Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And Evie gets it's Bairnsdale charger working first.
Interestingly it's $0.45/kWh so more than the other CTR chargers.

Bloody legend. Really opens up the area and makes side trips between Cann River and Moe a doddle.

Just think how easy travelling in that area will be when we get Orbost and Omeo as well. Weekend fun drive up over Hotham from Bright to Bairnsdale is suddenly easy, not marginal.

In a year of so, I can see that there might be no part of Victoria that we can't reach easily with any moderate range EV.

Reactions: dmov
You wouldn't expect so, but I'm sure they're affected by the cost of energy as much as any other Evie location. I checked individual locations on the app and it doesn't show anything about the post-March price (still 40c for everything)
So looking at the Evie app appears all the Evie owned 50kW sites (most part Arena funded) are now $0.45/kWh.

ACT ActwelAGL are $0.50/kWh, though the Hotel Realm one is $0.45/kWh.

Vic CTR remains at $0.40/kWh, with I think a new idle fee of $4/hr (BUT.. it only kicks in after 60min making it near pointless)

So good! Moe to Cann River was going to be a bit of a gamble in an SR+, but now a quick 5 min top up coffee break in Bairnsdale makes this an easy trip.

Would still like to see a SC in Bairnsdale so I could skip Moe completely.
It's coming. I agree that Moe is just too close to Melbourne to make a good charging location. Bairnsdale (~280km), Cann River (169km), Narooma (248km), Berry (205km), Sydney (~160km) seems like a pretty easy trip in most Teslas. And if you take some side trips, then you can add in some of the other stops as well (Moe, Bega, Wollongong etc) which either have Tesla Superchargers already, or at least have fast chargers and will have Tesla Superchargers soon.

Reactions: RareEarth and Chuq
@Chuq can probably answer the broader question.

Evie is certainly ahead on the 2021 Arena suburban funding round given Ampol has to date launched 5 sites, EHT I think a couple in Tasmania, Engie none and I think Chargefox none (in whatever it's two regions were)
I haven't looked at the stats but I would say, very clearly, Evie. None of EHT's ARENA sites are live yet.

Chargefox's regions are SA and WA. They have opened one new site in those regions (Port Adelaide Plaza) but I'm not 100% confident that it's related to ARENA funding.

It's coming. I agree that Moe is just too close to Melbourne to make a good charging location. Bairnsdale (~280km), Cann River (169km), Narooma (248km), Berry (205km), Sydney (~160km) seems like a pretty easy trip in most Teslas. And if you take some side trips, then you can add in some of the other stops as well (Moe, Bega, Wollongong etc) which either have Tesla Superchargers already, or at least have fast chargers and will have Tesla Superchargers soon.
Moe becomes more useful travelling back the other way to Melbourne. Gives you more options. Today I travelled back from Cooma, charged at Cann River & tested Orbost (didn't really need to but grabbed 16kw) and then topped up at Moe and home comfortably to the Peninsula.
BTW, If you like coffee, drop into Cafe 3847 at Rosedale. Make sure you avail yourself of the opportunity to use the toilet, You will have never seen anything like it.

Reactions: cafz and Hairyman
Moe becomes more useful travelling back the other way to Melbourne. Gives you more options. Today I travelled back from Cooma, charged at Cann River & tested Orbost (didn't really need to but grabbed 16kw) and then topped up at Moe and home comfortably to the Peninsula.
BTW, If you like coffee, drop into Cafe 3847 at Rosedale. Make sure you avail yourself of the opportunity to use the toilet, You will have never seen anything like it.
Yes, the Throne Room

Reactions: Stratman