Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rented a Leaf while my car was being repaired after it was bumped from behind at a stop sign. The Leaf was a very nice car. I'd value it at about half a base-level Model 3. The Chevy Bolt, I believe is not currently available because they've all been recalled due to being crap. I don't know about the others.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I rented a Leaf while my car was being repaired after it was bumped from behind at a stop sign. The Leaf was a very nice car. I'd value it at about half a base-level Model 3. The Chevy Bolt, I believe is not currently available because they've all been recalled due to being crap. I don't know about the others.

Sorry about that. I went to their web site and tried to find one, just out of curiosity. The web site wouldn't show me anything until I gave my zip code. Not surprisingly, it told me that my zip code was "not a valid zip code." I knew they wouldn't be selling them here. So I put in a Los Angeles zip code and then a Spokane zip code, and then a couple of zip codes at random. Every one I tried, the Genesis website told me was "not a valid zip code." So I fell back to a quick Google search which said that Genesis expected to start selling the car in 2025.

Still, if you cannot buy the car in L.A. or Spokane or any of the random zip codes I tried, it must not be very widely available.

But I stand corrected that it's available somewhere.

I notice that they seem to show both gas cars and EVs. I assumed that their currently-available cars were the gas ones. BTW, this is the first time I've ever even heard of the company. I'd want to see reviews from sources I trust before buying anything from a company I'd never heard of.

The one I showed you for sale is in Corona. Come on man….

As far as company you’ve never heard of it’s from Hyundai, this is their Luxury brand.

The one I showed you for sale is in Corona. Come on man….

As far as company you’ve never heard of it’s from Hyundai, this is their Luxury brand.

I've been told by people in LA that anything in Anaheim or East of Anaheim isn't LA and they pretend it doesn't exist in SoCal. But I'm also a NorCal idiot who is very gullible I guess.

Sorry about that. I went to their web site and tried to find one, just out of curiosity. The web site wouldn't show me anything until I gave my zip code. Not surprisingly, it told me that my zip code was "not a valid zip code." I knew they wouldn't be selling them here. So I put in a Los Angeles zip code and then a Spokane zip code, and then a couple of zip codes at random. Every one I tried, the Genesis website told me was "not a valid zip code." So I fell back to a quick Google search which said that Genesis expected to start selling the car in 2025.

Still, if you cannot buy the car in L.A. or Spokane or any of the random zip codes I tried, it must not be very widely available.

But I stand corrected that it's available somewhere.

I notice that they seem to show both gas cars and EVs. I assumed that their currently-available cars were the gas ones. BTW, this is the first time I've ever even heard of the company. I'd want to see reviews from sources I trust before buying anything from a company I'd never heard of.
I found it available in both in LA and Spokane. But yes, it is just getting ramped up and is subject to the usual supply chain issues.

• Informative
It is, by the way, a very nice car.

Lol Daniel is probably frantically reading stuff on line that shows the MYP is the far superior car. Probably going to load some Munro videos about the castings too. Since Tesla is "in fact ... far superior" anything to the contrary must be fake news and biased reporting. Probably some woke-ness?

Why am I touting Genesis on a freaking Tesla forum? I suck.

Maybe I'm missing something but I test drove a Genesis GV60 not long ago. It exists and I can buy it. What isn't for sale?

I went to the Genesis website and when I click on "Build" for the GV60 a box pops up saying that the car is only available in select Arizona, California, Connecticut, New Jersey, Nevada, New York, Utah, and Washington locations. Probably only major cities in those states.

At the moment it's limited availability. They are probably ramping production.

Elon Musk sold 21,995,000 shares of $TSLA Monday through Wednesday, worth ~$3.58B, according to a new Form 4 filing tonight. Earlier this year Elon said he wouldn't sell Tesla shares anymore so I guess he didnt keep his word. Wonder if this will drive the stock down any further once the media gets ahold of this story

It's probably been contributing to the drop. With Twitter having less income and $100 million a month in loan interest, he's probably running low on cash.

• Informative
I went to the Genesis website and when I click on "Build" for the GV60 a box pops up saying that the car is only available in select Arizona, California, Connecticut, New Jersey, Nevada, New York, Utah, and Washington locations. Probably only major cities in those states.

At the moment it's limited availability. They are probably ramping production.

It's probably been contributing to the drop. With Twitter having less income and $100 million a month in loan interest, he's probably running low on cash.
I really really love my Plaid but it’s time Elon suspends his own twitter account. He’s taken the poison pill.

