Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love Mister Musk. He is one of my favorite people. He is a very smart man and makes very neat battery-powered people movers. I love how he makes cars that make fart sounds. Very useful! I am very thankful for the good things that Mister Musk has done for our lovely planet.

[@zroger73 returns to the corner of the dark room and resumes feverishly swiping the screen on his smartphone in a fetal position waiting for a VIN with bloodshot eyes and drool running down his cheek while continuously humming the happy birthday song off-key]
Mr. Z, I hope there is someone nearby keeping an eye out for you. Perhaps you and your bother-in-law can go play golf or some other activity that provides another source of frustration. (Just kidding of course).

I keep an eye on this thread hoping to read good news from some of my favorites on this forum.

MYLR 5S White/Black 19. No add on

OD - 1/26 (1/27 on record)

EDD1 - Jan-Mar
EDD2 2/2 - Mar17 - Mar 31
EDD 2/14 - Mar 27 -Mar 31
EDD 2/28 - Apr - 16 May 22
EDD 3/22 - Apr 1 - Apr 15
VIN assigned - 3/29/2023 around 8 p.m. PT (PA Austin build)
EDD 3/29 - Apr 10 - Apr 17

4/3 noon - Got call from local delivery center to verify the details. Vehicle is expected to be delivered to local delivery center on 4/6 and I requested for home delivery. SA said 25 miles radius for home delivery and mine is 28. But SA said it should be OK and agreed for home delivery, most likely 1-2 days (4/7-4/8) once vehicle arrived to local delivery center.

Location - LA County, CA

Kind of in disbelief...but just got my VIN assigned within the last hour or so.

MYLR5 | White/White | 20" | Delaware
OD: 3/14
EDD: 3/22 - Apr 8 - May 6
VIN Assigned 4/3; updated EDD April 17- April 25

Edit - coming from Fremont according to the VIN
puruttya-fuhhh.gif

Those darn 20" wheels again!!! Man that's awesome though.

Kind of in disbelief...but just got my VIN assigned within the last hour or so.

MYLR5 | White/White | 20" | Delaware
OD: 3/14
EDD: 3/22 - Apr 8 - May 6
VIN Assigned 4/3; updated EDD April 17- April 25

Edit - coming from Fremont according to the VIN

same here... i got vin assigned 4/3 with same EDD range ( Fremont build MYLR5, white, black 20'')
Now going to deliver MYLR with 20s? Cannot say they have no 19s. All the MYAWD are coming with them.

Reactions: Dr.O and erktrek
HI our model y delivered 2 weeks back everything good till now. But today suddenly the steering wheel got struck after we reach somewhere. We can not take the car back home with us. Today evg when we go and check the car worked but steering wheel is not smooth. It is drivable but it's moving like tuk tuk kind of like vibration. We r scared to take it anywhere what will happen if something in the middle. Anyone has any experience kind of like this? What is the solution

HI our model y delivered 2 weeks back everything good till now. But today suddenly the steering wheel got struck after we reach somewhere. We can not take the car back home with us. Today evg when we go and check the car worked but steering wheel is not smooth. It is drivable but it's moving like tuk tuk kind of like vibration. We r scared to take it anywhere what will happen if something in the middle. Anyone has any experience kind of like this? What is the solution
Call Tesla roadside assistance. That's what it's for. They'll advise whether you should drive it into the SC or they should tow it.

• Helpful
Reactions: rr_92 and erktrek
MYLR 5S White/Black 19. No add on

OD - 1/26 (1/27 on record)

EDD1 - Jan-Mar
EDD2 2/2 - Mar17 - Mar 31
EDD 2/14 - Mar 27 -Mar 31
EDD 2/28 - Apr - 16 May 22
EDD 3/22 - Apr 1 - Apr 15
VIN assigned - 3/29/2023 around 8 p.m. PT (PA Austin build)
EDD 3/29 - Apr 10 - Apr 17

4/3 noon - Got call from local delivery center to verify the details. Vehicle is expected to be delivered to local delivery center on 4/6 and I requested for home delivery. SA said 25 miles radius for home delivery and mine is 28. But SA said it should be OK and agreed for home delivery, most likely 1-2 days (4/7-4/8) once vehicle arrived to local delivery center.

Location - LA County, CA
Is there a rule regarding home delivery for Tesla company-wide? Like if anyone's home address is further than 25 miles from the pickup location you can opt for home delivery?

Is there a rule regarding home delivery for Tesla company-wide? Like if anyone's home address is further than 25 miles from the pickup location you can opt for home delivery?

I am 33 miles from the nearest Tesla delivery location (service center). I must pick the vehicle up in person - they won't bring it to me.

If the closest delivery location was more than 220 miles away, I could pay an extra $750 for home delivery.

Reactions: starise and erktrek
I believe there is a recall on steering. Please check.

Reactions: erktrek