Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As we get closer to the Oct 1st re-debut of the Model S we will see more press on Tesla as they make themselves available for interviews.

And you get fluff pieces like this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/elon...-kids-are-too-soft-to-be-entrepreneurs-2011-9

Definitely off-message, definitely has a good point. I have spent a fair amount of time working with technology assists for kids with dsylexia & other challenges - the interesting thing is that a larger number than the general population go on to be successful entrepreneurs. The theory (and one that I totally subscribe to) is that those who have to learn how to scramble/adapt/flex to make it through the day are more likely to make their own rules in life, including career choices.

Streetsblog Los Angeles Schwarzenegger Proposes Making the 405 a Double Decker Freeway

...“This is why it is so important because we have this bumper-to-bumper traffic to go and build an extra lane and build out the 405 freeway,” Schwarzenegger said at a news conference at a Caltrans construction yard along Mulholland Drive. “And hopefully, eventually, we will build on top of the 405 Freeway because I think we need another freeway on top of the existing one.” ...

I assume they mean pre-fab metal sections that can be stacked over the existing freeway without having to widen it. Like they do on double decker bridges where top and bottom flow in different directions.
kota-double-decker-bridge-image.jpg

Time to buy aluminum stock?

Hopefully aluminum structures would be more earthquake safe than cement...
Cypress Street Viaduct - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4422217694_cce6623e73.jpg

Last edited:
Very friendly article pointed out on the Tesla Facebook page:

WSJ: Shooting for the Stars - Oct 28, 2011

It's one thing to imagine a spaceship, another to see, a few steps away from Musk's desk, the Dragon capsule scorched from its fiery descent from space. His company, SpaceX, built the Dragon and it blasted off on its first try in December 2010, orbited the earth and plopped down into the Pacific Ocean, and now here it is.

Musk launched SpaceX in 2002 and built and designed his own engines from scratch. "I'm head engineer and chief designer as well as CEO, so I don't have to cave to some money guy," he says. He launched his rocket with a team of eight in the control room, instead of dozens. The result: He's offering to send a 10,000-pound payload to geosynchronous orbit for $60 million (compared to an industry standard many tens of millions higher).

To put it simply, Musk is dreaming bigger and further into the future than anyone else out there, and he's putting his money where his mouth is. Just three years ago his first three rockets had failed and Tesla was nearly bankrupt. Instead of retrenching, he fired Tesla's CEO, took on the role himself and poured his remaining cash—some $75 million in all—into the company. Today SpaceX is profitable, and SolarCity, he says, is "cash positive." (He says Tesla will be too, once the new model is out.)

Status
Not open for further replies.