Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t he say he wouldn’t be doing autographs anymore?
That was on the street - secured venue where people have been searched vs US street - big difference. Plus he naturally wants to do them (from past behaviour), it's just unwise to dwell somewhere dodgy - his security team look more nervous nowadays. Lots of crazies getting the wrong end of the stick nowadays, being manipulated by bad actors, media, FUD, culture war-dependent careerists.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I did listen to Ross explain his position. He is mad that the stock is down, and he wants to prevent Elon from selling shares.

I want Elon to sell all his shares so that he can be kicked out as CEO and all his hand-picked cronies can be kicked off the board and the company can be run by people who are not completely bonkers.

Tesla's only problem right now is that having Musk associated with it is hurting sales. The company is solid, and makes the best cars on the road. I care more about the company than the stock price, even though I own shares, and getting rid of Musk would be good for the company.
if I'm not mistaken they continue to sell every vehicle they make

• Love
Not sure that's the case right now. They are going to miss their 2022 delivery targets and not due to supply constraints. When I purchased my M3P in March it was impossible to get a new model 3 or Y in a timely manner. Today there is 23 Model Y's available between Calgary and Edmonton for delivery to anyone that wants them.

Last edited:
Not sure that's the case right now. They are going to miss their 2022 delivery targets and not due to supply constraints. When I purchased my M3P in March it was impossible to get a new model 3 or Y in a timely manner. Today there is 23 Model Y's available between Calgary and Edmonton for delivery to anyone that wants them.
I don't want to play heavy semantics or anything. But I am not sure exactly that missing delivery estimates means they're not selling their cars. China has been having problems yes but if they are exporting more than domestic then there will be a lot in transit. This happened a couple years ago one quarter when delivery targets were missed by like 13k.

I don't want to play heavy semantics or anything. But I am not sure exactly that missing delivery estimates means they're not selling their cars. China has been having problems yes but if they are exporting more than domestic then there will be a lot in transit. This happened a couple years ago one quarter when delivery targets were missed by like 13k.
Model 3 sales are down over 50% in Europe. They are still selling their vehicles. Just not as fast as they used to as they are now readily available for purchase rather than all sold out of the factory.

• Funny

They are only able to move excess inventory via incentives. They are currently offering a $3750 discount on Model 3 and Y. They are also giving away 10,000 supercharger miles. A couple of months ago if you ordered an MY, you were looking at late spring or summer, today you can get the car as fast as they can move it from the storage lot. That's a huge change just since Elon took over Twitter. There are stories of massive cancellations of orders.

Tesla is currently not able to sell every car they make. They are able to move some of them through incentives, but public desire for the cars is a lot lower than it was a few months ago.

I think Tesla is going to have to transition away from a Tech Company to a Automobile Company to sustain its growth. Tech companies grow quickly at first because tech oriented bleeding edge customers support them and understand and are tolerant of the two steps forward and one step back progress. These are customers who purchase a 60K-150K and immediately add another 5-8K in accessories ( wraps, tints etc). Once this market becomes saturated a company must attract the everyday car buyer who is looking for a daily driver that simply works and requires no intervention. If their vehicle breaks they need to take it to the local dealer and have it back in a day or two. This portion of the vehicle market is the largest and most demanding and is absolutely necessary for continued growth. These customers don't follow the CEO's twitter account, acquisitions or attend delivery days. They go to a dealer, buy a car and expect to drive it. They are also unlikely to participate in forums such as this so I expect many here to disagree as they do not fall into this category.

Status
Not open for further replies.