Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking in the current inventory on waitingfortesla I see no cars with White interiors, 5 seat, LR, they're all 7 seaters or MYAWD. So, when I see people with OD's from mid to early January asking if anyone has received VIN, I have accepted the fate that I'm going to get my tesla in April only because my OD is 1/30 😅.
At least your EDD range is still showing early Apr-May...

Got my delivery scheduling text from Tesla late afternoon today to schedule for either 3/28 or 3/29 next week. Came sooner than I had expected really. Scheduled for 3/28 at 4:00 PM next week. Subject to change of course as the scheduling confirmation clearly indicates. Fingers crossed that it sticks! 😎

Now I have to finalize the Wall Charger install hopefully for early next week. Not required right away as we have several Superchargers nearby at a few Wawa locations that aren’t heavily utilized yet, but want to be able to charge at home sooner rather than later of course.
Wooo congrats fellow Delawarean!! Are you picking up in Cherry Hill or Devon?

Anyone with a OD past 1/22 get a vin assigned?

Tried to call Tesla to see if they would price match on a demo car and they would not allow it on any existing inventory vehicle Car was gone before I could get in touch with someone else…😞
I ordered on 1/23 but it was around 9 pm so effectively 1/24. Got my VIN on 3/9. I ordered MYLR Black/Black so color might have something to do with it

I ordered on 1/23 but it was around 9 pm so effectively 1/24. Got my VIN on 3/9. I ordered MYLR Black/Black so color might have something to do with it
Just no rhyme or reason. My OD is 1/29. It was at night as well so effectively 1/30. Still no VIN and just 6 days later. Granted I have a Blue/Black config with no upgrades and seems like that is not in high demand so Tesla is not pumping them out.

Still holding out hope that a VIN or my EDD moves up a little bit in the next week.

Looking in the current inventory on waitingfortesla I see no cars with White interiors, 5 seat, LR, they're all 7 seaters or MYAWD. So, when I see people with OD's from mid to early January asking if anyone has received VIN, I have accepted the fate that I'm going to get my tesla in April only because my OD is 1/30 😅.
Same here, and HOPEFUL for April and not May.

Reactions: erktrek
Seems like a lot of Texas orders are in the same situation. MY OD was on 1/22, received a text to expect a VIN in 1-2 weeks on 2/28, still no VIN. MY EDD updated on 3/22 to 3/26-3/31. I sent a text to the SA's asking for any information on the deliveries in Texas and got a response but nothing I didn't already know.
This past week there were quite a few MYLR available in TX based on waitingfortesla. Very odd y’all haven’t gotten a vin yet.

PSA:

I forgot about this until I got a text from my SA just now. Tesla's loan application expires after 60 days. So for anyone that will be taking delivery past that time (I missed it by a day since I'll be picking up tomorrow and can't make it work today), Tesla will perform another hard credit score check and the APR will update to whatever Tesla is offering at that time (5.59% in place of 5.34% in my case).

So for anyone that is nearing or past the 60 day mark for their loan application, just a heads up that Tesla will run another credit check and increase the loan rate. And I highly suggest looking into refinancing with FCUs if you haven't already (I locked in 4.5% APR until June with mine)

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow evening and not expected to be ready on Saturday. So, I’ll be doing the same thing on Sunday!

Figure I can get the exterior inspection (mostly) out of the way and speed up my pickup on Monday.
Im picking mine up tomorrow!! I can not fricken wait! I got a text from the SA on Monday that the arrival of the cars to the Loveland location were running late but felt confident in keeping my same appointment and told me they would let me know if anything changed. I haven't heard anything and am leaving Wyoming at 9 tomorrow morning to pick it up! What color did you order?

Yes - that's normal. Those cameras don't have RGB sensors. Instead, they have GGGR sensors that are optimized for object detection and night vision. Software is used to simulate colors that the human eye sees, but it can't can't accurately reproduce colors that it cannot detect.

Yes - my brother-in-law. We both live in TX. He ordered on 1/15. I ordered on 1/20. We currently have the same EDD which is the last week of March, but no VINs.

Anyone with a 1/15 OD and no vin?
Are there anybody has similar situation like me in the BayArea San Jose?
OD:1/14 but no VIN yet.
MYLR White/Black/5seater add tow hitch.
EDD:3/24~3/31.

From the IRS website, the $7500 rebate has been extended to 2032 according to "The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022". But Tesla's website still shows March 31st. I'm not sure what is going to change in Tesla.

From the IRS website, the $7500 rebate has been extended to 2032 according to "The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022". But Tesla's website still shows March 31st. I'm not sure what is going to change in Tesla.

Long story short it's because the IRS/Treasury owe specific regs by the end of this month regarding battery component sourcing and assembly that haven't been published yet. Dependent upon where the battery materials are sourced and where the batteries are assembled - the full $7500 will not apply to the vehicle in question. We won't know for sure how this will impact Tesla (or any other BEV) until the new rules are actually published - evidently due sometime next week according to various articles. The rumor is that the only Tesla vehicle that will be negatively impacted is the M3 SR model - because the FRP batteries are sourced and built in China today. The M3 LR and all MY's evidently won't be impacted - but again until the rules are published - it's really anyone's guess. There's a whole thread on this topic here on this forum if you want to better understand the details on what is going to change soon: