Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering our other similarities, I shouldn't be surprised that our delivery dates are the same as well.

Unfortunately, I've got farther to travel - I'm still not sure how I'm going to transport myself 120 miles to Dallas on Wednesday afternoon. Plane ticket is $500, Uber is over half that, bus ticket is only $30, but arrives 35 minutes after the latest appointment time. I'm going to see if my brother can take off Wednesday afternoon. If that fails, I might have to resort to asking for a ride on social media. :)
Pretty similar experience for sure! Yeah that's a tough one, I'm lucky the delivery location is a 20 minute drive from my house. I would probably say the one way car rental is probably your best bet unless you can find a ride from family or friends. Good luck to you!

Reactions: erktrek
Considering our other similarities, I shouldn't be surprised that our delivery dates are the same as well.

Unfortunately, I've got farther to travel - I'm still not sure how I'm going to transport myself 120 miles to Dallas on Wednesday afternoon. Plane ticket is $500, Uber is over half that, bus ticket is only $30, but arrives 35 minutes after the latest appointment time. I'm going to see if my brother can take off Wednesday afternoon. If that fails, I might have to resort to asking for a ride on social media. :)
Look at southwest. Direct flights usually $200

• Informative

If you were close I would take you. I am sure something will work out.

Reactions: zroger73
Update- We took delivery yesterday at a SC instead of the sales location. Fairly easy and painless experience. I checked and double checked the facvtory assembly. No problems could be found in my Autstin build. When we arrived car was on charger and at 100%.. Came with cargo cover and J1772 along with a front license plate holder. I was under the impression these cars did not come with floor mats. This one did.

She drives like a dream. My wife had problems with 1 pedal driving, so I have the car temorarily set to coast mode. Nor sure if I can set that between drivers because I like the idea of regen. After 50 miles driving we were still at 89% charge. The thing that sold my wife was the light show lol.

I iimmediately removed the silver wheel cover and added the black ones along with aftermarket floor mats. Still a few accessories to add yet, but no hurry, although I did want to get the screen protector on fairly quickly.

I tried out the Autel for the first time as a dumb charger and it did the 48 amps taking no more than 10 minutes to significantly add to. Using the adapter wasn't a big deal for me. I like that I can get something CSS later and charge both with this.

So far I love this car! I will try to show a pic of the 19" wheels with the black wheel covers. ASs much of a pain as it was to wait I'm glad I did. Hang in there guys, your cars are coming!
The black wheel covers look way better than I would have guessed! Congrats on your delivery!

Reactions: starise and erktrek
Those black wheel covers look great!! Shame on you for forcing me to look into this.. 🤣
It's actually very easy to replace the wheel covers. Just takes some time and patience. You can even clean your rims after removing the OEM wheel covers. That being said, certain wheel covers can slightly effect efficiency so I'd recommend doing some research on the wheel covers you plan on buying.

Found a random sped-up/short YouTube video that shows the process for 1 wheel:

You can find some 10-20+ minute installation videos of people explaining/showing the entire process which was definitely helpful for me.

• Informative
Reactions: starise and erktrek

I think you should cancel this... let it go and wait for your showing up at Tyler... this is just way to much work for a couple days sooner..

Just saying ..:p

beewang

• Funny
Reactions: zroger73
If your MY order was less than $55k and you are purchasing in NJ, the $2k should automatically be taken off when looking at the final price breakdown (it will show something like "NJ state rebate").

The charger tax credit is different from the one mentioned. In NJ, you can get either a $4k state incentive for EV purchase under $45k or $2k for EV purchase between $45k and $55k.
It was; I got excited before checking my order.

Reactions: rr_92
If your MY order was less than $55k and you are purchasing in NJ, the $2k should automatically be taken off when looking at the final price breakdown (it will show something like "NJ state rebate").

My Order Agreement does not have the discount because initially our order exceeded 55K thanks to the tow hitch. Only the lower price is reflected in the order so we will have to change it at time of pickup. Don't really want to mess with things before that though...

Reactions: Skunis
There's an exact match for my brother-in-law's build in Plano. I tried calling, texting, and emailing him in case he wanted to do what I did, but he's in church and it'll probably be gone by the time he gets the memo.
As expected, he missed the one in Plano, but claimed another one in Houston this morning (at one point yesterday, there were three exact matches in Texas inventory, yet no sign of one being assigned to him. I still don't understand why we had to find our own Teslas since there doesn't seem to be any advantage for Tesla - it only adds to the frustration. The only thing I can think of is that there are too few vehicles delivered to Tyler to justify the expense, so there is more time between deliveries and that's why our builds kept showing up in bigger cities. There are only 305 Teslas registered In Smith County where Tyler, Texas is located. This is a very small market. By comparison, there are 66,802 EVs in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. :)

I added insurance this morning. Monday when my credit union opens, I'll move funds into an account so I can make payment. My brother will be driving me to Dallas on Wednesday afternoon. My brother-in-law is hoping for a Friday delivery date, which is more convenient since my brother will be driving him to Houston. I installed their Wall Connector this afternoon, but couldn't find the correct 60-amp breaker in town, so my brother will pick one up at an electrical supply house tomorrow so I can finish the job.

My Order Agreement does not have the discount because initially our order exceeded 55K thanks to the tow hitch. Only the lower price is reflected in the order so we will have to change it at time of pickup. Don't really want to mess with things before that though...
Is your adjusted order (due to price decreases) now below $55k even with the tow hitch? If so, then I would recommend contacting the SA to see if they can discount the $2k NJ State rebate from your current order total.

If not, then obviously your choice if you want to modify your current order's configurations to be less than $55k cause it could affect your delivery estimate.

It doesn’t show in the order agreement. You should see it on the website under completed items and then show details under the registration information. There it will break down your costs including the Nj registration fees and the nj rebate.

• Helpful