Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats to both of you but especially your sister for finally escaping fulfillment limbo..

Be sure to pour a cold one out for those of us who remain. 🍻
My other sister waited some 8 months to get hers and it took one month for mine. So, my sister and brother-in-law didn’t really know what to expect, so there wasn’t any kind of issue with waiting.

Between my sisters and myself, we have three Model Ys. Now to convince my brothers.

Reactions: erktrek and geekfam
PSE&G - yeah I think there may be something but haven't looked into it. NJ doesn't like Tesla chargers but I do have a Nema 14-50 (Hubbell) outlet in a box where I could get a non-tesla charger if the price was right.. 🤔
PSE&G EV Program

EDIT: To anyone else reading this - it looks like it's 100% worth what PSE&G is offering.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: erktrek
MYawd(poverty edition 😂), White/black/19"/5 seat/hitch, Ohio (NE) pickup_ OD: 2/11_Original EDD: Feb-March vin: 2/13 am PA073 Updated EDD 1 (2/13 pm): 2/23-3/23 EDD 2 (2/22 am): BLANK EDD 3(3/11 am): 3/22-3/31
EDD4 (3/23am) 3/26-3/31 schedule pickup text 5:19pm

Pickup 3/28 @230p Lyndhurst oh.
Everything went smoothly, was "able" to look at the car before handing over the check, because of course I would want to look at a thing I'm dropping 60k on before payment. No egregious gaps, good thunks on every door. Closest thing I had to an issue was dust and prints all over, no biggie.

Everything was great for the first 200miles as I was driving home, and then, for no discernable reason the wipers wouldn't stop running while in autopilot or basic cruise control. I'm not talking a swipe every few minutes, but roughly level 3 frequency.

Tried exiting AP and reengaging it.
Tried parking/exiting/walking away from car until it locked.
Tried the screen "reset" where you press both steering wheel buttons.
And just for shiggles I tried turning on/off autowiper mode while not in AP/Cruise and got the same constantly running wipers problem...
Any tips would be greatly appreciated if I'm somehow missing something obvious that doesn't require a service request.

Reactions: zroger73
MYawd(poverty edition 😂), White/black/19"/5 seat/hitch, Ohio (NE) pickup_ OD: 2/11_Original EDD: Feb-March vin: 2/13 am PA073 Updated EDD 1 (2/13 pm): 2/23-3/23 EDD 2 (2/22 am): BLANK EDD 3(3/11 am): 3/22-3/31

Everything went smoothly, was "able" to look at the car before handing over the check, because of course I would want to look at a thing I'm dropping 60k on before payment. No egregious gaps, good thunks on every door. Closest thing I had to an issue was dust and prints all over, no biggie.

Everything was great for the first 200miles as I was driving home, and then, for no discernable reason the wipers wouldn't stop running while in autopilot or basic cruise control. I'm not talking a swipe every few minutes, but roughly level 3 frequency.

And just for shiggles I tried turning on/off autowiper mode while not in AP/Cruise and got the same constantly running wipers problem...
Any tips would be greatly appreciated if I'm somehow missing something obvious that doesn't require a service request.
If you search on the term "wipers" you will find that you are far from alone. I stopped counting at about 30 hits. My experience is that auto wipers works great sometimes, and horribly at other times. Its a "feature". lol

• Funny
Reactions: BailMY

Oof this seems like a common complaint.. not sure there is a fix. Maybe clean your cameras?

From Tesla website:

Cleaning a Camera​

To ensure a clear picture, the camera lens must be clean and free of obstructions. Remove any build-up of dirt or debris by spraying water onto the camera lens with a spray bottle.
CAUTION
Do not attempt to remove dirt or debris by wiping an exposed lens with your hands or a cloth. This debris can damage the surface of the lens when rubbed against it during wiping.
CAUTION
Do not use chemical-based or abrasive cleaners. Doing so can damage the surface of the lens.

