Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stood in line on 3/31 and was #43 at the Tesla Decatur, GA store (Atlanta area). At the time I was a non-owner, but I purchased a used P85 in Nov 2016. So I assume I was bumped up in the queue. Just received the configuration invite email yesterday.
This is exciting news- I'm also in Atlanta. Non-owner, online reserver 3/31. Initially had Dec-Feb, pushed back to Jan-Mar when the November pushbacks happened. No word yet. Me want car. :)

Reactions: Mike1080i
Ordered 1-4-18
Vin assigned today 1-8-18
Was told to expect delivery mid next week
If I actually get the car next week I’ll be really surprised
Unlike the S X original built-to-order model, they are prebuilding 3’s as fast as possible. When you get a vin you are matched to an already built car, they just have to get it to you.
Disclaimer: just my opinion.

As an East Coast non-owner who reserved in Sept. of '16, I'm getting pretty concerned about bridging the gap until the 3. The site currently says mid-2018 for a base model, and that would be entirely do-able by me. But I have a 14-year-old Prius that will be at 200K miles by mid-2018, a date range which now seems like a bit of a pipe dream. I'm thinking 2019 is far more likely. I'm gonna need a car before then. This offers me a very difficult choice, to be sure.

Curious what others expect regarding realistic delivery delays beyond these initial, pricier versions of the 3.

As an East Coast non-owner who reserved in Sept. of '16, I'm getting pretty concerned about bridging the gap until the 3. The site currently says mid-2018 for a base model, and that would be entirely do-able by me. But I have a 14-year-old Prius that will be at 200K miles by mid-2018, a date range which now seems like a bit of a pipe dream. I'm thinking 2019 is far more likely. I'm gonna need a car before then. This offers me a very difficult choice, to be sure.

Curious what others expect regarding realistic delivery delays beyond these initial, pricier versions of the 3.

Living in Western Mass, wouldn't you want to wait for the AWD version anyway? That would take you to probably the end year at earliest since you reserved a bit later and I'm assuming you're not a Tesla owner.

Living in Western Mass, wouldn't you want to wait for the AWD version anyway? That would take you to probably the end year at earliest since you reserved a bit later and I'm assuming you're not a Tesla owner.

Well, honestly, the only time I care is when, like today, I motored up a steep, snowy hill to my workplace in Vermont. I've never had AWD, and my Prius is my first FWD. Maybe I'll regret it later, but I'm totally fine with RWD! I kind of miss steering into a skid now and then. :)

I am indeed not an owner. Hard to predict this stuff. My inclination is to try to stick it out with my Prius. Hopefully you'll never see me stranded by I-91 in your fair state in the meantime...

Last edited:

200k is not that many miles for a Prius.