Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Everything wrong with V11 update / user interface.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The swastika is actually an ancient symbol that was used in many asian religions and cultures before it was coopted by the nazi party. As I recall it was a symbol for prosperity and luck, but I'm not an expert. I'm not sure what it would be used for here, though.
It’s in Hinduism. Hitler co-opted the symbol.

It does stand for prosperity and good luck.

My guess for this car is that there is an option to drive requesting good luck and blessings from above, given how complex and dangerous the UI is for everyday driving.

How to ask Tesla to corrects thé bugs on the FM and Digital radio user display. Since thé latest update, now we can not anymore see if we are in digital or FM, the signal quality réception icôn had disaper !!! It's a scame. I don't pays more than 65000€ for an unfinish bugged user interface car!

• Funny
Reactions: sundaydrive
My remaining gripes about the v11: music search button is too small and too close to the audio controls, I hit the wrong button way too often.

Media player is still a mess, I have no idea how to actually choose the next podcast in sequence for example.

Tidal client is likely bound to single server, it has tons of issues connecting as that particular node is probably busy.

Having now spent some time with v11, something which I'm really struggling with is accessing music. When I want music I instnctively look for something like musical notes (iTunes association probably), intending to get to 'music' and then choose which one I want. I don't start by looking for a bluetooth icon or a USB dongle. I mean, Bluetooth is a comm's protocol (near enough), not music, and a USB dongle (stick) is for storing computer files. Perhaps that's just me but if I had to take one of those decision tree map surveys some designers use to choose interface elements, the feedback from mine would be that these icons are a terrible way of providing access to music.
It's not just you. My wife and I find it so odd that Tesla uses the bluetooth icon for this reason. As many folks have said, it's not clear that the UI software writers actually drive a Tesla. I would love to see someone start a poll on how many people use the game center at all or how often. It seems like such a waste of effort for a 'smart' car. Sitting in a charging car is such a small portion of a drive - the games make no sense to me. From a Tesla fan who is not really a Musk fan.

It's not just you. My wife and I find it so odd that Tesla uses the bluetooth icon for this reason. As many folks have said, it's not clear that the UI software writers actually drive a Tesla. I would love to see someone start a poll on how many people use the game center at all or how often. It seems like such a waste of effort for a 'smart' car. Sitting in a charging car is such a small portion of a drive - the games make no sense to me. From a Tesla fan who is not really a Musk fan.

Agree. Not to belabor the point however, but the music interface is a hot mess. The favorites and recents don't stay in the order... actually they don't stay in any order. Searching for one song creates a recent station that clutters up the favorites menu. I found no way to delete or add favorites "maybe that's just because I haven't looked deep enough"?. As far as the games .. I have never played any of them. And as a matter of speed I generally don't sit in the car while it is supercharging because then it often times reduces the speed therefore increasing the charge time due to the fact that the cooling system has to keep the cabin cool as well. Particularly in hot climates such as in Arizona where I am. While supercharging I will generally get out of the vehicle and get away from it to allow it to use whatever resources it has to speed the charging process and have all of the incoming power that is not used for those purposes to go into the battery pack as opposed to cooling the cabin while I sit in it and play games.

I'm currently in a service loaner with HW2.5 and the non-FSD beta firmware running. The interface looks noticeably different than my car, and not in a good way. Though I did just find the "apply brakes when regen is limited" switch, so that's nice. I'm seriously surprised at the difference between two firmwares that are supposed to be mostly the same. Even simple things like fonts and line weights are different enough to be obvious.

Maybe they're fixing some of the problems on the non-FSD firmwares and leaving them alone on the FSD ones? Does anybody here have FSD and think that the UI has changed at all in the past 6 months? Because mine on my car seems entirely the same, and this loaner is absolutely different looking.

I'm currently in a service loaner with HW2.5 and the non-FSD beta firmware running. The interface looks noticeably different than my car, and not in a good way. Though I did just find the "apply brakes when regen is limited" switch, so that's nice. I'm seriously surprised at the difference between two firmwares that are supposed to be mostly the same. Even simple things like fonts and line weights are different enough to be obvious.

Maybe they're fixing some of the problems on the non-FSD firmwares and leaving them alone on the FSD ones? Does anybody here have FSD and think that the UI has changed at all in the past 6 months? Because mine on my car seems entirely the same, and this loaner is absolutely different looking.
Yes - FSD updates are much less frequent so those in the FSDb program also receive UI and feature updates later than everyone else. Whether this is a benefit or a drawback depends on your perspective.

Even simple things like fonts and line weights are different enough to be obvious.

Clearly the Tesla UI team is a revolving door of cheap kids right out of school... and every 6 months when someone leaves and is replaced, the new person has to 'make their mark' and start changing everything around. I really wish there were some adults in that room.

I think it's more the older car. I have 2 cars, one in Beta and one in public release, and the interface/fonts/etc are all the same. There's no noticeable difference outside of the Beta visualizations.

Agree. Not to belabor the point however, but the music interface is a hot mess. The favorites and recents don't stay in the order... actually they don't stay in any order. Searching for one song creates a recent station that clutters up the favorites menu. I found no way to delete or add favorites "maybe that's just because I haven't looked deep enough"?. As far as the games .. I have never played any of them. And as a matter of speed I generally don't sit in the car while it is supercharging because then it often times reduces the speed therefore increasing the charge time due to the fact that the cooling system has to keep the cabin cool as well. Particularly in hot climates such as in Arizona where I am. While supercharging I will generally get out of the vehicle and get away from it to allow it to use whatever resources it has to speed the charging process and have all of the incoming power that is not used for those purposes to go into the battery pack as opposed to cooling the cabin while I sit in it and play games.
My wife and I are both gamers (her much more than me). We both have decent steam libraries, various gaming consoles, even some mobile games (though not as much). We have owned the car for 4 years. Neither one of us has ever played a game on the car, and I don't see that changing. Totally pointless waste of development resources. Charging stops are not nearly long enough to make gaming in the parked car useful. That, and everybody who wants to game will have their own device already with them (with a screen at a much more comfortable distance).

Agree. Not to belabor the point however, but the music interface is a hot mess. The favorites and recents don't stay in the order... actually they don't stay in any order. Searching for one song creates a recent station that clutters up the favorites menu. I found no way to delete or add favorites "maybe that's just because I haven't looked deep enough"?
On a road trip in June I added the local radio stations with news/weather/traffic to the favourites. Then promptly forgot how I did it and with the poor radio station changing UI I was suffering from a long list of stations to cycle through when trying to switch between my two local news/weather/traffic stations. Since radio stations favourites can't be 'named', I couldn't even hit the stations I wanted on the screen (discerning between all those numbers was taking my eyes off the road too long.) The other day, as a passenger, I figure out that clicking on the darkened star cleared out the radio station. So I've cleaned up the list. I need to delete them all and reenter in reverse 'dial' location to get something approaching radio channel selection I've enjoyed in my cars over the past 5 decades, instead of the jumbled mess I currently have.

So I'd suggest looking for a star to click with those Spotify or Tune-in 'favourites.'

I also hate that when I select an album in Spotify, it doesn't play the album but plays "album Radio" which includes no play list see what's coming up AND the play list is full of other songs/artists, in other words, completely not what I asked for or expect.

I also hate that when I select an album in Spotify, it doesn't play the album but plays "album Radio" which includes no play list see what's coming up AND the play list is full of other songs/artists, in other words, completely not what I asked for or expect.
You can. Instead of hitting the "Play Radio" button on the album screen, just tap on the first song on the album and it will start playing the album. And then you will have the "Up Next" section and can skip forward/backward in the album.

1659109649438.png