Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any cause for alarm regarding the future of Tesla and thus the future of our vehicles with Elon’s decent into right wing authoritarian and Q madness?
Well, if he’s willing to not pay promised severance and stop paying rent on a building that is still occupied, he may be willing to try to minimize reasonable warranty work on the cars. Oh, wait.

... I’d say the Genesis EV has more Tech than any Tesla out right now.

Actually, the Genesis EV has no technology at all because it doesn't exist yet. Google says they plan to start selling it in 2025. If you want an EV now, Genesis is not an option.

And as we've seen with "FSD" it's easy for a car maker to promise all sorts of fancy technology, specs, and appealing prices, but until it actually exists, and we can actually buy it, it's all just vaporware. We have no way of knowing whether the Genesis EV will ever exist. And given the track record of companies announcing future EVs, it probably won't. Before Tesla there were Zapcars, ZENN, backyard DIY conversions, and a bunch of golf-cart companies. At present only Tesla and Nissan are making EVs in large numbers, though I do expect the other big carmakers to ramp up eventually. Any given new startup car company has about a one in twenty-five chance of ever building a car, and about one chance in a hundred of ever getting to mass market.

I call bullfeathers on Genesis. Why do people cite non-existent cars as being "better" than something that actually exists? My Tesla Model 3 is hands-down the best car I've ever owned. (The Roadster had more acceleration, but was impractical, uncomfortable, and hard to get in and out of. I loved it, but the 3 is better overall.)

• Funny
Reactions: T3SLAROD
Actually, the Genesis EV has no technology at all because it doesn't exist yet. Google says they plan to start selling it in 2025. If you want an EV now, Genesis is not an option.

And as we've seen with "FSD" it's easy for a car maker to promise all sorts of fancy technology, specs, and appealing prices, but until it actually exists, and we can actually buy it, it's all just vaporware. We have no way of knowing whether the Genesis EV will ever exist. And given the track record of companies announcing future EVs, it probably won't. Before Tesla there were Zapcars, ZENN, backyard DIY conversions, and a bunch of golf-cart companies. At present only Tesla and Nissan are making EVs in large numbers, though I do expect the other big carmakers to ramp up eventually. Any given new startup car company has about a one in twenty-five chance of ever building a car, and about one chance in a hundred of ever getting to mass market.

I call bullfeathers on Genesis. Why do people cite non-existent cars as being "better" than something that actually exists? My Tesla Model 3 is hands-down the best car I've ever owned. (The Roadster had more acceleration, but was impractical, uncomfortable, and hard to get in and out of. I loved it, but the 3 is better overall.)

“Génesis EV” doesn’t exist…. Is this what is has come to Tesla Fans? Meanwhile they swear up and down that the CT exists …. Smh …..

You drove a Prius before, of course the Model 3 is the best car you’ve ever owned….

Reactions: mattjs33
“Génesis EV” doesn’t exist…. Is this what is has come to Tesla Fans? Meanwhile they swear up and down that the CT exists …. Smh …..

I don't know what CT is, so I've certainly never "sworn up and down" that it exists. Tell me where I can buy a Genesis EV today. You can't, because they don't sell them. They say they'll sell them in 2025, but if you believe that you're the most optimistic person I've ever heard of. My Tesla Model 3 exists. It's my daily driver. It runs on solar power from the PV panels on the roof of my house. The EAP driver-assist features exist in my car and work flawlessly and I use them every day. I've read about phantom breaking, but I have not experienced it in a couple of years, as AP/EAP are getting better with OTA updates. Really, the only bad thing about my car is that they've made the user interface worse. I can never find the tire pressure when I want to check it and it's hard to change the windshield wiper setting. When I got my state-mandated safety check recently I had to ask the guy doing the inspection how to find my odometer reading, and I had to search to find the button to open the glove compartment.

Tesla cars exist and you can buy one today. Genesis EVs might exist someday, but I doubt it, and you cannot buy one now. At least I could not find out any place they were being sold.

You drove a Prius before, of course the Model 3 is the best car you’ve ever owned….

The Prius was amazing technology in its day, but it was much less comfortable. I had a sore back after every long road trip. It had weak acceleration. Better than the Honda Civic that preceded it, but much less than the Model 3. It handled well, but not like the 3. And of course it burned gasoline and needed regular oil changes. The Prius was actually the best car I'd ever driven until the Tesla. It was clean, but not as clean as electric; it was efficient, but not as efficient as electric. And of course I could not charge it from clean solar power.

In fact, of all the cars you can actually buy today, that can be charged from clean solar, Tesla is far, far better than any of the others.

I don't know what CT is, so I've certainly never "sworn up and down" that it exists. Tell me where I can buy a Genesis EV today. You can't, because they don't sell them. They say they'll sell them in 2025, but if you believe that you're the most optimistic person I've ever heard of. My Tesla Model 3 exists. It's my daily driver. It runs on solar power from the PV panels on the roof of my house. The EAP driver-assist features exist in my car and work flawlessly and I use them every day. I've read about phantom breaking, but I have not experienced it in a couple of years, as AP/EAP are getting better with OTA updates. Really, the only bad thing about my car is that they've made the user interface worse. I can never find the tire pressure when I want to check it and it's hard to change the windshield wiper setting. When I got my state-mandated safety check recently I had to ask the guy doing the inspection how to find my odometer reading, and I had to search to find the button to open the glove compartment.

