Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drop-In Center Console now in the Tesla Model S online store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All good to choose to wait. Too bad TM does not see the center console as a priority. Perhaps it conflicts with their original interior design? But back to listen to the customers. That is why TM has an incredible 96.6 Net Promoter Score! This seems to fly against the face of customer satisfaction. I respect all of you hanging in there on the wait list. But encourage those that have not checked out 3rd party alternatives to do so. I have been enjoying a center console for 7 months now, that would have not been available through Tesla.

I respect all of you hanging in there on the wait list. But encourage those that have not checked out 3rd party alternatives to do so. I have been enjoying a center console for 7 months now, that would have not been available through Tesla.

OK, we get it. You like your non-Tesla console.

If you really do respect those of us waiting, how about you stop telling us about how great the third-party options are? We've heard it before (from you, actually), and we're likely to hear it again, and frankly it's annoying as hell.

@ Andy
Now read my comments again. Owners on this thread are complaining about long delivery times. My point is only to consider alternatives for a quicker delivey, which many have. But that is not to say ALL participants have done that. I get annoyed with folks concerned about delivery time and not considering alternatives. But then again this is a hobby, so being annoyed means I am done with this discussion.

All good to choose to wait. Too bad TM does not see the center console as a priority. Perhaps it conflicts with their original interior design? But back to listen to the customers. That is why TM has an incredible 96.6 Net Promoter Score! This seems to fly against the face of customer satisfaction. I respect all of you hanging in there on the wait list. But encourage those that have not checked out 3rd party alternatives to do so. I have been enjoying a center console for 7 months now, that would have not been available through Tesla.
Well, if TM is indeed shipping these out in the next 1-2 months, then the wait issue is no longer that much of a consideration.

Add my voice to those who dislike the EVAnnex center console. I understand there are those who like them and have enjoyed them, but personally, I would rather do without than buy something that I wasn't crazy about. That's why I've been waiting... and the Tesla product is well worth the wait! :)

4000+ people on the wait list seems hard to believe, but there were already 300 people on the wait list when I signed up on October 15th, 2013, so i guess it is possible that it got that high a year later.

the better part of $3M in revenue waiting for TM to post...seems like they would logically want to ship these and are having supply/quality issues. I was in Fremont yesterday and confirmed that the CF and Piano Black options are readily available and while they wont give a date from the others, they are still confident that the rest will ship this year - seems reasonable now another version is available.

When you look at the other aftermarket options, they look, well, aftermarket. Like some stereo shop did the best they could making some one off afterthought console. Tesla's looks OEM - which I guess it is...while I would love to have an alternative or faster shipping, the options out there make me more comfortable with waiting. And, in the meantime, Im a lot more diligent about leaving items behind in the car.

I was told I was about 4465 on the list for obeche matte. I find that incredibly hard to believe.

I had asked for clarification of this, because it just did not make sense to me that THAT many people would have ordered the obeche matte front console. It turns out I was correct, as I just received the following:

"You are approximately 4465 on the entire Premium Front Console waitlist. If we are only looking at customers waiting for the Obeche Wood Matte console, you are approximately 1240 on the list."

I expected somebody to have already posted about the e-mail that went out today. Did nobody else get it? I got one saying "We have made the difficult decision to offer only the Piano Black Front Center Consoles on Model S. After thorough and repeated testing, other decor options did not meet our standards for quality and long term durability."

That said, has anybody seen pictures of the piano black in a car with Obeche Wood Gloss? I tried finding one, but couldn't.

Yup, got the email from Tesla tonight. All other finishes but piano black are discontinued (can you call it discontinued if it was never produced in the first place?) . I've been waiting 5 months for Obeche gloss. As soon as I got the email I ordered the piano black figuring there would be a run. Sure enough, an hour after I ordered, they are sold out.

I expected somebody to have already posted about the e-mail that went out today. Did nobody else get it? I got one saying "We have made the difficult decision to offer only the Piano Black Front Center Consoles on Model S. After thorough and repeated testing, other decor options did not meet our standards for quality and long term durability."

That said, has anybody seen pictures of the piano black in a car with Obeche Wood Gloss? I tried finding one, but couldn't.

I got it. I already got and installed the piano black 2 weeks ago. I'll post a pic

It's being discussed in one of the other console threads. The discussion starts here: Model S Premium Center Console - Page 3