Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MY AWD from existing inventory on Feb 11. On Feb ~22nd my estimated delivery date was changed from Feb 24 - Mar 23 to TBD. As of today it remains TBD. VIN is PA0738xx. Any ideas what’s going on? SA said “I’ve never seen this before, I’ll get back to you” which he has yet to do. Appreciate any clues you might have.

I ordered a MY AWD from existing inventory on Feb 11. On Feb ~22nd my estimated delivery date was changed from Feb 24 - Mar 23 to TBD. As of today it remains TBD. VIN is PA0738xx. Any ideas what’s going on? SA said “I’ve never seen this before, I’ll get back to you” which he has yet to do. Appreciate any clues you might have.
I wonder if it got caught up in the recall or something happened in shipping? Others have mentioned that sometimes things are listed in inventory that haven't even been built yet? I don't know if this last thing is actually true or not though.

$52990 is the current price. Price in January would have been $51990 (50990 base plus 1000 for silver). They do not honor the January price because you didn't order a standard range in January. Actually no one ordered a standard range in January because it's an off menu vehicle.
I order a MY AWD on 2/10 when the base price was $50,990, the next day when I decided to order the second the price had gone up by $500. I believe it went up another $500 shortly thereafter.

Yesterday 3/12, I took delivery of the MY I ordered on 2/11. The build quality was excellent, as well as the delivery process. No issues what so ever. I was out of the Sales Center in less than 30 minutes. The car was a little bit dirty, but the blamed the birds for that... No big deal.

The first MY I ordered is still showing 3/16 to 3/31 estimated delivery.

Order Date: 2/5 (South Carolina)

EDD: March to May

VIN Assigned on 2/25 - Applied for Finance and submitted Insurance Policy (Didn't add car to policy at this time)

EDD : 3/13 to 3/21 (After VIN assignment)

3/1 - I reached out to the SA and asked about delivery location, he confirmed that was set up for Charlotte NC. Was never given an option, was assigned by Tesla. Charlotte was my preferred location but he told me that if I needed to make a change that would've delayed the delivery date.

3/2 - EDD: 3/6 to 3/15

3/2 - Same day received text to schedule delivery date (3/12 - 12:30PM)

3/2 - Ask advisor if delivery could be sooner, he said that if car arrives earlier they will let me know but that 3/12 was the best they could do at that time.

3/6 - Made final payment on the App.

3/12 - Picked up Car.

Arrived at the NC service center at noon, checked in. A few moments later an advisor aproach me and explain that I will be receiving my documents via fedex to register the car. We walked to the car, checked the car for gaps (thankfully none) check for scratches (none) took delivery and I was on my way. I'm very grateful for everyone in this forum, best support group ever.

Let me know if you have any questions, I tried to be as detailed as possible.

That does put things in perspective quickly. I hope it all goes well for you. I know you said you weren't looking for sympathy. I had a zipper installed in my chest in 2012 and have a cow valve put in place of my aortic valve and dealt with prostate cancer in 2019. So yeah, this waiting game really pales in comparison. On the upside, I did read a post a page or two back of someone from PA going to a service center and saying every single parking spot was full of new Teslas, so hopefully yours will be there soon. I do think there will be a massive Q1 rush to get things out to keep the stockholders at bay.

Best of luck to you with your health and getting your new ride.
Wow! You have been through quite a bit as well. In hindsight I am sorry to throw a wrench into this discussion on delivery times. You have been there, so I'm sure you understand how it stays on one's mind. I really want everyone to get their cars and be happy with them. I wish you the best with your future health.

The someone who went to Tesla was me ha ha...I went by to see if they had any cancellations with a mind to maybe look at a car available. In hindsight it probably wasn't the best move as I would only want a car that is put together ok. People will sometimes reject cars for other reasons. When the dynamics change people will sometimes back out all depending, and in that location 250.00 is nothing. One disadvantage to wait delivery times is people have time to think and reconsider things they may have overlooked.

There were literally no spare parking places in the lot I was in. I'm sure a few were there for service, but the majority of cars were all new deliveries with some dude running around frantically putting tags on. These must have largely been deliveries from 1/15 OD and slightly before. Every day after that added time to deliveries because they depleted stock that 1st week IMO.

Here’s to 20 good years in your new Y. Best of luck with getting back into remission. Thoughts and prayers for your next 18 weeks. Thanks for helping us keep some perspective. 🧡

Many thanks! I hope so! In 2024 there might be a few who wish they had waited for HW4 and will look back thinking they got the car too early lol. Everything has a level of importance. I am one of those types that tends to hyper focus on a problem until I get a resolution to it, so yanking the dates three times is probably the best way to drive me nuts. I have probably put too much importance on it.

To the other person who has a March birthday, who I can't seem to relocate in this thread. Happy Birthday! I hope we can enjoy a belated present. If I get an EDD on April 1st I'm no way taking that one seriously.

• Love
Reactions: Mainuh and FanboyNC
Payment question: Will Tesla accept a cashiers check from my name for the down payment even though the car will be registered solely under my wife's name? The loan is also through Tesla and will be under my wife's name solely as well.

Wow! You have been through quite a bit as well. In hindsight I am sorry to throw a wrench into this discussion on delivery times. You have been there, so I'm sure you understand how it stays on one's mind. I really want everyone to get their cars and be happy with them. I wish you the best with your future health.

