Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are no more "shipping" charges. New and Used buyers need to pick up the car at the car's physical location or arrange their own shipping to their home location at their own cost.

Yah, I should have typed: Who would pay for the shipping on a rejected car, if they still did shipping.
It's a potential reason why they don't ship anymore now that cars are not CPO level refurbished.

Reactions: EV-CPO
New features for users in the United States:

Due to lots of feedback I've been receiving, I've now added the ability for users to select specific states to limit cars to pickup locations near them, by specific U.S. state. This new feature is on the 'Advanced Options' tab (see below). Simply select the state or states you want to limit your search to, and only cars in those states available for pickup will be listed.

If you are a premium subscriber, any Configuration Garage Alerts you create will include this new filter and will send out alerts only when cars are listed in any of the states you have selected. Of course, you can have an unlimited number of alerts for different regions based on your own travel preferences for picking up a car. Also, the email alerts now include the pickup location on all cars listed in the alert emails.

Here's what the new option looks like:

upload_2018-11-1_20-57-50.png

Please let me know if you have any questions.

• Love
Reactions: Lifeinabox
And I have not left out users in the EU tonight either!

I have had a few requests to make it easy to select "EU Zone" countries for buying a Tesla across country borders, but still within the EU, but excluding cars in the UK, Norway, and Switzerland which are different zones according to Tesla.

Countries included in the "EU Zone" are:
  • BE: België(Belgium)
  • DK: Danmark(Denmark)
  • DE: Deutschland(Germany)
  • ES: Españe(Spain)
  • FR: France
  • IT: Italia(Italy)
  • LU: Luxemburg(Luxembourg)
  • NL: Nederland(Netherlands)
  • AT: Österreich(Austria)
  • SE: Sverige(Sweden)
  • FI: Suomi(Finland)

To select 'EU Zone' countries with one selection, use the 'All EU Zone Countries' option on the 'Advanced Options' tab. This will override all other countries selected in the dropdown. So you can't select 'Norway' and 'All EU Zone Countries'. You will only get EU Zone.

Selecting this option will also be saved to any 'Configuration Garage' alerts you may have set up.

upload_2018-11-1_21-9-16.png

I've selected these countries based on comments in this thread:

Used Model S import from Germany to Switzerland | Tesla

If I missed something obvious, please let me know, and I'll correct any errors. Thanks.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
Great location-related changes. Perhaps you could consider adding one more field: to exclude, rather than include, certain states (many people would like to avoid CA due to its unavoidable sales tax issue on pickups within that state). Actually, maybe just a checkbox as to whether to include CA or not in the search, come to think of it...

Reactions: EV-CPO
@EV-CPO
What has the experience been with Doering leasing? Any feedback from TMC members?

It's been good! We've referred hundreds of buyers to Doering, and they've written a bunch of leases for Model S/X and 3. Since the leases closed, I haven't heard any post-transaction feedback.

Great location-related changes. Perhaps you could consider adding one more field: to exclude, rather than include, certain states (many people would like to avoid CA due to its unavoidable sales tax issue on pickups within that state). Actually, maybe just a checkbox as to whether to include CA or not in the search, come to think of it...

Great idea. I'll look into doing that, it's actually pretty easy to do. Just need a little time to do that. Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:
Hi,

The site is constantly searching the Tesla website for new CPO listings. Many new listings are being posted every day. If you sign up for the free trial subscription, alerts of new listings or price changes are sent out every 15 minutes.

The archived listings go back to early 2015 when I launched the website. There are currently roughly 12,000 CPO listings and 14,000 Inventory listings for the United States, and over 40,000 archived listings worldwide.

• Informative
Lots of new features added tonight, mainly for North America users.

