Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you own an eBike/eMTB being an X’r? Do you think ebikes are ok?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this on the M3 page and shoulda posted here cuz M3 owners are just low end Tesla owners and can’t haul a couple of eMTBs anyway. (My wife ❤️ her M3, it’s ok)

Interested in support, and opinions on this, if you have actual experience, of course. Please support BLMs initiative to allow Class 1 electronic pedal assist bicycles to share the same trails as acoustic bikes

e-Bike Hate Picking Up, You Can Help

72712E1D-2DB1-4667-960E-04CCAEE67D46.jpeg

Attachments

• 9235285C-7F5B-493E-A597-6A20D8A4793A.jpeg
    9235285C-7F5B-493E-A597-6A20D8A4793A.jpeg
    408.2 KB · Views: 51
I love my old Trek Soho Deluxe retrofitted with a Bafang mid drive kit. I would have bought a new Specialized except I would have 3 bicycles in the garage instead of 2. I can ride my Specialized Roubaix road bike faster that the pedal assist Trek.

I built my own E-bike folding suspended mountain bike. The advantage is it is not a recognizable brand and the battery can be worn in a knapsack, hiding what I am really riding. Placing plastic "hub caps" over the spokes can camouflage the rear motor, if you need. You can say you did it for aerodynamics.

E-bay has all the parts and it might take 2 hours to assemble.

I'm super happy with my creation. I use it mostly for bridges when I take the bike to and from work and I have a planned surgery, as I can avoid the hassle of parking my Model X and instead park the bike in the fenced in area. Mostly I pedal, but at the end of a long night I have 30 miles of charge in case I'm too whipped to push on through.

Not too many bike trails here with hills prior to this year when they converted a very tall garbage dump to an outdoor park. Mostly I used to use the bridges when I needed exercise.

Currently, my legs are getting better, but my 17 year old is beginning to kick my @$$. I can't allow that, so I secretly hit the juice and scream ahead. Unfortunately I think he is getting wise...

Many areas restrict motorized bikes on certain trails. Does not matter if they are gas or electric.

Making a ride on a human powered bike is a sense of pride and accomplishment. Doing so with a motor attached is a totally different experience.

Like comparing a fly fisherman's art with someone using live bait. (or even hand grenades).

If I was grinding my way up a challenging hill, I would not be happy with some torque monster passing me by and slinging mud in my sweaty face.

Many areas restrict motorized bikes on certain trails. Does not matter if they are gas or electric.

Making a ride on a human powered bike is a sense of pride and accomplishment. Doing so with a motor attached is a totally different experience.

Like comparing a fly fisherman's art with someone using live bait. (or even hand grenades).

If I was grinding my way up a challenging hill, I would not be happy with some torque monster passing me by and slinging mud in my sweaty face.

Class 1 ebike is no torque monster

Reactions: SSonnentag

Hooray for you and your desire to only propel a bicycle with human power. Nobody is begrudging your desire, and you should not begrudge somebody who gets joy from riding an ebike. It amazes me how some people want to take control of other people's lives.

Reactions: SSonnentag