Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Standard talk however with interesting Q&A.

Just a shortly mentioned point: regarding ultra capacitors, he seems to start being confident in their future, rather than just believing in a possibility.

Another one: he wants to work on publishing the hyperloop concept once Tesla reaches a steady state of production. It sounded to me like he expects the concept will be challenged, and that he will need to respond to those challenges.

99 cents!
,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-53,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Elon Musk: Biography of the Mastermind Behind Paypal, SpaceX, and Tesla Motors [Kindle Edition]

ABOUT THE BOOK

Elon Musk is primarily known for the part he played in founding the widely known electronic money transfer site Paypal. Though the company been the subject of several controversies, it remains the most trusted medium for Internet commerce. These days, Musk applies the same imagination and ability to innovate that he used to make PayPal a success to his leadership of Tesla Motors, of which he is presently chairman. The small automobile manufacturer appears to be on the brink of major breakthroughs the industry, seeking to create usable, practical electric cars that can truly compete with gasoline-powered vehicles. Musk, an engineer, has played an integral part in the development of the company's flagship vehicle, the Tesla Roadster.

Wow, I thought Elon would be an easy pick for the 2012 Time Magazine Person of the Year. Instead, he isn't even on the long list. Among those that were nominated:

Ai Weiwei - Chinese artist
Felix Baumgartner - Skydiver
Joe Biden
Stephen Colbert
Tim Cook
Gabrielle Douglas - Gymnast
Mo Farah - British Track Athlete
Sandra Fluke - Birth control activist
Roger Goodell - NFL commissioner
The Higgs Boson (Person???)
E.L. James - Author of '50 Shades of Grey'
Jay-Z - Rapper
The Mars Rover (again, Person???)
Marissa Mayer - Yahoo! CEO
Michael Phelps - Swimmer
Psy - Korean rapper
Pussy Riot - Russian punk rock band
Jon Stewart
Undocumented Immigrants
Malala Yousafzai - Pakastani blogger

Such a bad list it could make Time irrelevant! Oh, wait.........
I just watched...oh wait , listened to the Radio Mystery Theater ' Through the looking Glass' Episode - http://www.oldtimeradiofans.com/template2.php?show_name=CBS%20Radio%20Mystery%20Theater&title=Through%20the%20Looking%20Glass&size=10.00%20MB&file=CBSRMT%20750417%20(0258)%2032-22%2044m03s%20Through%20the%20Looking%20Glass.mp3&description=CBSRMT%20from%20April%2017,%201975.%20%20One%20of%20my%20favorite%20radio%20mystery%20theater%20shows!&dir=cbs_radio_mystery_theater

which is awesome, by the way, and highly recommended to many people here (read: everyone!)

Cliff version - world is destroyed but time traveler w/ solar engine goes back to 1970? to fix what we've done

I think I'm glad I broke my projector finally (classic radio shows are much better w/ out a picture than most of the crap these days)

I think Elon might be from the future after listening to this one

Wow, I thought Elon would be an easy pick for the 2012 Time Magazine Person of the Year. Instead, he isn't even on the long list. Among those that were nominated:

Ai Weiwei - Chinese artist
Felix Baumgartner - Skydiver
Joe Biden
Stephen Colbert
Tim Cook
Gabrielle Douglas - Gymnast
Mo Farah - British Track Athlete
Sandra Fluke - Birth control activist
Roger Goodell - NFL commissioner
The Higgs Boson (Person???)
E.L. James - Author of '50 Shades of Grey'
Jay-Z - Rapper
The Mars Rover (again, Person???)
Marissa Mayer - Yahoo! CEO
Michael Phelps - Swimmer
Psy - Korean rapper
Pussy Riot - Russian punk rock band
Jon Stewart
Undocumented Immigrants
Malala Yousafzai - Pakastani blogger
It's Time magazine. My money is on "Undocumented immigrants." The tip-off is that they didn't say "illegal".

Further, about half the candidates make me want to release my dinner the wrong direction. Sad commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.