Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP (Enhanced Auto Pilot) for $4k. Who’s in?

Are you getting EAP?

• Yes

Votes: 72 19.1%
  • No

Votes: 172 45.6%
  • Wait and see

Votes: 133 35.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  1. TACC and Autosteer are NOT free: the cost of the vehicle went up by (if I recall correctly) $3,000 when they started including it
  2. NONE of this makes "financial sense" - they are CONVENIENCES being added to the car. There is no ROI for this (other than some increased resale value.
It went up by $2000.
I remember it because i opted not to buy it for $3000 when i signed the papers. Shortly after taking delivery, the price went up by $2000 and AP was included.

Let's be honest. You are going to get on the highway and get stuck behind someone for 2 mins then see the car put on it's blinker to change lanes. It's going to ask you to put your hands on the wheel before anyway. You are going to be like oh man this is cool and it will slowly change lanes maybe. $4000

I am going to pull up and change lanes in a second then tap tap and I'm back cruising in autopilot. Free

I'm pulling the trigger on this. My 2018 M3 started with EAP based on my experience with our MS. Upgraded it to FSD and HW3 with the $2k upgrade price. My wife's M3 we went with the stealth vs FSD. We drive enough highway that NOA and lane switching is worth it and thought we would be spending $8K before the end of the year when we have a long trip planned. This just saved us $4k and gives us what we are most interested in.

For those of you who pull the trigger on this, please let us know if you currently have HW2.5 and if there is a HW3.0 upgrade with it. That's a substantial motivator for me, and I assume for others as well.
All of the EAP features work perfectly (by “perfectly” I mean as well as they’re ever going to) with 2.0 and 2.5 hardware, so it most definitively does not come with a hardware upgrade.

Reactions: jjrandorin
End of Septemnber... I wonder if Tesla is trying to boost up their finances before Q3 ends.
Even if they convince 10,000 people to buy this before the end of the month (they won’t), it’s a rounding error compared to the $5b capital raise they just completed.

This is a long term play and acknowledgement that they’ve overpriced FSD and people are balking. It may “go away” in October, but it will sure as sugar be back soon.

This auto lane change - is that the same as the function of using the turn signal to change lanes? I think it isn't. If that's the case, then "nah" for me. I want to change lanes with the turn signal switch. All the other stuff I don't care much about.

Tesla - sell me turn signal lane changes for $300.

Reactions: afadeev
This auto lane change - is that the same as the function of using the turn signal to change lanes? I think it isn't. If that's the case, then "nah" for me. I want to change lanes with the turn signal switch. All the other stuff I don't care much about.

Tesla - sell me turn signal lane changes for $300.
“Auto lane change” = car changes lanes with autosteer enabled when you request it does so by using the turn signal stalk.

For those of you who pull the trigger on this, please let us know if you currently have HW2.5 and if there is a HW3.0 upgrade with it. That's a substantial motivator for me, and I assume for others as well.

EAP runs on HW2.5

We got it when we bought the car July/2018, and that had HW2.5.

When we finally pulled the trigger on FSD, that's when we got the HW3 upgrade.

“Auto lane change” = car changes lanes with autosteer enabled when you request it does so by using the turn signal stalk.

In addition, it recommends lane changes and also will navigate through most highway junctions without user action.

It also "knows" where you are going, provided you put in a destination, therefore take the correct lane and knows which fork to take at a fork in the road.

Note: We have 52K miles on our car and most of those miles are highway miles using NoA.

• Disagree
Reactions: ucmndd