Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Access Program (overflow from 2018.39 4a3910f thread)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooo..uh... while sitting here Impatiently for v9, I think I got something “better”... got a invitation email from Tesla that starts out with “you’re invited to participate in the Tesla Early Access Program” :D :O whow

Yes, I also got the invite last night. Only thing that I did differently last night was, before going to bed I sent an email to Tesla via their portal that my 3 is still in V 32.2 for several weeks. Perhaps this might be a simple coincidence! I haven't received the firmware push yet.

Sooo..uh... while sitting here Impatiently for v9, I think I got something “better”... got a invitation email from Tesla that starts out with “you’re invited to participate in the Tesla Early Access Program” :D :O whow

was one of the terms and conditions that you would not reveal that you were on the early access program?

So based on Elon’s current tweets about v9 needs more testing and tweaking, that’s probably why I and a couple others here got into the early access program just recently. They are probably needing more live data from real world.

Anyways, woke up this morning with v9 :D

oh man....one of the cool kids with early access AND V9! Ouch. Jealousy can not be avoided. I am your neighbor in Renton. With a pitiful V32.4 that appears will need to go to 36.x before I am even considered for V9! You might see me on the side of I5 onramps with a cardboard sign "will work for V9". Wave as you drive by.

Also another interesting thing, Tesla accidentally sent out an e-mail using CC instead of BCC to all of the early access program testers this morning. There are ~ 2,000 in early access program right now.

Very interesting! 2000 is a significant number. I'm really glad to see that. Any other details you can share? Like how does the bug reporting work for example. Not asking you to reveal anything confidential.

Sorry can't figure out how to edit posts (just made an account here today - long time lurker!). To elaborate, for bug reports you have to tell them time, date, location and send a map link from your phone and they pull lots of data about your vehicle as well. When you agree to early access you agree to let them pull video from your vehicles cameras and car data etc in order to test bugs.

Also for the 2,000 it's possible it was just one model of vehicle they sent the e-mail to? He has a Model X so someone else in early access could confirm if they got the goofed e-mail this morning as well for the 39.4 release and have a different model.

• Informative
Reactions: rpm001
Only think I can think of is that I’m a heavy driver and would make a good candidate?.. just hit my one year anniversary with my Model S yesterday and crossed over 31kmiles in year one... other then that, I literally didn’t do anything special to get in? Could be by luck of the draw... that’s it, I won the Tesla lotto!!

Side note, if I’m a beta taster now, I wonder if they will push FSD updates to me (when the time comes) when i only have EAP?

I want an invite! I got over 36K miles in my first year and i would say at least 60% are Autopilot Miles.

oh man....one of the cool kids with early access AND V9! Ouch. Jealousy can not be avoided. I am your neighbor in Renton. With a pitiful V32.4 that appears will need to go to 36.x before I am even considered for V9! You might see me on the side of I5 onramps with a cardboard sign "will work for V9". Wave as you drive by.

Don't think this rumor is true, don't think you need to go to 36.X prior to V9.

• Informative
Reactions: MidwestMX
The nice thing about early access is they push updates quickly to those vehicles. He had updated to 39.2 yesterday and then today they updated him to 39.4. They must "push" new versions to everyone in early access immediately as they come out.
Curious about this. Early Access testers don't get the 'software update' available? it just gets pushed? Like you go to sleep with 34.6 and wake up to 39.3?

Curious about this. Early Access testers don't get the 'software update' available? it just gets pushed? Like you go to sleep with 34.6 and wake up to 39.3?

They still have to hit "update" via the phone or the vehicle - it isn't automatic. Just meant that they get new versions very quickly after Tesla releases them to early access. There doesn't seem to be a staggered rollout for early access is what I meant.