Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are plenty us in NJ who have not gotten VINs while having ODs in late Jan. Some folks may have switched their orders to speed up the process.

Our Accelerated Delivery page has offered 2 different MYLRs this morning - a white one with otherwise same config as ours incl. tow for $5600 more (NOT going to happen) and now a MSM MYLR with no tow but 1108 miles and 20" wheels for $600 more (also NOT going to happen). At least these offerings are more in line with our desired config than the 7 Seaters MYAWD they kept trying to push 2 weeks ago
I told the SA that I was not interested in the MYAWD. I could have had my pick last week in my color combo.

I
There are plenty us in NJ who have not gotten VINs while having ODs in late Jan. Some folks may have switched their orders to speed up the process.

Our Accelerated Delivery page has offered 2 different MYLRs this morning - a white one with otherwise same config as ours incl. tow for $5600 more (NOT going to happen) and now a MSM MYLR with no tow but 1108 miles and 20" wheels for $600 more (also NOT going to happen). At least these offerings are more in line with our desired config than the 7 Seater MYAWD they kept trying to push 2 weeks ago
I saw those cars as well. Said the same thing! I see they may be gone now. So many desperate people (I am one of them now!). LOL

I

I saw those cars as well. Said the same thing! I see they may be gone now. So many desperate people (I am one of them now!). LOL
The MSM one I think has been a demo unit at Cherry Hill SC for a while and we might actually have driven it. Weird that it keeps popping in and out of Accelerated Delivery. Maybe it keeps getting rejected.. dunno.

edit: the MSM vehicle we test drove seemed nice but we didn't really go over it all that carefully.

Reactions: Skunis
I think my brother-in-law went somewhere around a week and a half to two weeks with an EDD window that kept moving forward one day every day. Eventually, it widened and moved out dramatically and now it's back to a closer, but sliding 10-day window. :D
Yes I had a very similar experience. Mine started back in February, then widened, and then shrunk down to the 5 day window with nothing.

• Informative
Reactions: zroger73
For what it's worth, I have waited the longest in 2023 according to the Teslike Model Y Survey. Based on those that reported back on VIN of course. I hope for all of you still waiting, this achievement stays with me. It's not a cool scar to show.
Hold my beer... I'm only 3 days behind you at the point you got your VIN... We'll see what happens, my date range is currently Apr 9-May 7

So, my worst nightmare may be coming true. Toyota has reached out that they have a RAV4H that we may want (it is not coming in for a month though which makes this decision even harder). The sales guy is not too bright. Texting me they have a unit and do we want it. I asked what it is and he says "RAV 4". No duh! That is what we want but what is the trim level, color, options/packages, etc. Been around 5 minutes and no response yet.

I am a truthful guy so told my wife but we cannot get to the dealer until Saturday to look at it and test drive it. I also need to set up financing. I refuse to use the dealer. They charge like 3-4% more than a credit union. So, that will take me a few days to set up as well.

Price would be about the same for both cars (Tesla is more but with State and Fed rebates it brings it down to just about the same price after our trade in.)

Man, I really want the MY but I am not the only one that makes that decision. If Tesla just helped me out and got the car to me sooner.
Can't you work it with the credit union so the financing is a preapproval kind of deal that can be used for any vehicle? I used to do that when I was going car shopping and wasn't sure what car I wanted to buy. Once I found the car, I'd contact them and finish the deal. If the dealer could beat the rate I'd found, I'd let them finance it.

Also, when I've used dealer financing, unless it's a discounted deal from the manufacturer's financing arm, it often turns out to come from a local credit union, anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: Skunis and erktrek
Congratulations. I guess all January orders will get fulfilled within 10-15 days. You can get car details by VIN using below URL

Welcome to VIN Decoding :: provided by vPIC
🤔 - Sadly I do not share in your optimistic prediction BUT if true would then expect Tesla to schedule our delivery at the most inconvenient time like over Easter vacation and then be hostile to extending because hey, good customer service is for weenies! ;) 🌭

I'd like to tour Giga Austin sometime - it's about a 4.5-hour drive from me. Several years ago, I drove twice that long to tour a Honda plant in Alabama. I believe GA is about twice the size of Honda's AAP, which is already nearly unfathomable.

