Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:cool:
autotwb2600.png

• Funny
Reactions: abasile
Distinguished scientists elected as Fellows and Foreign Members of the Royal Society
09 May 2018

Fellow of the Royal Society
"Elon Musk is an internationally renowned engineer, inventor, entrepreneur and is an inspiration to scientists, innovators and thinkers worldwide. He has galvanized true ambition and a spirit of adventure to change the world in the fields of space travel, sustainable electric transportation, solar power, low-cost internet satellites and hypersonic ground transportation. His vision extends to securing the future of humankind in colonizing Mars."
Links: Distinguished scientists elected as Fellows and Foreign Members of the Royal Society Elon Musk

Does EM know that there are women in this world who aren't entertainers? Don't get me wrong, actresses are cute and all that, but if he's looking for somebody that shares his interests, he's fishing for salmon in a sandbox.

This particular entertainer seems to be a bit smarter than most. Look up her bio, she isn’t just a singer, she writes, composes, produces music and vids. At least EM is now gravitating towards towards women with their own busy careers. He’s busy, they’re busy, it works out better.

• Love
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
This particular entertainer seems to be a bit smarter than most. Look up her bio, she isn’t just a singer, she writes, composes, produces music and vids. At least EM is now gravitating towards towards women with their own busy careers. He’s busy, they’re busy, it works out better.

She may well be; there might be the odd fish in the sandbox. But there are a lot of brilliant and busy women who are in the professions, and even in the tech field. There are doctors, lawyers, engineers, finance people, whatever.... and they would seem to be more in common with him then this endless stream of entertainers. Whatever, I suppose.

Reactions: FlatSix911
She may well be; there might be the odd fish in the sandbox. But there are a lot of brilliant and busy women who are in the professions, and even in the tech field. There are doctors, lawyers, engineers, finance people, whatever.... and they would seem to be more in common with him then this endless stream of entertainers. Whatever, I suppose.

Elon has an artistic side to him. And he absolutely needs a counterpoint to working with engineers since that’s what he does 90% of the time!

Does EM know that there are women in this world who aren't entertainers? Don't get me wrong, actresses are cute and all that, but if he's looking for somebody that shares his interests, he's fishing for salmon in a sandbox.

Claire "Grimes" Boucher attended McGill "Harvard of Canada" University. She left before graduating to start her career. Kind of how Musk left Stanford.

She made the same AI-Baroque pun as Musk. Three years before Musk thought of it.

Yeah, whatever.

• Love
Claire "Grimes" Boucher attended McGill "Harvard of Canada" University. She left before graduating to start her career. Kind of how Musk left Stanford.

She made the same AI-Baroque pun as Musk. Three years before Musk thought of it.

Yeah, whatever.

:) McGill?!!! The Harvard of Canada?!!!! :) Choke. That's not how I would describe it.

I suppose it does tend to be the school most favoured by the pretentious, low information blowhards that we Canadians have put into elected office - mostly just those from Quebec. Maybe that's similarity to Harvard? As far as a solid technical school, no... there are far better options.

Musk went to Queen's in Kingston... generally a much better technical school. And he graduated before looking to Stanford to a PhD.

I digress.

• Love
:) McGill?!!! The Harvard of Canada?!!!! :) Choke. That's not how I would describe it.

I suppose it does tend to be the school most favoured by the pretentious, low information blowhards that we Canadians have put into elected office - mostly just those from Quebec. Maybe that's similarity to Harvard? As far as a solid technical school, no... there are far better options.

Musk went to Queen's in Kingston... generally a much better technical school. And he graduated before looking to Stanford to a PhD.

I digress.
Having spent over a year in Kingston I must say that Queen's University is the only university I know of that takes perfectly normal people and turn them into conceited arrogant aholes. "I'm better than you, I went to Queens." Also in Kingston is the Royal Military College which has for over a century churned out the worst officers in the Canadian Armed Forces.

I've seen videos of her playing two different keyboards, holding a mike, and singing all at the same time.

As far as a solid technical school, no... there are far better options.

There are far better technical American schools than Harvard.

MIT and Cal Tech. The Army,Navy, and Air Force Academies. For undergrads add Harvey Mudd and Cooper Union.

I mentioned Musk attended Stanford(for about a week).

I never said Harvard or McGill had the best engineering or physics program.

There are far better technical American schools than Harvard.

MIT and Cal Tech. The Army,Navy, and Air Force Academies. For undergrads add Harvey Mudd and Cooper Union.

I mentioned Musk attended Stanford(for about a week).

I never said Harvard or McGill had the best engineering or physics program.
Americancentric much? Remember, at the time Musk was a South African/Canadian duo citizen.

Actually, I'm the only Canadian in my family. All the rest are Americans.

You mentioned the military institutions of the US, as if Musk could get into them as a non-American.

1) Many Americans are Anti-American. So too Canadians.

2) No, I did not. I mentioned the Academies as superior technical schools to Harvard.

3) You don't have to be an American citizen to attend a US Military Academy. Many NATO country citizens do so including Canada.

Admissions

To apply for admission to West Point, contact the U.S. Defense Attaché Office at the American Embassy in your country. This office serves as the link between the student, the host nation and the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.

Applying to West Point takes more time than applying to other colleges. Don’t wait until deadlines are looming and it’s too late to meet them. You will continuously update it over the course of the following year. Print the Application Timeline and use it as a guide through the process - USMA Application Timeline.

The application process for international students is essentially the same as that for U.S. citizens, with a few key differences. General requirements include:

• Be sponsored by a national-level government official.
  • Be between the ages of 17 and 22.
  • Not be married or pregnant, or have any legal obligation to support children.
Up to 60 international cadets may study at West Point at any given time. Eligible countries are selected on an annual basis by the U.S. State Department and the U.S. Department of Defense. The American embassies notify invited nations to nominate up to six candidates per country to compete for admission to West Point.

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.