Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Done with Tesla Model Y Performance after 2000km

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly you are upset you got a bad car(that part is understandable). No need to name call but each to how they were raised.

I was simply asking you where you got your data for stating VASTLY bad anything. You answered it:

You have a statistical value N=1 for your broad generalizations: Your car.

Anything else is just your opinion rather than actual facts, meant to get people to see Tesla in a bad light because YOU are not happy. This is about YOU and that is ok friend....But its not about Tesla.

Sorry you got a bad car. Should have reject it it and gotten another. Or get a MME. Sounds like you got a model that went through a storm..perhaps on the train? And if the Lumbar was such a deal breaker you should stick to the KIA like you had before. Vastly superior auto, I am sure your back will bask in lumbar heaven. It would have been nice to have pass lumbar on the MYP but if they decided it was not a deal breaker for the customer, which they were right cause you still bought the car, then its a business decision. Probably a statistically good one.

Have a nice day, and hopefully you will find a car with Hard, Thick paint and passenger lumbar support! I just want them to fix the wipers.

Again, completely wrong. We've owned 3 Model Ys and test driven an additional 6 vehicles going back to when they were first released. We buy them for the drivetrain refinement, cost of ownership, safety, and convenience features, which are all vastly ahead of the market, but we don't pretend they are well built.

It has been a while since we owned a BMW, but while it was a great car and pretty reliable, service costs were absurd when required. Had the same experience with our Audi, great car, pretty reliable, but ridiculous service costs. The OP didn't own the Tesla long enough to factor that in. But to each his/her own. As much as we liked our BMW and Audi, we'll never own another...
I really do not recognise the gravity of the issues so vehemently felt by the OP and so many responders - certainly not to the point of it impinging on the joy that owning and driving the MY LR gives me and SWMBO and I therefore feel for those who have been disappointed with their purchase.

I have owned and enjoyed from new/one year old, BMW 3, 5 and latterly X3. All of which I have enjoyed enormously. As I have all others cars that were the realisation of a strong desire for ownership. I tend to forget the bad/ expensive times probably because I took them as par for the course; that's what the warranty is for😀.
Perhaps, had I ever joined a BMW or other marque forum I might have read of similarly disappointed owners.

It took five years from falling head over for the Model S ( a bit too expensive for me and anyway, for my bulk and height, a little snug).

An early M3 waiting list signatory, I almost gambled on the comfort issue but feared the M3's snugness for long ( by UK standards) euro road trips and so bit the bullet and waited for the Y.

Again, though chomping at what was left of the bit after five years, I did not buy in the first UK wave but took several test drives and although having research how the Y was received by the cousins, I waited for some UK early adopter opinions and media reviews. ( non of which were revelatory or too discouraging but rather, in the main, very positive) before hitting the buy button on March 2nd 2022.

I suppose the point ( if I ever get to it🙄)
is that i knew what I was getting and so have not been disappointed through mistaken expectations and have, so far, been immune to issues affecting reasonable or normal expectations.

I do have sympathy for those owners whose expectations ( in many cases quite reasonable ones) have not been met.

However, understanding the offer, warts and all, has never been easier and without the pressure/irritation of Swiss Tony's comparisons between cars and beautiful woman😀 and other sales botanical banter.

IMHO, any hype surrounding Tesla has been, for the most part, generated by owners and the, so unkindly termed, fanboys.
No one can complain of brain washing through mass advertising.......
...... OK if you follow Elon, he does over promise a little.... 🙄

So, caveat emptor.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinT3141
The keyfob is mostly for using the frunk and for not ever having to use that Tesla key card.
I use the frunk all the time. Easy access for groceries with no need for them being in a bag. Super convenient. Also I only do reverse parking now because no USS. The trunk is not accessible most of the times.
And the keyfob allows me to just get in and drive when my phone is dead or bluetooth is off. I really hate those cards, having to place them in the middle of the console for driving.
I downloaded an app for my apple watch that allows you to use siri. I love it. I can say siri open Frunk and the self installed power frunk lets me dump my groceries without looking foe phone or even needing a FOB. Jist something to consider for 19.99 on apple.. and if you have the watch

My P rides better than my 22LR on 20” wheels.
My 2023 MYP rides like a small sports car but ai dont find the suspension to be on my mind during regular driving…. Only when there is a road full of potholes…Then it sucks to be in any Tesla, or comparable sized car I assume, but you buy a truck for that crap… Not a Tesla…cause ot may even bottom out.
There are some speed bumps I have encountered where I will scrape if its more than just me in car.

Again, completely wrong. We've owned 3 Model Ys and test driven an additional 6 vehicles going back to when they were first released. We buy them for the drivetrain refinement, cost of ownership, safety, and convenience features, which are all vastly ahead of the market, but we don't pretend they are well built.
Not sure what I am wrong or right about but the built of my MYP2023 is, dare I say, perfect. Perhaps older models had growing pains but I think overall they are at least on par if not better than Big 3.

