter of fact, every new car in the lot has 15 miles on the paperwork (they put it on wind shield or front seat).
I did quick inspection while they are doing the final preparation and while it was being charged, I found nothing bad.
I would not say it is flawless, maybe I was not thorough enough and will find something in the next 2 days.

Good luck to you all to get the car you ordered soon.

OD: 1/21
EDD1 (1/24): 2/27-3/31
EDD2 (2/28): 3/14-3/31

MYLR W/B/19 nothing added

I got a text from 510 this morning:

“Hello! In the days prior to the vehicle's arrival (3/16), you'll receive a SMS message with a self-scheduling link embedded…[blah, blah, have insurance before pickup, blah, blah]”

Is this a standard text? Has anyone else got one similar? Does this mean I’ll be able to schedule pick up for ~ 3/16? My EDD in the app is still 3/20 - 3/27. 🤔

I replied back this morning to the text to ask, but they didn’t confirm what they meant. Can’t tell if they meant I’d get a text on the 16th or my car that day. I’m really hoping to get the car 16th/17th so I don’t have to redo/refresh financing stuff.

View attachment 915739

How on earth is that tail light within specifications? Either the service center teams are super annoyed by the amount of work they are getting or, Tesla has very very poorly agreed upon specification limits. Below is the tail light on the right side which looks so much better than the left View attachment 915740
My friend picked up an Austin build back in January and he had pretty big panel gaps all around. He got some things fixed but similar to you, got the "it's in spec" phrase from Tesla.

All that being said, the remaining big panel gaps haven't caused any issues and he's driven the car A LOT over the last 2 months (we live in NJ so it's rained and snowed so much the last several weeks). He still has worse panel gaps than you for both tail lights but hasn't experienced any issues with that.

I think the "it's in spec" means that it's functioning even though there may be some cosmetic issues. Obviously anyone would be upset if there are cosmetic issues on a car they spent like $50k+ on but with Tesla, just having 1-2 minor issues is probably near best case scenario.

Hopefully you don't have any other big issues and that they can fix your tail light gap issue (also hope the fix doesn't cause any additional issues).

I got a text from 510 this morning:

“Hello! In the days prior to the vehicle's arrival (3/16), you'll receive a SMS message with a self-scheduling link embedded…[blah, blah, have insurance before pickup, blah, blah]”

Is this a standard text? Has anyone else got one similar? Does this mean I’ll be able to schedule pick up for ~ 3/16? My EDD in the app is still 3/20 - 3/27. 🤔

I replied back this morning to the text to ask, but they didn’t confirm what they meant. Can’t tell if they meant I’d get a text on the 16th or my car that day. I’m really hoping to get the car 16th/17th so I don’t have to redo/refresh financing stuff.
The SAs get an estimated date of when the truck will arrive to their location. You will get sent an automated self-scheduling link where you'll have a few days window to pick delivery date.

I'm assuming your car is gonna arrive at the Tesla location on 3/16 and then that same day or so, you'll get a link to schedule your DD (given that 3/16 is a Thursday, you'll prob get available pickup dates starting 3/20 or even a few days later).

Reactions: slyderz3
I went back and forth with that since the difference between the MYP configuration and I ordered, and the MYLR I eventually switched/matched to was only $500. In the end, it was the tires, replacement, ride and the higher insurance cost led me to switch to a MYLR..
Have you checked the tire replacement costs for both? My last research at tirerack shows $1300 for MYLR and $2,000 for MYP. Considering that your MYP tires will need to be replaced sooner, my estimate is that tire cost difference is about $3.4k for 80k miles.

• Informative
Reactions: zroger73
I was told by the SA that the scheduling message will come once the vehicle is in transit. Not sure how accurate that is vs the message being sent once the vehicle has been inspected at the delivery location.
Yes the scheduling message can come when the vehicle is still in transit (it typically comes when it's somewhat close to Tesla location). I would imagine they won't let you schedule DD if your car is still at Fremont and is being transported/delivered to NY. Again they will use the estimated arrival date of the truck for your pickup date ranges. If there's any delay, then they'll send you another text saying you need to reschedule your DD.

Edit: As others have mentioned: if you're nice and reach out to the SA with a good reason, they may let you schedule a DD earlier rather than waiting for the automated process to send you the scheduling link.

Reactions: xxxadixxx
Have you checked the tire replacement costs for both? My last research at tirerack shows $1300 for MYLR and $2,000 for MYP. Considering that your MYP tires will need to be replaced sooner, my estimate is that tire cost difference is about $3.4k for 80k miles.
Just priced out replacement z rated Michelin Pilot 4 staggered tires for a MYP for people that can change their own $1140 will do it including free shipping from ebay sellers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vomhorizon
Households such as yours are a tiny fraction of the US population, 8% according to a Pew study. More to the point, per the EPA, renewable energy generates only about 20% of all U.S. electricity...

So, any model that assumes that 90% of an EV's energy consumption will be generated from renewable sources is unrealistic and its conclusions should be designated as misinformation, IMHO.
Pointless to argue on this. You have your 'opinion' and I have given you the same information used by the government to make policy, not to mention my own point that I and many others charge with 100% renewable energy. You choose to ignore the facts and that's fine. Calling it misinformation however, whilst simultaneously promoting your opinion as valid, is not something I will not take seriously. Peace.