Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone with a EDD in May in NJ called their SA or SC to ask about the NJ rebate? As it is now showing on completed tasks and shows when looking into financing through Tesla, it makes me believe it will be there even after May 1st.

I also note that I see it on the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement but only where it is line itemed at the bottom and states (if applicable).

Just no real communication. Not that there is ever with Tesla until they want your money. :)

Just got offers for my 2012 CRV (75000 miles) from Algonation, Carmax, and Carvana.

Algonation buys the car without inspection but have to send them pictures. They offered $11k.
Carmax may need to inspect first and offered $12k (worried they will lower offer when they come out).
Carvana low balled me with $7,900.

For ease I may just go with Algonation.

That seems like a common thing. Happened to us around April 19th - went into the EDD range with no VIN then it shifted. Will see what happens now that we have a VIN - the EDD range which hasn't changed begins tomorrow.
Yeah I guess it makes sense, with 2 weeks in the window it wouldn't be realistic for that EDD to even be accurate since I don't have VIN yet. Really wish they could just give Accurate EDD's, as this was my 3rd time entering a 2 week or less EDD window, And you late January folks have had it even worse!

Last edited:
Yeah I guess it makes sense, with 2 weeks in the window it wouldn't be realistic for that EDD to even be accurate since I don't have VIN yet. Really wish they could just give Accurate EDD's this was my 3rd time entering a 2 week or less EDD window, And you late January folks have had it even worse!
The constantly shifting EDDs would be okay if they just gave us some insight/explanation as to why it changed each time.

It's really poor customer service when Tesla folks say do not pay attention to EDDs and then keep radio silence throughout the entire process EXCEPT for those EDD changes or as @Skunis pointed out when they want money or are suddenly springing on you a mostly non-negotiable narrow pickup window.

They have a ways to go to make this aspect of fulfillment better even with extended delivery times.

Called two electricians from Tesla's site in my area. One is coming Thursday. The other cannot come until late next week. Already booked for estimates all this week. I just said no thanks. I need the charger hooked up for when the car is delivered.

Crossing fingers that they do not overcharge knowing that we get $1500 through the electric company and NJ.

Only issue for me is the wiring from the garage to the house (detached garage). It has to go underground and when my Nema outlet was installed the electrician found that the conduit did not go all the way under the patio (way for my builder to cheap out when building the house). That electrician was able to figure it out. Of course I will not mention that to this electrician. :)

Happy to pay the full $1500 as it is nothing out of my pocket. :)

The constantly shifting EDDs would be okay if they just gave us some insight/explanation as to why it changed each time.

It's really poor customer service when Tesla folks ...
I was riding in my Tesla (please read between the lines 😁) this morning reading news and I spilled the coffee I was sipping on reading this article.

I will say that there is truth in this headline. 4 yrs 60K miles on the first Tesla and I have not set foot onto a Tesla service center. It is just ironic that when you are waiting for your new car... The "no service" takes on an entirely different meaning.

Cheers

beewang

I was riding in my Tesla (please read between the lines 😁) this morning reading news and I spilled the coffee I was sipping on reading this article.

I will say that there is truth in this headline. 4 yrs 60K miles on the first Tesla and I have not set foot onto a Tesla service center. It is just ironic that when you are waiting for your new car... The "no service" takes on an entirely different meaning.

Cheers

beewang
That's a great article. Never really thought about that but it makes SO much sense! You can sell a car on a razor thin margin if you plan to soak the customer for 10x that margin on service over the next X years.

Picked up my LR (poor man edition) on Earth Day. Austin build. Only one scratch on a trunk door, everything else is perfect:
1682351813403.jpeg

Scheduled a service appointment to take a look. I'm not sure, if it's really fixable :rolleyes:

Picked up my LR (poor man edition) on Earth Day. Austin build. Only one scratch on a trunk door, everything else is perfect:
View attachment 931360

Scheduled a service appointment to take a look. I'm not sure, if it's really fixable :rolleyes:
So what are you thinking ??

Would a bottle of touch of paint suffice?
Or do you really want them to take this too the body shop on your new car?

At this point I would be settling for just a bottle or two of the touch up paint

I think @beewang's caps (pic below from his prior post) are closer to the uberturbine style (wheel on the far right) just with thicker and fewer spokes? The ones I purchased are very similar/same.

Anyway agree - prefer the uberturbine wheels to induction.
I don't know. For me, the Gemini covers look as good, if not better, than any of the aftermarket covers. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Reactions: beewang and erktrek
That's a great article. Never really thought about that but it makes SO much sense! You can sell a car on a razor thin margin if you plan to soak the customer for 10x that margin on service over the next X years.
So this is the problem that EV is creating for the legacy Auto makers.... Much like the MP3 Changed the entire music industry (remember the old LP and CD for $20 and there is only 1 or 2 songs you like but everything else is a "filler" stupid song?) The auto industry is going to change (and many will die) Toyota, Honda and BMW alike, all REFUSE to give up the cash cow the old ICE auto created on the service business of the cars.

They all will be replaced, much like Nokia, Ericson, Motorola, Rim blackberry by the embracer of the new EV tech , much like Apple, LG, Samsung and Google.

Just my 2 cents

beewang

Took delivery Saturday the 22nd. Very positive experience. They gave us as much time as we wanted to check the car out. We looked it over for about 35 minutes and could find no issues. It was charged to 90% on their fast charger. Went back into the showroom, signed some papers and handed over a cashiers check and drove away. Came with front mud flaps, Matrix headlights and ppf on the rear door areas. Drives amazing. Not sure how many January orders are still outstanding but be patient and know that you will love your car

I don't know. For me, the Gemini covers look as good, if not better, than any of the aftermarket covers. Your mileage may vary, of course.
I like the Gemini covers as well but was first just going to remove them for the aluminum rims only with the kit from Tesla.

However, I ended up buying the ones in discussion here when I saw they cover the entire rim. It is very easy to rim a Tesla as the tires are slightly back or even with the rims where other cars the tires are out a bit and protect the rim.

I know, I rimed my car once and paid $150 to get it fixed.

So which build are people trying to get? Austin or Fremont? I'm in southern California and the rep I talked to said most Ys are coming out of Austin, but what's the advantage etc to an Austin build?
No advantage on either location. We live in TX and my wife’s MYP came from Fremont. I’m told all MYPs are Fremont but would be curious to hear from others.