Tesla cars exist and you can buy one today. Genesis EVs might exist someday, but I doubt it, and you cannot buy one now. At least I could not find out any place they were being sold.

The Prius was amazing technology in its day, but it was much less comfortable. I had a sore back after every long road trip. It had weak acceleration. Better than the Honda Civic that preceded it, but much less than the Model 3. It handled well, but not like the 3. And of course it burned gasoline and needed regular oil changes. The Prius was actually the best car I'd ever driven until the Tesla. It was clean, but not as clean as electric; it was efficient, but not as efficient as electric. And of course I could not charge it from clean solar power.

In fact, of all the cars you can actually buy today, that can be charged from clean solar, Tesla is far, far better than any of the others.

I just posted one for sale…. I’m sure you did not click the link. Yes you can buy them today right now as we speak….smh

"In fact" ... you mean "In my opinion"

The old Ford vs Chevy debate used to be fun because it was mostly in jest and people knew it always boiled down to different strokes for different folks. Same with the F150 vs Ram ribbing. Fun stuff.

But Tesla's and Elon's advocates (stans?) are next level arrogant about Tesla being superior. IMO it's not fun any more...

Go check out a Lucid Air, BMW IX, Merc EQS, e-tron GT, or if you want an affordable ride, a Chevy Bolt or Leaf. They're all pretty good alternatives for people willing to open their eyes a bit and look at competitors objectively. The owners of those cars are happy with them, just like you're happy with your Tesla. And yes, you can actually buy these cars today.

The second and fourth I’ll agree with but the rest are either overpriced, obsolete trash or both.

And that’s before you even get to the charging networks.

You can't supercharge with "clean solar" per se. Daniel wants the suds from his rooftop solar array to feed into his EV. Which should mean he's doing charging at home. Or else he wouldn't really know where the energy was coming from.

PS, the Energy Subforum has a discussion around tools like Charge HQ or smart solar-inverter/EVSE combos that allow an EV to charge with excess solar generation instead of pushing that energy to The Grid. Makes it so you're as self-reliant on your rooftop solar energy as possible. This stops the lame argument some anti-EV-ers use where they claim dirty azz grid energy results in dirty azz EV charging.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
The second and fourth I’ll agree with but the rest are either overpriced, obsolete trash or both.

And that’s before you even get to the charging networks.
Tesla has moved beyond early adopter stage for sure now and the supercharger network is a huge differentiator... but a $55k Model Y in 2021 vs. a $70k+ Model Y in 2023 without radar and without sensors and more competition out there would make today's decision a bit more challenging. and brand has taken a hit for sure. I expect potential Model 3 and Model Y buyers to look around and market share (as expected already) to drop a bit more than it needed to, but hey... richest man in the world.

"In fact" ... you mean "In my opinion"

The old Ford vs Chevy debate used to be fun because it was mostly in jest and people knew it always boiled down to different strokes for different folks. Same with the F150 vs Ram ribbing. Fun stuff.

But Tesla's and Elon's advocates (stans?) are next level arrogant about Tesla being superior. IMO it's not fun any more...

Go check out a Lucid Air, BMW IX, Merc EQS, e-tron GT, or if you want an affordable ride, a Chevy Bolt or Leaf. They're all pretty good alternatives for people willing to open their eyes a bit and look at competitors objectively. The owners of those cars are happy with them, just like you're happy with your Tesla. And yes, you can actually buy these cars today.

I rented a Leaf while my car was being repaired after it was bumped from behind at a stop sign. The Leaf was a very nice car. I'd value it at about half a base-level Model 3. The Chevy Bolt, I believe is not currently available because they've all been recalled due to being crap. I don't know about the others.

Maybe I'm missing something but I test drove a Genesis GV60 not long ago. It exists and I can buy it. What isn't for sale?

Sorry about that. I went to their web site and tried to find one, just out of curiosity. The web site wouldn't show me anything until I gave my zip code. Not surprisingly, it told me that my zip code was "not a valid zip code." I knew they wouldn't be selling them here. So I put in a Los Angeles zip code and then a Spokane zip code, and then a couple of zip codes at random. Every one I tried, the Genesis website told me was "not a valid zip code." So I fell back to a quick Google search which said that Genesis expected to start selling the car in 2025.

Still, if you cannot buy the car in L.A. or Spokane or any of the random zip codes I tried, it must not be very widely available.

But I stand corrected that it's available somewhere.

I notice that they seem to show both gas cars and EVs. I assumed that their currently-available cars were the gas ones. BTW, this is the first time I've ever even heard of the company. I'd want to see reviews from sources I trust before buying anything from a company I'd never heard of.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Status
Not open for further replies.