Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great. Now I’m all paranoid about mine. Still haven’t received a delivery date yet other than the unofficial Mar 20th
The odds of a vehicle getting damaged during transit are really low. Odds of 2 being damaged when shipped together are lower still so I kind of took one for team CO there :). That said, my original MYLR (Red) is most likely not damaged and this was wrong information communicated back to the CS agent. If it had been truly damaged I doubt tesla would have moved it right back to inventory this quickly.

Reactions: Puka Bum
New Tesla forum member and budding Tesla owner here. Wifey currently has a 2017 Honda Accord EX-L with 65k miles on it and we finally got around to test driving both the M3 (they only had the M3 RWD to test drive) and the MY LR this past weekend. She decided she wanted the MY - which actually surprised me a bit as she had always preferred the looks of the M3 previously - but after driving both and seeing a MY LR in MSM with the 19" black wheels - she came around to the MY.

So long story short I've been watching the existing inventory like a hawk since Monday, and a MY LR MSM/19 popped up in DC area (we are in Delaware) and I grabbed it up. Currently delivery ETA is 3/24-3/31. Hoping it stays in March as it's my current understanding that the regs for the $7500 federal tax credit may change starting 4/1? We had to keep the out the door price under 60k as the DE state rebate tops out right at 60k, otherwise we would have considered a MYP model.

Had a bit of a debacle on the Financing part in the app so far - and I'm a bit surprised that there's no online documentation available from Tesla on how the app actually works (like what certain buttons actually do - what decisions are you making when choosing certain options - I'm a technology sales engineer/success manager so things like this matter to me LOL) - but we're making our way through the process. Tesla came in kinda low on the trade-in value for her Honda Accord - but I'm getting the impression this is kinda common with non-Tesla brand trades. I've already got estimates from Carvana and Carmax that are 2k higher so I'll likely just sell her car to one of those two outfits.

Happy to be joining this board and looking forward to learning more about Tesla moving forward! I'm a long time stockholder so I track Tesla pretty closely - but this is our first foray into actual product ownership.

I'm still driving an ICE RAM 1500 hemi pickup myself - but I work from home full time so we don't use the truck much as a result. I've got a CT on order since it was announced (like many on here I'm sure), so am waiting patiently on the CT to come to market hopefully later this year. I'm sure I won't have a delivery date on any CT until sometime in 2024 or 2025 - which is just fine by me.

Just received a text message from a tesla representative stating that she will be my adviser going forward and will call me shortly. Is this standard practice ahead of delivery day selection?
I got a call yesterday to confirm my appointment , and then an email later from an advisor confirming the appointment. But did not say he/she will be my advisor

Reactions: Vomhorizon
This "Wouldn't be surprised to see Tesla offer $3750-7500 discounts to offset any credits lost, similar to what we've seen them do in other markets.".. yes I'm expecting. They did that in Dec 2022.. won't be offered until very late in the game though.
Ngl, I'm now hoping that they come in and kill the credit before I take delivery of my poverty edition. My limit was 57k out the door (never counted on the gov to do something nice for me). If they drop it I'll eat the $250 res fee and grab a MYLR w/o hesitation. Even though it'd mean waiting months longer. At least this time I'd know not to ever look at the app, and I wouldn't have the stream of Amazon delivering accessories for a car I don't have 😂 (they're all here already)

Just received a text message from a tesla representative stating that she will be my advisor going forward and will call me shortly. Is this standard practice ahead of delivery day selection?
I have been having Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde as my associates. One talks like he really wants me to buy the car while the other talks like he wants to donate a Tesla car to me 🤷‍♂️

Ngl, I'm now hoping that they come in and kill the credit before I take delivery of my poverty edition. My limit was 57k out the door (never counted on the gov to do something nice for me). If they drop it I'll eat the $250 res fee and grab a MYLR w/o hesitation. Even though it'd mean waiting months longer. At least this time I'd know not to ever look at the app, and I wouldn't have the stream of Amazon delivering accessories for a car I don't have 😂 (they're all here already)
Like someone quoted, this is my situation as well 🤪;

Wake up - open Tesla App and see the same EDD or worse a pushed-out EDD.

Click Manage - go to Tesla website and see the same EDD with no VIN showing up. Hit Control U to search for VIN in the source code, but to no avail.

See lots of accelerated delivery vehicles, which by no means match my configuration, and which are at least 2K more.

Force close Tesla App.

Open IRS website to check for any EV credit changes.

Open Reddit and see others get VINs.

Feel Sad.

Open Tesla Motors Club Forum - read everyone's updates, respond and lighten myself.

Eat.

Sleep.

Repeat.

:rolleyes:

I have been having Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde as my associates. One talks like he really wants me to buy the car while the other talks like he wants to donate a Tesla car to me 🤷‍♂️

My Tesla rep comes across as a jerk, but that's only because he tells me things I don't want to hear such as "you have to pay to play the game" and "I don't have any information you can't see on your end"...but, he's right. :)

My Tesla rep comes across as a jerk, but that's only because he tells me things I don't want to hear such as "you have to pay to play the game" and "I don't have any information you can't see on your end"...but, he's right. :)
Mr Hyde talks like “ we will need you to reschedule to this time and date”, “ Nobody expects you to be anywhere on a dictated schedule, we simply moved the timeline based on an updated delivery timeline” and Dr Jekyl comes in immediately to say “I understand it’s upsetting that things changed” and ends with “As always, please let us know if we may offer any additional support ⚡

Uh yeah how about I need therapy 😀

Mr Hyde talks like “ we will need you to reschedule to this time and date”, “ Nobody expects you to be anywhere on a dictated schedule, we simply moved the timeline based on an updated delivery timeline” and Dr Jekyl comes in immediately to say “I understand it’s upsetting that things changed” and ends with “As always, please let us know if we may offer any additional support ⚡

Uh yeah how about I need therapy 😀
Thank goodness he didn’t add “ Have a good day”

• Funny
Reactions: erktrek
Just received a text message from a tesla representative stating that she will be my advisor going forward and will call me shortly. Is this standard practice ahead of delivery day selection?
I believe some of these practices depend on your service/delivery center.