That's what's called a dog whistle. For people who know the context, it's a very clear message. For everyone else it's just an odd thing that flies below the radar.

Yep. Those that want to hear it will follow along. And those that want to play it off as nothing will simply feign ignorance to any deeper meeting. Maybe I'm way out of touch, but I feel like in the past decade politics evolved from a bunch of stodgy people lying on a podium during CSPAN into a bunch of edgy memelords lying on Twitter. I could ignore CSPAN before, but I can't seem to ignore today's politics because they're so goddamn prominent.

I know the CEO of Home Depot probably sucks or the Koch brothers probably suck. But they're not laying their suck in my face all the time. Trump popularized doing a bunch of stupid shenanigans on Twitter, and Elon picked up the baton.

It's like an inside joke, but has much more serious consequences. For example with Rand Paul and Green's "Fire Fauci" trope, the politicians could simply say they was after Fauci's job and looking out for American interests. So these conservatives will gaslight anyone who hears the whistle and calls it out as a negative.

But we know the far/alt Right took this as a signal to "kindle the crazies" as Fauci called it. The whistle intentionaly brought out minions to attack "the enemy" as an anti-American who was working against American interests. When Fauci told Congress that the "Fire Fauci" language was triggering folks and putting his family in jeopardy; the Right didn't care.

So yeah, some people like Musk's dog whistles and obviously some people don't. Musk isn't an idiot; he's sowing these seeds of division for his own personal gain/entertainment. Why would any of Tesla's customers want to keep financing and encouraging this behavior?

Yep. Those that want to hear it will follow along. And those that want to play it off as nothing will simply feign ignorance to any deeper meeting. Maybe I'm way out of touch, but I feel like in the past decade politics evolved from a bunch of stodgy people lying on a podium during CSPAN into a bunch of edgy memelords lying on Twitter. I could ignore CSPAN before, but I can't seem to ignore today's politics because they're so goddamn prominent.

I know the CEO of Home Depot probably sucks or the Koch brothers probably suck. But they're not laying their suck in my face all the time. Trump popularized doing a bunch of stupid shenanigans on Twitter, and Elon picked up the baton.

It's like an inside joke, but has much more serious consequences. For example with Rand Paul and Green's "Fire Fauci" trope, the politicians could simply say they was after Fauci's job and looking out for American interests. So these conservatives will gaslight anyone who hears the whistle and calls it out as a negative.

But we know the far/alt Right took this as a signal to "kindle the crazies" as Fauci called it. The whistle intentionaly brought out minions to attack "the enemy" as an anti-American who was working against American interests. When Fauci told Congress that the "Fire Fauci" language was triggering folks and putting his family in jeopardy; the Right didn't care.

So yeah, some people like Musk's dog whistles and obviously some people don't. Musk isn't an idiot; he's sowing these seeds of division for his own personal gain/entertainment. Why would any of Tesla's customers want to keep financing and encouraging this behavior?
Shareholder action is coming. Stock is plummeting for this reason and no other. It would be self-immolation if he wasn't taking so many people along with him. What all this has to do with making and selling cars and building and flying rockets the world will never know. It just seems like Charlie Sheen on a bender, doesn't it? #winning

Shareholder action is coming. Stock is plummeting for this reason and no other. It would be self-immolation if he wasn't taking so many people along with him. What all this has to do with making and selling cars and building and flying rockets the world will never know. It just seems like Charlie Sheen on a bender, doesn't it? #winning

There are other reasons the stock has taken a hit. The entire market has been on a downward trend because the Fed has been raising interest rates. People are also jittery about inflation, which is getting better, but is still high.

Tesla has been performing especially bad compared to the rest of the market and that is on Elon's head.

Anyone want to go on Twitter and call out Musk for making a short, 48 minute trip (and expelling climate-changing emissions) on his private jet? Caution, your account could be banned for exercising your free speech. :eek:

Twitter suspends Elon Musk jet tracker account, despite billionaire's 'free speech' pledge

The @ElonJet account, run by Jack Sweeney, a 20-year-old Florida college student, used publicly available flight tracking information to build a Twitter bot that tweeted every time Musk's Gulfstream took off and landed at an airport. The last post from the account prior to the suspension showed Musk's jet taking off from Oakland, California, on Monday and landing in Los Angeles 48 minutes later.

Status
Not open for further replies.