Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd be very careful... These mofos wanted me to pick up my car... In fact almost insisting on me picking up on Monday or Tuesday instead of my schedule Wednesday.

Told them there's no F way as I was out of town.
Had I picked it up early as per there request, that would have been a $3,000 mistake... 😜

Just saying..

beewang
Ha. I got a text message this morning from SA that my car has arrived, and I can pick it up early. I am going to wait until my actual scheduled delivery date to be on the safe side. Tesla price change is worse than my wife's mood swing.

That's the only bummer about getting a delivery scheduled. No reason to check the app any more haha now what?
My wife and I have joked about that! “What are we going to do after we take delivery and don’t have to check the app every few minutes in anticipation!”? Maybe start looking for a used M3P to auto cross apparently wasn’t the right answer! 🤣

Tomorrow is my brother-in-law's big day! The delay caused by the shipping error saved him $3,000 - that lucky rascal! I'm mad because I'm the one who prompted him to order in January after learning about the price cut and tax credit. He ordered a week before I did, but I sure paid the price to get mine a couple of weeks earlier! :)
A tornado and hail storm came through Tyler, Texas this evening where my BIL's Tesla is awaiting delivery tomorrow morning. I certainly hope his Model Y was spared! If not, that would add even more drama to his story!

A tornado and hail storm came through Tyler, Texas this evening where my BIL's Tesla is awaiting delivery tomorrow morning. I certainly hope his Model Y was spared! If not, that would add even more drama to his story!
Wow, what unfortunate luck. Excluding the tornado, I've been wondering how Tesla holds up with hail storms. Wonder if the glass gets chipped or scratched very easily in those weather conditions.

I live in NJ so I'll probably find out when winter comes. Since owning the MY, I've only had maybe 1 experience where it snowed a reasonable amount and everything was fine.

Wow, what unfortunate luck. Excluding the tornado, I've been wondering how Tesla holds up with hail storms. Wonder if the glass gets chipped or scratched very easily in those weather conditions.
That thought crossed my mind. In a few decades of driving, I've only had two vehicles with minor hail damage - one over 20 years ago and the other a couple of weeks ago.

I suspect the Model Y's glass roof would hold up fine - unlike the traditional steel body panels - at least until the hail got so large (golf ball size or greater) that the tempered glass shattered into thousands of tiny pieces.

OD 1/27 delivered! Austin built MYLR5 was solid. Still sort of beside myself…

Glass and panel alignment all very good, nothing really noticeable after going through the checklist.

Just saw 2 minor scratches I couldn’t get out with the thumb and they brought it to the back. Fixed one less than 10 minutes, but had to point out the other wasn’t fixed so another guy got on it asap and came back looking great within 5 minutes.

294F0A27-729A-485F-BFF5-75A4535683B4.jpeg

Probably not? It remains to be seen BUT suspect that Teslas will retain their value over time due to their reliability and efficiency. Even with any crazy new battery density improvements older Teslas should still be good to go for local and medium range daily drives. Also thanks to the charging network would still work but unsurprisingly take more time for longer trips.
Try to sell a M3 right now and see what happens. Bottom has fallen out.

• Informative
Reactions: LetsGoElectric
Try to sell a M3 right now and see what happens. Bottom has fallen out.
Yeah if you paid at the height of Tesla pricing that's probably true but if you buy now post cuts?

For the M3 the intro of the MY ate into a lot sales especially when prices started to drop. Also the rumored "M2" will probably have an impact as well given that it is supposed to be cheaper.

On Edmunds for the 08034 zipcode I'm seeing $43K - $46K for 2021 M3 models and $31K for 2019 models

The MY seems a bit more stable pricing-wise - on that same site and zip seeing used 2021 MYSR for $45K. Don't know if they are actually selling them for that at this point though and expect prices to get lowered in relation to current year pricing.

Unless there is another series of massive price cuts I think we should be okay with resale value.. not that we intend to sell our future MYLR anytime soon.

My wife and I have joked about that! “What are we going to do after we take delivery and don’t have to check the app every few minutes in anticipation!”? Maybe start looking for a used M3P to auto cross apparently wasn’t the right answer! 🤣
Maybe start looking into cybertruck, only $100 refundable deposit. If you put down the deposit today, it's not expected that you'll receive the truck (considering you chose to buy it eventually) by mid to late 2025.

• Funny
Reactions: LetsGoElectric