Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. From the other reports I read, it seems quite amicable. She's getting $16M because of a pre-nup agreement. My initial fear when I read the headline was that Musk might have to sell stock to cover a divorce/alimony settlement and that could result in him losing control. However, reading into the articles, it appears that fear is completely unfounded.

She was a saint to be with Elon considering he had five young kids and worked like a demon. How many women, let alone beautiful, employable ones, would do that? I wish them both the best, and hope both find happiness.

Don't know how I ended on this thread, but I'll comment anyways. It must be hard on many levels to have 5 kids and try to build relationships and family (on whatever terms) while you and everyone knows you are working hard for humanity and specifically yourself to be able to do a very long (most possibly one way) trip in just a few years. I hope Elon is as active an architect of his mindfulness as he is of his other endeavors.

Don't know how I ended on this thread, but I'll comment anyways. It must be hard on many levels to have 5 kids and try to build relationships and family (on whatever terms) while you and everyone knows you are working hard for humanity and specifically yourself to be able to do a very long (most possibly one way) trip in just a few years. I hope Elon is as active an architect of his mindfulness as he is of his other endeavors.

I don't think he's planning on going on the first manned mission to Mars :)

He did say though the he could see himself lives the last part of his life there.

Interesting article in Wall Street Journal today about Tesla and Elon Musk. Some information I have not heard before.

Electric-Car Pioneer Elon Musk Charges Head-On at Detroit - WSJ

heard today that Elon is pretty pi...d about the article

I just read the article, and I can't imagine why Elon would be pist about it :biggrin: If anything, the WSJ, rightly or wrongly, has pretty much made Elon Musk out to be the heir of the Silicon Valley mantle once owned by Steve Jobs. The similarities between Musk and Jobs are a bit scary: both are (in the case of Jobs, were) brash, sometimes profane/offensive, have extreme attention to detail, aren't afraid to argue with their own engineers, and obsessed with creating a great product. People who work or worked for them describe a very high pressure environment.

Elon does seem to be nicer than Steve Jobs was, though. Over the years I've heard some crazy stories about Jobs (including one story I heard in-person from Wozniak himself) which painted a picture of Jobs as having something of a cruel streak. Elon may be crazy, but I always got the sense that he tries the best he can to be a good leader.

I worked for Tesla for 4+ years, including roles with direct-reporting to Elon. I have never commented on TMC or elsewhere about the internal workings of the company, but I feel that the Mike Ramsey article needs to be countered by someone with first-hand experience working for Elon. If an untruth goes unchallenged, it may as well be true, right?

Elon was demanding, yes, but it was always for the good of Tesla and our customers, pushing everyone to get to the best possible end-result **without compromise**. In all of my interactions with Elon, he was consistently a fair and reasonable boss. You always knew exactly where you stood, what was expected of you in particular, and the overall goal everyone was working towards. If you messed up, you knew exactly what you did wrong and exactly what you needed to do to fix the issue.

Tesla was (and I assume still is) a great place to work if you are the type that is willing to give it your all and then some. Elon was and is a great role model. He is living proof that the hard problems are worth the extra effort to tackle. America needs more CEOs like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.