• Informative
Reactions: BailMY
Good News! I have now taken delivery of a brand new Tesla Charger and have just had it installed by my electrician! Only ?2? months too early and it's basically useless at the moment...

sigh,

😖
I am sure you know this, you will get a $1500 rebate if you are a customer of PSEG in NJ.

Oh man that sucks - in our little NJ town Teslas are everywhere definitely higher than the average so no hate here... I wonder if Idaho being into fracking might have something to do with it.

Hard to tell who's hating on Tesla this week - The Roll Coalers or Elon Haters seems to span the political spectrum too. Sad that the most purely American auto manufacturing company gets so much negative attention.

edit: Of course NJ has a ton of refineries etc.. so 🤷‍♂️
$2K discount + No sales tax (~$3.5K) + Charger installation rebate ($1.5K). No wonder Teslas are everywhere in NJ.

Clean the windshield area that is in front of the cameras.

Oh man that sucks - in our little NJ town Teslas are everywhere definitely higher than the average so no hate here... I wonder if Idaho being into fracking might have something to do with it.

Hard to tell who's hating on Tesla this week - The Roll Coalers or Elon Haters seems to span the political spectrum too. Sad that the most purely American auto manufacturing company gets so much negative attention.

edit: Of course NJ has a ton of refineries etc.. so 🤷‍♂️
$2K discount + No sales tax (~$3.5K) + Charger installation rebate ($1.5K). No wonder Teslas are everywhere in NJ.
Even so, I'm very wary when driving my Tesla to the worse parts of NJ especially when I need to park and leave the car. All it takes is 1 lunatic or robber to cause you a massive headache/inconvenience.

My prior car is an old used early-2000s sedan so obviously nobody gave me trouble when driving that 🤷‍♀️

Anyone take delivery of a 2023 Model Y Performance and love or hate the ride quality? I’m now about to update my January 19th order to a performance and looking for pros or cons
I've had my P for one week and absolutely love how its smooth acceleration and handling. I love feeling the road as opposed to the lumbering, bouncy ride of my previous vehicle, a 2013 Honda Pilot. The roads that I drive in Arizona are very well maintained. Therefore, the wheel/tire setup and suspension don't adversely affect my P's ride quality and noise. However, I do have to really slow down for speed bumps and dips in the road.

I started with the LR and ended up getting the P. I would probably be more that happy with either. For me, the P offers more pizazz for what I consider to be a VERY fair upcharge. I accept that I'll have to pay more for tires and take a hit in mileage.

Lastly, the Uberturbine wheels are absolutely stunning. The day before I changed my order, I pulled up next to a P, and was won over.

Last edited:
Even so, I'm very wary when driving my Tesla to the worse parts of NJ especially when I need to park and leave the car. All it takes is 1 lunatic or robber to cause you a massive headache/inconvenience.

My prior car is an old used early-2000s sedan so obviously nobody gave me trouble when driving that 🤷‍♀️
Yeah but that's probably true of any fancy new car and not Teslas in general. I've not really seen any hostility toward EVs in particular but maybe in more economically depressed areas where there is Oil Industry related work dunno.

Reactions: imgcs and rr_92
I've had my P for one week and absolutely love how its smooth acceleration and handling. I love feeling the road as opposed to the lumbering, bouncy ride of my previous vehicle, a 2013 Honda Pilot. The roads that I drive in Arizona are very well maintained. Therefore, the wheel/tire setup and suspension don't adversely affect my P's ride quality and noise. However, I do have to really slow down for speed bumps and dips in the road.

I started with the LR and ended up getting the P. I would probably be more that happy with either. For me, the P offers more pizazz for what I consider to be a VERY fair upcharge. I accept that I'll have to pay more for tires and take a hit in mileage.

Lastly, the Uberturbine wheels are absolutely stunning. The day before I changed my order, I pulled up next to a P, and was won over.
I appreciate this! I switched and ordered the Performance model! I did some research and tires weren’t that much more expensive. Maybe $200 more total.
I agree with all that you said on looks and I don’t know why I didn’t order the way I wanted to at the very beginning. It is what it is and I’m glad I got it switched.