If effortless, smooth, and quiet acceleration is important to her, the RAV4H is not the answer - it's buzzy and not particularly fast when you smash the right pedal. It's a very sensible and efficient vehicle, though. Personally, I'm annoyed by gasoline engines in hybrids starting and stopping all the time - and I don't like the idea of having to maintain batteries and engine oil - I'd rather have an ICE-powered vehicle or an EV - not both in the same package.
I wholeheartedly agrree.

We've owned four Prius vehicles. They are very complex and still require maintenance associated with ICE vehicles, with the exception of brakes which we never replaced. However, two of our Prius' batteries failed at under 90K miles just a month after the warranty period expired. The cost to replace the battery was over $4K each. Toyota corporate agreed to pay half the cost.

My friend purchased a new base Camry hybrid last year. I don't know how that rides in comparison to the RAV4H, but I could still hear the engine struggling under acceleration -- reminds me of a sewing machine.

I personally would not buy another hybrid. I'm hoping that Tesla releases a new sub $30K model in 2024.

So, my worst nightmare may be coming true. Toyota has reached out that they have a RAV4H that we may want (it is not coming in for a month though which makes this decision even harder). The sales guy is not too bright. Texting me they have a unit and do we want it. I asked what it is and he says "RAV 4". No duh! That is what we want but what is the trim level, color, options/packages, etc. Been around 5 minutes and no response yet.

I am a truthful guy so told my wife but we cannot get to the dealer until Saturday to look at it and test drive it. I also need to set up financing. I refuse to use the dealer. They charge like 3-4% more than a credit union. So, that will take me a few days to set up as well.

Price would be about the same for both cars (Tesla is more but with State and Fed rebates it brings it down to just about the same price after our trade in.)

Man, I really want the MY but I am not the only one that makes that decision. If Tesla just helped me out and got the car to me sooner.
I mean, it sounds like you're not really wanting the RAV 4 (which I understand). I would have a convo and just lay it all out there. There's no point in buying something that you don't really like just for the sake of buying it (unless there's more to the story I don't know). Maybe lease it?

Reactions: erktrek
Has she test driven the Model Y? If not, she really should. People don't realize how much the quality of the rear camera view makes
We have not even test drove the RAV4H. They didn't have one on the lot to test drive. They are all sold before they get to the dealer. When your car comes in you have 3 days to come in and test drive it and if you do not like it you get your deposit back (I am sure they have a long waiting list).

What my wife did not like was the rear view using the mirror. The window is small and the view is small compared to other cars we have had. I tried to explain that she will mainly use the camera as the screen is huge and just the rear and side view mirrors to double check. She is also a little hesitant about all the technology and setting up everything. I have told her it is set it and forget it. The app and car remember who you are and your settings stay. If you decide you want to change the settings it will automatically save.

I am trying my best to allay any of her concerns.
I always wondered why Tesla doesn’t have a digital rear view mirror (get the feed from rear view camera), I tried to answer the same way to my wife when we test drove a MY, the rear view is very limited, rear view camera can help during reversing, but when you want to check the rear during a highway drive, the view doesn’t give confidence for everyone.

Having said that MY ticks most of the boxes for us, so no regrets.

I mean, it sounds like you're not really wanting the RAV 4 (which I understand). I would have a convo and just lay it all out there. There's no point in buying something that you don't really like just for the sake of buying it (unless there's more to the story I don't know). Maybe lease it?
Well, I want the MY more than the RAV4H. My wife has not driven the RAV4H but has reservations after driving the MY (view through rear window and all the tech). I have discussed with her how the vehicle is set it an forget it with the profiles, etc. and voice control so you do not have to really touch the screen much (I barely touch it).

We shall see. Hopefully, Tesla steps up and the MY comes in first.

Reactions: LetsGoElectric