My experience was:
* Time to schedule delivery email from Tesla
* Set up appointment in the app
* Three days before pick up the delivery center called to confirm pick up - they told me when my car was arriving and said they would text me if they could get the car ready to go prior to my scheduled appointment (I live 15 min from my delivery center so I can be flexible).

Picking up tomorrow 3/17.

Like someone quoted, this is my situation as well 🤪;

Wake up - open Tesla App and see the same EDD or worse a pushed-out EDD.

Click Manage - go to Tesla website and see the same EDD with no VIN showing up. Hit Control U to search for VIN in the source code, but to no avail.

See lots of accelerated delivery vehicles, which by no means match my configuration, and which are at least 2K more.

Force close Tesla App.

Open IRS website to check for any EV credit changes.

Open Reddit and see others get VINs.

Feel Sad.

Open Tesla Motors Club Forum - read everyone's updates, respond and lighten myself.

Eat.

Sleep.

Repeat.

:rolleyes:
That's the negative aspect of the federal tax credit being so uncertain and on a time limit on top of all the fixations on inspecting the car for potential issues ☹️

My relative who ordered his MYP in 2022 placed the order, forgot about it, and then got the car 3 months later so his customer/delivery experience was excellent. For his delivery, he just went to the Tesla location, looked at the car for like 15-20 mins, and then drove off with it.

New Tesla forum member and budding Tesla owner here. Wifey currently has a 2017 Honda Accord EX-L with 65k miles on it and we finally got around to test driving both the M3 (they only had the M3 RWD to test drive) and the MY LR this past weekend. She decided she wanted the MY - which actually surprised me a bit as she had always preferred the looks of the M3 previously - but after driving both and seeing a MY LR in MSM with the 19" black wheels - she came around to the MY.

So long story short I've been watching the existing inventory like a hawk since Monday, and a MY LR MSM/19 popped up in DC area (we are in Delaware) and I grabbed it up. Currently delivery ETA is 3/24-3/31. Hoping it stays in March as it's my current understanding that the regs for the $7500 federal tax credit may change starting 4/1? We had to keep the out the door price under 60k as the DE state rebate tops out right at 60k, otherwise we would have considered a MYP model.

Had a bit of a debacle on the Financing part in the app so far - and I'm a bit surprised that there's no online documentation available from Tesla on how the app actually works (like what certain buttons actually do - what decisions are you making when choosing certain options - I'm a technology sales engineer/success manager so things like this matter to me LOL) - but we're making our way through the process. Tesla came in kinda low on the trade-in value for her Honda Accord - but I'm getting the impression this is kinda common with non-Tesla brand trades. I've already got estimates from Carvana and Carmax that are 2k higher so I'll likely just sell her car to one of those two outfits.

Happy to be joining this board and looking forward to learning more about Tesla moving forward! I'm a long time stockholder so I track Tesla pretty closely - but this is our first foray into actual product ownership.

I'm still driving an ICE RAM 1500 hemi pickup myself - but I work from home full time so we don't use the truck much as a result. I've got a CT on order since it was announced (like many on here I'm sure), so am waiting patiently on the CT to come to market hopefully later this year. I'm sure I won't have a delivery date on any CT until sometime in 2024 or 2025 - which is just fine by me.
Are you sure the one you test drove was 19" wheels? The 19s are bright silver without the covers on and the covers are mostly bright silver also with a few grey accents. If the car had black wheels it was likely the 20" rims. Just a heads up so you aren't surprised when you go to pick up your car with the 19s. Of course there are lots of dark gemini covers you can buy online.

19 with covers...
Capture.JPG

19s without covers...
Capture2.JPG

20s
Capture1.JPG

Well actually he is lying through his teeth as he does have a lot more info on his system than we see in the app.

Well actually he is lying through his teeth as he does have a lot more info on his system than we see in the app.
I totally agree... one of the 888 reps that I'd called was able to give me so many details like "this is your soft delivery date for now, which can obviously change", "we're looking at a VIN assignment period between such and such date", "these vehicles are coming over in case you wanna match" etc. Another moron I spoke to on Monday just kept blatantly saying "we see what you see in your app", to which I asked him what's the point of calling the customer care number after a 1 hour wait then?. He said "if there's anything you need clarification on".... I told him "but you're not clarifying anything, you're just saying exactly what I see on my app". He was like "that's the info we see as well". I knew it wasn't getting anywhere. I bid him a good rest of the day and hung up.

Reactions: James2023y

As someone else just mentioned, MY comes default with 19 inch Gemini wheels that have silver wheel covers. If you want black, you need to either order non-Tesla black wheel covers + switch out the default wheel caps with those, plastidip the Tesla wheel covers black, or get the 20 inch induction wheels (it comes with black wheel covers that are a different style).