First, Tesla is now supplying some more detailed information for their listings, namely EPA range and Zero-to-60mph times. You can now add these columns to the listing tables using the 'Column Selector' and check off these options in the 'Extras' area. Please note: NOT ALL cars listed have range or 0-to-60 times. The data is whatever is supplied by Tesla. If there's no data in the table, Tesla didn't supply it.

upload_2018-11-8_19-20-10.png

Second, Tesla has started to list "Coming Soon" cars on their "Used" website. These are scheduled lease returns, and have odd looking identifiers, which I'm using as a substitute VIN for now. In the listings, they look like the image below. You'll also notice that they all have a 'round number' for mileage. This is the estimated mileage upon lease return.

upload_2018-11-8_19-3-49.png

All of these 'Coming Soon' cars will have an 'Pickup Available Date' associated with them. You can see the date by clicking on the VIN to popup the detail page at Tesla.com, or you can add another new column 'Date for Pickup' (see first image above). One the Tesla.com detail page, you can click 'Reserve' to submit a $2500 deposit to reserve any of these pending lease returns.

Shortly, I will be adding an item to the 'Must Have' Features to only list the 'Coming Soon' Used cars.

One other new data element Tesla is supplying for some cars is what they label as: "Original-In-Customer-Garage-Date" which I am assuming is the original delivery date of listed Used cars. While not perfect, this would give some indication of the original manufacture date. You can add this column using the Column Selector and selecting 'Original Delivery Date'. Again, not all cars will have this data element included.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions.

Another quick update. I've received a number of requests to keep track and display the price history of cars over time. Well, EV-CPO has done this from the start, but it was never that easy to find or accessible, so some people just assumed it wasn't available.

To fix that problem, you can now access all price histories of any New/Inventory or Used car right from the main data table. I've added a third $ icon to the "Options/Photos" column (see image below). Clicking on this will popup the price history listing and chart. Clicking anywhere in the chart will close the popup.

upload_2018-11-13_14-35-6.png

I hope this helps alleviate any confusion over the price histories on the website.

@EV-CPO would there be a reason why the price listed on your site and the price on the Tesla vehicle page would be different? The car I'm looking at is listed at 61k on ev-cpo (even had history of it going down from 80k) but the Tesla vehicle page is at 71k.

At first I thought it had gone back up and your backend scraper hadn't parsed the change but it's been that way for a couple days now.

Thanks

Can you please send or post the VIN or VINs and I'll look into it.

It's common that the prices in the data stream from Tesla disagree with themselves.

Also, there were thousands of price changes last night, with more cars going up in price than going down. I'm preparing a report to show this, will post it later today.

• Informative
Reactions: mongo
@EV-CPO would there be a reason why the price listed on your site and the price on the Tesla vehicle page would be different? The car I'm looking at is listed at 61k on ev-cpo (even had history of it going down from 80k) but the Tesla vehicle page is at 71k.
At first I thought it had gone back up and your backend scraper hadn't parsed the change but it's been that way for a couple days now.

Ok, I found the glitch causing occasional price changes not to be saved to the price history chart. That's been fixed. But just to repeat, the actual prices listed on EV-CPO should agree with what is on the Tesla pages. It was only the price history charts that were affected.

Thanks for letting me know!

• Helpful
Ok, I found the glitch causing occasional price changes not to be saved to the price history chart. That's been fixed. But just to repeat, the actual prices listed on EV-CPO should agree with what is on the Tesla pages. It was only the price history charts that were affected.

Thanks for letting me know!
There are a lot of vehicles that don't match the tesla pricing. Especially the Coming Soon one's. Example is VIN P63918 and 120418 San Diego Pickup 44,600

There are a lot of vehicles that don't match the tesla pricing. Especially the Coming Soon one's. Example is VIN P63918 and 120418 San Diego Pickup 44,600

As I demonstrated before, Tesla sends two different prices in their data stream. One on the listings page and a different price in the detail page. I can post the raw data feed detail tomorrow.

I'm sorry, I didn't read this whole thread just thought I'd let you know. Thanks so much for your website it's amazing.

No, I'm sorry if I came across snippy, that wasn't the intention!

I looked into both of these and now the prices do match.

For VIN 120418, Tesla had three different prices for it yesterday:
$44300 then $49800 and then finally $44600 which is where it's at now. I'm going to guess that the car detail page was constant all day at $44,600, and only the 'listings' pages had the price changes.

And for the other one P63918, Tesla has already changed the price three times today!
From $46,600 to $43,300 and then back to $46,600.

So depending on when you look at EV-CPO and the Tesla pages, the prices could all be different, but eventually (over the course of a few hours) the prices should agree.

Thanks for your comments and feedback.