Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From his previous posts it appears necho has EU Sig #4
And considering.CH and .NO will be the first countries where cars will be delivered this information, if correct, does not look very positive for EU customers waiting for delivery of their long awaited MS.
Also, I would suppose TM/Elon would blog/tweet whenever the first EU spec cars roll out the factory, since that would be a important milestone for the company. But no such thing was communicated so far, so I guess there are no finished EU cars just yet...

No Rumors and speculation! I spoke too Tesla yesterday, the cars have not been build. Start production not before July, hopely first or second week.
NO cars will go directly to NO. Others countrys will go to Tilburg (Netherlands) first, because the import in Europe will be parts.
At least 7 weeks for transportation.......

Not happy!

Since yesterday or so, the Tesla Shop in Zurich has more cars in the showroom. I didn't really see them well because I was in my car driving by, but they had a grey one for test drives before, now there is a dark one (blue?) and a red one (signature red?). At least the red one had Zurich number plates with a rather high number. These cars must come from somewhere......

Since yesterday or so, the Tesla Shop in Zurich has more cars in the showroom. I didn't really see them well because I was in my car driving by, but they had a grey one for test drives before, now there is a dark one (blue?) and a red one (signature red?). At least the red one had Zurich number plates with a rather high number. These cars must come from somewhere......

They are there since 2 weeks i think... the red is a mutli-coat red Performance plus and the other one was a Brown Performance with silver wheels... both of them are US spec cars with no Eu options

Those cars are probably US-spec.

No Rumors and speculation! I spoke too Tesla yesterday, the cars have not been build. Start production not before July, hopely first or second week.
NO cars will go directly to NO. Others countrys will go to Tilburg (Netherlands) first, because the import in Europe will be parts.
At least 7 weeks for transportation.......

Not happy!

Seems to contradicts what our norwegian friends have been told:
hugo | JUNE 21, 2013Got a nice fall from a Tesla rep this week : your Tesla (european model Sig Perf Plus) is being built:) transport will by train to the east cost and then by boat to Drammen, Norway. Cars should arrive late July and first delivery soon therafter.... Can't wait, plan to fly over from Stavanger to pick it up and drive Home

hi there
i had a talk with tesla store zurich last week.
i own the swiss reservation number #7 sig (+ roadster owner). they told me, that it will probably get august till i will get my car. :-/ (on my order it's written june/july). also heared, that they will still have not enough staff for all the deliverys, so if one of you guys need a summer job by tesla, please apply ;-).
thats the latest what i have heared.

raumgleiter

Swiss Tesla Owners Club - Home

they told me, that it will probably get august till i will get my car. :-/ (on my order it's written june/july). also heared, that they will still have not enough staff for all the deliverys
It's a shame :(... Everytime I talk to them, the delivery date is about 2 months away... a few weeks ago, they said that i will get the car in July. they told me recently that i could only expect delivery in august. originally, i got a delivery date in June!
And yes, they told me too that they don't have enough staff to get all the cars ready on time for the customers...
I got #217, so I guess i can wait until december or so... getting very disappointed

Well, a couple of weeks later does not matter too much in the grand scheme of things I guess. I'm only wondering why Tesla does not send out some information about it. I don't think it is too much to ask for. My delivery is also scheduled for June/July and I haven't heard anything from Tesla for months.

[...] I'm only wondering why Tesla does not send out some information about it. I don't think it is too much to ask for. My delivery is also scheduled for June/July and I haven't heard anything from Tesla for months.

Just for the Record:

So Tesla has been constantly moving the time frame for European Model S deliverys. So it's no wonder, that some people here, having paid up to 50k$ for their signature reservation 3 years ago are pissed off.

The least Tesla could do is to raise the level of transparency, so the future owners of the cars now what's really going on. I think it would be nice to know, when my car is going to be manufactured and, if its done, where the car currently is beeing shiped and what the status of that transport is.

Last edited:
Just for the Record:

So Tesla has been constantly moving the time frame for European Model S deliverys. So it's no wonder, that some people here, having paid up to 50k$ for their signature reservation 3 years ago are pissed off.

The least Tesla could do is to raise the level of transparency, so the future owners of the cars now what's really going on. I think it would be nice to know, when my car is going to be manufactured and, if its done, where the car currently is beeing shiped and what the status of that transport is.

Excellent summary linaser! The thing is, the same thing happened to US deliveries and one way to look at it is that this is a very optimistic company and some things are sadly beyond their control. However, I share your dislike for bombastic statements such as "no later than" or similar statements that to me sound almost like promises. "Scheduled to begin..." is more diplomatic and something we all can understand might change. I wonder to what degree our signed purchase agreements are legally binding? I know that I can't withdraw my purchase now, but if they miss their delivery date I think legally I would have no problem getting all of my money back (not that I would want to cancel).

In my paperwork it states (my translation from Norwegian)

at the top:
"The vehicle shall be delivered on or about: Aug 2013 - Sep 2013"

under "Scheduled delivery":
"The delivery team will contact you 30 days prior to the estimated delivery date to coordinate delivery of the vehicle. We will inform you once the vehicle is ready for delivery. Unless we have violated this contract, you have to accept delviery of the vehicle within 30 days after being informed. [and then some stuff about third party transporters etc.]."

So I guess in legal terms, what does "on or about" mean? I guess it also means that if their delivery team has not contacted me at the latest 31 August (30 days prior to the last day of their estimate which is Sep 2013) I think they have violated the agreement? But what if they contact me to inform me that there is a delay - is that a breach of contract?

In my paperwork it states (my translation from Norwegian)

at the top:
"The vehicle shall be delivered on or about: Aug 2013 - Sep 2013"

under "Scheduled delivery":
"The delivery team will contact you 30 days prior to the estimated delivery date to coordinate delivery of the vehicle. We will inform you once the vehicle is ready for delivery. Unless we have violated this contract, you have to accept delviery of the vehicle within 30 days after being informed. [and then some stuff about third party transporters etc.]."

So I guess in legal terms, what does "on or about" mean? I guess it also means that if their delivery team has not contacted me at the latest 31 August (30 days prior to the last day of their estimate which is Sep 2013) I think they have violated the agreement? But what if they contact me to inform me that there is a delay - is that a breach of contract?

Although I am not an expert in national laws of Norway I think its an estimated delivery date and because its an estimated date and not a fixed date I think it doesn't qualify as a breach of contract if they miss this date.

With a delivery window from Aug 2013 to Sept 2013 it looks like they didn't even start with the production, did they?

Although I am not an expert in national laws of Norway I think its an estimated delivery date and because its an estimated date and not a fixed date I think it doesn't qualify as a breach of contract if they miss this date.

I agree

With a delivery window from Aug 2013 to Sept 2013 it looks like they didn't even start with the production, did they?

I have a P reservation, I know that early Sigs have gotten June/July as their estimate, and some July/August.