The someone who went to Tesla was me ha ha...I went by to see if they had any cancellations with a mind to maybe look at a car available. In hindsight it probably wasn't the best move as I would only want a car that is put together ok. People will sometimes reject cars for other reasons. When the dynamics change people will sometimes back out all depending, and in that location 250.00 is nothing. One disadvantage to wait delivery times is people have time to think and reconsider things they may have overlooked.

There were literally no spare parking places in the lot I was in. I'm sure a few were there for service, but the majority of cars were all new deliveries with some dude running around frantically putting tags on. These must have largely been deliveries from 1/15 OD and slightly before. Every day after that added time to deliveries because they depleted stock that 1st week IMO.

Many thanks! I hope so! In 2024 there might be a few who wish they had waited for HW4 and will look back thinking they got the car too early lol. Everything has a level of importance. I am one of those types that tends to hyper focus on a problem until I get a resolution to it, so yanking the dates three times is probably the best way to drive me nuts. I have probably put too much importance on it.

To the other person who has a March birthday, who I can't seem to relocate in this thread. Happy Birthday! I hope we can enjoy a belated present. If I get an EDD on April 1st I'm no way taking that one seriously.
I sincerely hope you get your car asap... perhaps a birthday present VIN... followed by a quick delivery. Good luck and cheers to 20-30 years in your "Y" and other EVs going forward :)

• Love
Reactions: starise
New here - 1st post
OD 1/17 (Tesla doc has 1/18)
Location - New Jersey, picking up from princeton
MYLR5 W/B/19"/No options
EDD1 (1/18) 2/14-3/21
EDD2 - 2/21-3/21
EDD3 - 3/8-3/31

VIN received on 3/4/24 - PF7005XX
DD 3/18 - 3/25
Update:
Recieved a text/email to schedule delivery
Scheduled delivery for 3/20/22 at Lawrenceville location

Order Date: 2/5 (South Carolina)

EDD: March to May

VIN Assigned on 2/25 - Applied for Finance and submitted Insurance Policy (Didn't add car to policy at this time)

EDD : 3/13 to 3/21 (After VIN assignment)

3/1 - I reached out to the SA and asked about delivery location, he confirmed that was set up for Charlotte NC. Was never given an option, was assigned by Tesla. Charlotte was my preferred location but he told me that if I needed to make a change that would've delayed the delivery date.

3/2 - EDD: 3/6 to 3/15

3/2 - Same day received text to schedule delivery date (3/12 - 12:30PM)

3/2 - Ask advisor if delivery could be sooner, he said that if car arrives earlier they will let me know but that 3/12 was the best they could do at that time.

3/6 - Made final payment on the App.

3/12 - Picked up Car.

Arrived at the NC service center at noon, checked in. A few moments later an advisor aproach me and explain that I will be receiving my documents via fedex to register the car. We walked to the car, checked the car for gaps (thankfully none) check for scratches (none) took delivery and I was on my way. I'm very grateful for everyone in this forum, best support group ever.

Let me know if you have any questions, I tried to be as detailed as possible.
MYLR? Inventory car? Configuration?

That is very fast delivery.

Reactions: LetsGoElectric
Spoke with an SA to see if my vehicle (Fremont build date of 03/04) had shipped or not. I was informed that the status changed to transit on Sunday so its on its way with the journey to CO taking anywhere from five to nine days according to him. So for those CO buyers with early March build dates (Fremont) it could be that they decided to ship a bunch of vehicles together. He expects mine to arrive on 03/20 and for me to get notified around Friday in terms of scheduling delivery for next week..I tried to see if I could get a delivery date sooner since I need to book air-travel to Colorado Springs and he said he couldn't offer that until the vehicle is about 2 days from its destination...

Spoke with an SA to see if my vehicle (Fremont build date of 03/04) had shipped or not. I was informed that the status changed to transit on Sunday so its on its way with the journey to CO taking anywhere from five to nine days according to him. So for those CO buyers with early March build dates (Fremont) it could be that they decided to ship a bunch of vehicles together. He expects mine to arrive on 03/20 and for me to get notified around Friday in terms of scheduling delivery for next week..I tried to see if I could get a delivery date sooner since I need to book air-travel to Colorado Springs and he said he couldn't offer that until the vehicle is about 2 days from its destination...
Do you have a direct line to call your SA? Is your SA local at your delivery center?

Thanks. We are doing the same.
Hi, I thought about just installing the NEMA 14-50 receptacle and use the mobile charger as well. But after doing some research, I finally decided to install the wall connector, and also keep the mobile charger for travel need, etc.. If I may, I want to share my reasonings - not necessarily expert opinion as I have little to no knowledge when it comes to electrical stuff. The wall connector has couple of advantages - depending on how you install the NEMA 14-50 receptacle. For example, it has a built-in GFCI (or something that helps from surges and overheating etc.). I assume you can install a GFCI breaker when installing NEMA 14-50 receptacle, which will take care of this - but still seek professional opinion to be certain. The other advantage of having the wall connector is that it is direct wired to the power source, which maybe better than having a second termination point (NEMA 14-50 receptacle) before the charging cable is connected to the car. Pulling constantly 40 AMP for several hours maybe good with direct power source. As I said, these are some of the points I gathered when watched some YouTube videos, etc. And, it would be good if there is someone who is more knowledgable and have professional experience as an electrician to provide additional guidance. I just wanted to be safe when it comes to electrical stuff.

Reactions: starise