I have owned GM Crysler Lexus BMW. Except for Lexus: I had paint issues and loose panels on all my cars and on my Jeep cherokee a lemon of an automatic suspension. I think we as tesla owners are a more educated and picky bunch… but I also think Tesla has come a long way in quality.
I bought the car because for the price of 57000 myp2023 red it was the fastest car on the market at 0/60 in 3.5s (not counting the smaller m3p) and also battery powered a great convenience for my daily drive. But I am very plesantly surprised by the great built quality and paint job. Granted my Red collor takes multiple coats to get it right so less prone to issues.

My 2023 MYP rides like a small sports car but ai dont find the suspension to be on my mind during regular driving…. Only when there is a road full of potholes…Then it sucks to be in any Tesla, or comparable sized car I assume, but you buy a truck for that crap… Not a Tesla…cause ot may even bottom out.
There are some speed bumps I have encountered where I will scrape if its more than just me in car.

Are you up North? I don’t have roads that bad around me in Virginia

I really do not recognise the gravity of the issues so vehemently felt by the OP and so many responders - certainly not to the point of it impinging on the joy that owning and driving the MY LR gives me and SWMBO and I therefore feel for those who have been disappointed with their purchase.

I have owned and enjoyed from new/one year old, BMW 3, 5 and latterly X3. All of which I have enjoyed enormously. As I have all others cars that were the realisation of a strong desire for ownership. I tend to forget the bad/ expensive times probably because I took them as par for the course; that's what the warranty is for😀.
Perhaps, had I ever joined a BMW or other marque forum I might have read of similarly disappointed owners.

It took five years from falling head over for the Model S ( a bit too expensive for me and anyway, for my bulk and height, a little snug).

An early M3 waiting list signatory, I almost gambled on the comfort issue but feared the M3's snugness for long ( by UK standards) euro road trips and so bit the bullet and waited for the Y.

Again, though chomping at what was left of the bit after five years, I did not buy in the first UK wave but took several test drives and although having research how the Y was received by the cousins, I waited for some UK early adopter opinions and media reviews. ( non of which were revelatory or too discouraging but rather, in the main, very positive) before hitting the buy button on March 2nd 2022.

I suppose the point ( if I ever get to it🙄)
is that i knew what I was getting and so have not been disappointed through mistaken expectations and have, so far, been immune to issues affecting reasonable or normal expectations.

I do have sympathy for those owners whose expectations ( in many cases quite reasonable ones) have not been met.

However, understanding the offer, warts and all, has never been easier and without the pressure/irritation of Swiss Tony's comparisons between cars and beautiful woman😀 and other sales botanical banter.

IMHO, any hype surrounding Tesla has been, for the most part, generated by owners and the, so unkindly termed, fanboys.
No one can complain of brain washing through mass advertising.......
...... OK if you follow Elon, he does over promise a little.... 🙄

So, caveat emptor.
TLDR: you don't like Tesla cars.

Bob2C,
My roads not too bad in South Michigan… but there are some. Just making a point that the car is not for potholes.. but then no sports car is.. with thin tires and tight suspension.
This time of year in MN there are not only a lot of potholes but tons of cracks areas where the asphalt has heaved a bit. The ride in my MYLR is punishing on some of the roads around here. The thing is, the MY is a compact SUV, not a sports car, and I specifically bought the long range version, not the performance version.

You’re going to feel these road imperfections in any car but the overwhelming majority of cars can accommodate them without requiring a spinal fusion afterwards.

This time of year in MN there are not only a lot of potholes but tons of cracks areas where the asphalt has heaved a bit. The ride in my MYLR is punishing on some of the roads around here. The thing is, the MY is a compact SUV, not a sports car, and I specifically bought the long range version, not the performance version.

You’re going to feel these road imperfections in any car but the overwhelming majority of cars can accommodate them without requiring a spinal fusion afterwards.
I can understand your concern…Esp if you have crappy roads then its a massage chair on vibrate. but a car that does 0/60 in less than 5 secs its gonna be a sports car. I think they have to have stiff suspension ow youre going to fly off the road at max acceleration. Or most on here will complain its too soft. Plus its weights quite a bit. I know they sell it as an SUV but we all know this is a crossover at best.
On the same note I still have my Jeep Cherokee and it feels like a boat to me now.
Good luck. If you like the car despite all the issues perhaps there are softer aftermarket suspension options and different tires?

I love my Model Y P, but I love performance cars and all the sound/stiff ride issues you get with them. I hate Tesla's build quality but the tech, safety and convenience stuff is way beyond the rest of the market. The supercharger network is also a feature that should be included as a "feature" when considering an EV.

A balanced critique.👍

Reactions: JezzaE and RedY23
Just received the new update for the BMW XM, all I can say it’s “ Hakkuna Mattata.”

Attachments

• ECCC0437-514A-42F7-A3D9-7F87CD184784.jpeg
    ECCC0437-514A-42F7-A3D9-7F87CD184784.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 73
  • 708C552B-91CA-4F56-B01A-16AEEF02B7A7.jpeg
    708C552B-91CA-4F56-B01A-16AEEF02B7A7.jpeg
    847.3 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.