Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is about as non-political an op-ed piece one can find from a regular columnist 6 weeks before election day. This is Brooks' way of basically saying that he won't even try to persuade on Romney's behalf, and is just going to talk about random stuff so he can avoid trying to defend the indefensible (i.e., the Romney campaign). Other than his last column, which ripped Romney pretty good, he hasn't been writing too much about the campaign, which probably means he can't stand Romney even though he's theoretically supposed to support him.

I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing that he said the Model S is $55,000 (people may be shocked when they see the actual price), but devoting basically an entire column to how awesome Elon Musk is should be of enormous benefit to Tesla (and his other ventures).

I'm only half way through this, and it's already one of the most interesting, if not, the most interesting article I've seen on Elon:

Elon Musk Interview - Elon Musk SpaceX Interview - Esquire

What a read! Thanks!

Elon's not a demigod and has his foibles much like Steve Jobs did. But, the drive to make these seemingly-impossible things happen is in itself remarkable; I'm glad that I'm along for the ride in a small way. Also glad that he has Talulah watching over him now.

Perhaps a fixation on building things out of aluminum.
Along with the cars and rockets, he has been floating the idea of building modular stacked highways out of aluminum.
If he doesn't already, perhaps he should have some money in aluminum futures since his companies seem to require lots of it.

My parents-in-law recently got a divorce this year. They are still living together. Never happier - now that the ties of $$ are out of the way. Its not how I roll, but different strokes for different folks. I'm sure Elon and Talulah's divorce removed some tension that was there between them. If it helps them in the relationship, then maybe it was a good thing. It's funny though how different everyone is.

As long as we are speculating on the guy's personal life, how did he go from the 2000 Paypal photo in that article, where he was a poster boy for male pattern baldness, to 2012 where he has plenty of nice-looking hair and only a mildly high hairline? Miracle drugs, implants, a billionaire's hairpiece? Or is this some *other* secret he has brought back from the future, as per his sibling's comments on the genesis of his other inspirations?

If so, I hope he shares that next. Best car in the world, and my full head of hair back...midlife crisis: RESOLVED!

NOMB, but I cannot recall if Revenge mentioned if his first wife has custody as you'd expect?

Do his 5 kids live with him or her?

Usual visitation?

And child support ... holy crap. In Illinois it's what 23% for the first, 28% for two. How many for 5? In California?

His income has to be substantial; based on $4.5M settlement to Talulah ... plus keeping wifey #1. Amazed he has anything left over even being a (paper) billionaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.