Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we took delivery our car has been mostly a "garage queen". My wife has done pretty much all of the driving and that was just from the showroom to home and then a brief trip to pickup lunch yesterday. All I've gotten to do was inch into the garage after taking those pictures I posted 😢.

Well today I got to actually drive it around the block and park it on the street for a bit as we are having some irrigation work done and the contractor needed access to the garage - Huzzah! The most impressive thing was how easy it was to just drive it. Incredibly smooth and super responsive. The one thing I did not realize is how well the one pedal driving works - I had assumed it only triggers when you take your foot fully off the pedal not in stages as you let up like it actually does - a very natural/logical way of doing it. Anyway I may take it out on the highway for a bit as we are still in "calibration mode" - that wagon wheel icon thing on the top left of the screen. Should go away after 20-25 miles according to the fine manual..
Mine finished calibration partway through the ~15 mile drive to home from the SC. I had to go through the menus to find and enable autosteer. I've used it on local roads for parts of several drives and it's interesting but not perfect. Have not yet had any of the "phantom braking" that others talk about.

I can also report telling the car to "activate bioweapon defense mode" was absolutely awesome when I spent a few miles behind a dump truck spewing diesel smoke this morning.

I got my first electric bill today since buying an EV. A year ago, I used 620 kWh. This year, I used 900 kWh. The vehicle shows I used 277 kWh. My bill went up by $3 from $135 to $138 over last month. The reason for the small increase is because I'm on average billing, so my bill will continue to rise a few dollars a month over the next year until it catches up to my new average usage.

My early projection is that I'll be spending $40-50 per month on electricity instead of $200 per month on gasoline.

For anyone with Tow Hitch, it looks like the Ungodly Design Magnetic Hitch Cover will be back in stock soon. It lets you place an order again.
Pre-ordered. Thank you!

You're kinda anal about the tape ehh?? :p
Look, I don't think they do anything really.. recall I put the wheels on the night I received them without the tape and drove it a couple days before I removed the wheels caps and re-did them with tape (just because it's there) as I had to put the wheels cap back directionally corrected.

1) So I don't think you need to worry about the stupid tape thing. It doesn't do anything as far as I can tell.

2) wouldn't worry about breaking the wheel caps as I am sure at some point you'll curb the wheels and will buy a new set to supply the damage replacement.

In fact...I am gonna order another set now. :D

beewang
You are too funny beewang!

I get ya but I guess I am anal about it. To me they gave it to us for a reason. The car, over time shakes and shimmies and the wheel covers may scratch those nice rims underneath. One day I may not want covers and have no choice if it ruins the rims.

You are correct, I am sure I will curb them and have to buy a replacement but still worried about it possibly scratching the rims.

I have not heard back from Kavanic. I am sure they will send new tape but will hold off putting on the car until I get the replacement tape.

For anyone with Tow Hitch, it looks like the Ungodly Design Magnetic Hitch Cover will be back in stock soon. It lets you place an order again.
Ordered and thanks.

You are too funny beewang!

I get ya but I guess I am anal about it. To me they gave it to us for a reason. The car, over time shakes and shimmies and the wheel covers may scratch those nice rims underneath. One day I may not want covers and have no choice if it ruins the rims.

You are correct, I am sure I will curb them and have to buy a replacement but still worried about it possibly scratching the rims.

I have not heard back from Kavanic. I am sure they will send new tape but will hold off putting on the car until I get the replacement tape.
I got the same brand, planning to install it this weekend. Agree. I am concerned about the quality after reading reviews.

Last edited:
So we have a Tesla!!! Picked up at the tiny Cherry Hill location, fortunate enough to find a parking space. Noticed our Tesla was in space #13 😬 - no associate in sight. My wife's phone app was already activated so she could unlock. We spent some time going over both the exterior and interior. Could not find a single thing wrong with it. Now to be fair I'm not an expert BUT thanks to this community I kinda know what to look out for - things like trim around the doors, alignment of the trunk and rear lights, paint scratches, rim damage etc.. nope saw none of it. A lady who was also picking up a car with similar trim came up to us and said check the interior door trim/moulding right by where the door attaches to the frame - theirs was doubled up or over apparently something like that and understandably she was not happy. Ours seemed fine though. After sitting in the cabin for a while familiarizing ourselves with the controls, and pairing our phones etc we were good to go. They had paperwork in the car the car we had to fill out and when we were done I brought it to them and we left. Super fast.

When we got home I took a few pics and put in the accessories like the floor/sub-trunk/frunk mats and the Rear Trunk Organizers - the ones @groenqueen was asking about - yes they fit great, once I figured out how to put them in correctly (there is a hint on the bottoms!). Also put in the Spigen Console Organizer tray and hidden storage box - those too look great, fit well. In terms of the hubcaps - I have not put them on yet. The stock ones look really nice on close inspection. Also I have not yet attempted to add the roof rack nor mess with the tow hitch - I bought a bike rack for the tow hitch that hopefully doesn't hide the rear camera. Tested the charging, that works great, no puffs of smoke or random electrical discharges - @groenqueen to answer an earlier question - it does not appear you can add your wall charger to the Tesla app, at least I couldn't find how to do it. After adding the car to our WiFi I did kick off an OTA which took about 20 mins or so.. during the process made some really weird noises but looks like everything worked.

Other than that spent an inordinate amount of time sitting in the car futzing with things.. so much to learn yet for the basic functions surprisingly simple. Have not taken it for a proper drive yet...

On the downside I think my wife is secretly getting excited and may actually start to love the car which is ruining my devious plan to end up as the primary driver.View attachment 933691

View attachment 933687View attachment 933688

View attachment 933694View attachment 933693
Congratulations! She's a beut! Long time coming, but well worth it. I have all of 351 miles on my MSM and absolutely love it. I understand why EV owners say they won't go back to an ICE. It's so much more pleasureable driving experience. I spent an extra $1k for ceramic coating inside and out. Time will tell if it was worth it. Enjoy!

Congratulations! She's a beut! Long time coming, but well worth it. I have all of 351 miles on my MSM and absolutely love it. I understand why EV owners say they won't go back to an ICE. It's so much more pleasureable driving experience. I spent an extra $1k for ceramic coating inside and out. Time will tell if it was worth it. Enjoy!
Only $1k for ceramic inside and out???? Wow! I am getting fleeced here in NJ. $2500 but it is lifetime ceramic on the outside.

Anyone claiming "lifetime" for a ceramic coating is fleecing you regardless of the price charged. Unless they are promising to redo it every 3 years for free.
I thought the same thing.

This is a newer product.

It is guaranteed.