Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the mess in Twitter and his crazy tweets to employees with ultimatums , one Twitter post called him an "infant Tyrant"
In the old days, robber barons would make their fortunes hurting many people, then turn into philanthropists and leave a lasting positive impact on the world around them.

Like so many things, Elon is flipping that on its head. He made a fortune building useful things that helped many people. Now he's moving on to spending it for harm and suffering...

The dude won. He's the wealthiest and most successful person in the history of history. And not just that, but his success was built on cool stuff that helps society.

Why is that not enough for him? Why does he have to be such a jerk?
Why destroy the morale at Tesla, SpaceX, and Twitter, while embarrassing every Tesla owner and devastating every TSLA shareholder? For what?

That said, it's interesting to see the MAGAGAGAs praising him. They don't care about the cars or space stuff or even letting Trump back on Twitter. They're just excited to see a maniacal billionaire creating the most hostile work environment possible. Because, uh, that's a good thing?

while embarrassing every Tesla owner and devastating every TSLA shareholder? For what?
I’m quite proud of my Tesla and last I checked I’m still up on shares.

Many will attest to the same: Likely more than the opposite. By all means though dump your Tesla and TSLA at a loss to get back at EM, that will show him!

• Funny
Reactions: Nathan and heavyD
I’m quite proud of my Tesla and last I checked I’m still up on shares.

Cool. I hope your boss fires half of your colleagues on Monday and threatens to also fire you unless you drastically increase your productivity enough to make up for their absence, and then some, for the rest of your career.
Assuming that's what you want.

I am glad he got the ball rolling with EV's in a much larger way. I love my car and am not selling. I guess my little act of "protest" is that when the installer put PPF on the front, I did not put the Tesla T back on, but that is also because I like the clean look without it on my model Y.

I am also glad that by the time my wife turns in her car, as she rarely drives much and her car is new enough it makes more sense to wait a few years, there will be lots of options. And some of this Elon stuff will have shaken out by then.

And I do wish he would just shut up. And am glad I never really followed twitter to start with, and went there only to read some informative threads. And just ignored all the inflammatory stuff. Will continue to ignore that stuff, and probably Twitter in general now.

Well, as Elon said, spending money to "Own the libs" is expensive, but apparently worth it.

This mentality is just so bizarre. Why are people so triggered by the suggestion that maybe things like racism, homophobia, and sociopathy are not good qualities? I can't think of any other time in history when huge swaths of the population completely abandoned any sense of morality and embraced/defended these behaviors simply because a politician told them to.

Well, except for that time. Oh, and the other time, and maybe a few more instances. Nevermind, I guess I answered my own question.

Tesla has conservative's who own their cars and like them, but it's mostly the liberals who are the most ardent supporters of the company and probably go the furthest selling their cars to other people. Not just owners, but fans of the company.

Ticking off and bragging about ticking off the most ardent supporters of one of your companies is very bad business. To protect the company Elon needs to removed. He's hurting the brand.

Like the trivia about Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, etc. dropping out of college, it used to be fun trivia that Elon Musk had been fired from most of the roles he is credited with:
- In 1996 Musk was fired from Zip2, the company he started with his brother using their father's money.
- In 2000 Musk was fired from PayPal, the company he acquired with Zip2 and X.com proceeds.
- In 2018 Musk was fired from Tesla for committing securities fraud, after acquiring the company with PayPal proceeds.

Now that he has acquired Twitter with Tesla proceeds, he will almost certainly be fired. But it's not "fun trivia" anymore. It's really damaging to society. He has clearly cracked, whilst simultaneously acquiring the world's largest megaphone. If you thought Roger Ailes, Donald Trump or Rupert Murdoch were bad people with oversized megaphones, you ain't seen nothing yet. The world will be forever damaged by Musk.

The thing I find hilarious/sad about people defending him right now is they keep ignoring the simple numbers.

An apolitical CEO is going to sell much more shares and cars than an extremely political CEO. You no longer can sell to 100% of the market as a political CEO bc some people are going to automatically say no to your products and shares regardless of value.

We as shareholders are in a very bad spot right now and there's not much we can do but hope for the better and my hope is that means new CEO. Elon has caused permanent damage to his brand with his behavior.

You can definitely understand why Tesla has made so many questionable decisions over the years like removing the ultrasonic sensors without having a solution. Seems like he just makes decisions on a whim and expects his employees and consumers to deal with the hardships. It does seem at this point that Tesla would probably be better off with someone else steering the ship. Someone that's a bit more focussed on the future of the company.

Tesla has conservative's who own their cars and like them, but it's mostly the liberals who are the most ardent supporters of the company and probably go the furthest selling their cars to other people. Not just owners, but fans of the company.

Ticking off and bragging about ticking off the most ardent supporters of one of your companies is very bad business. To protect the company Elon needs to removed. He's hurting the brand.
It's baffling that he's willing to insult his customers. Some of my neighbors are saying they won't buy a Tesla again because of his behavior around Twitter. The sooner he can get out of the headlines swirling around Twitter, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.