Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cameron Park NSW, Jamisontown NSW, BP Northpoint VIC, Sutton Forest West NSW,
Paralowie Village Shopping Centre SA, Coochin Creek QLD, Seven Hills NSW, Dandenong VIC, Coomera QLD, Bundamba QLD and Taylors Lakes VIC are all located on the fringes of major capital cities and are designed for up to six 350kW chargers in anticipation of high traffic volumes in future.
And the development applications for Campbell Town TAS (6 bays) and Brighton TAS (4 bays) are also planned for expansion.

Some are *very* obvious - this is Taylors Lakes:

1704008899424.png

Brighton:

1704008965082.png

Reactions: RichardV
Some are *very* obvious - this is Taylors Lakes:
Taylors Lakes is a traffic planning "fail".

Notice the queue for the carwash on the right? That is the entry to the charging area which in the Google image is currently almost blocked by carwash traffic. That entry has been blocked every time I have been to this charger. You actually need to enter via the "EXIT - No Entry" on the left of the image (which can easily be done unless you are the type who feels uncomfortable ignoring "No Entry" signs).

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and moa999
Notice the queue for the carwash on the right? That is the entry to the charging area which in the Google image is currently almost blocked by carwash traffic. That entry has been blocked every time I have been to this charger. You actually need to enter via the "EXIT - No Entry" on the left of the image (which can easily be done unless you are the type who feels uncomfortable ignoring "No Entry" signs).
I've been stuck in that carwash queue a few times - didn't realise I should enter via the 'No Entry' section. Good to know!

The latest software for Tritium's RTM and PKM chargers supports "Autocharge", apparently their name for plug-and-charge.

I wonder if we'll see it rolled out by Evie at some point, given their close ties to Tritium? On the other hand, Evie have a lot of PK350 chargers and it's not clear if those support it yet.

The latest software for Tritium's RTM and PKM chargers supports "Autocharge", apparently their name for plug-and-charge.

I wonder if we'll see it rolled out by Evie at some point, given their close ties to Tritium? On the other hand, Evie have a lot of PK350 chargers and it's not clear if those support it yet.
The "industry" overseas (and here?) have settled on AutoCharge for the equivalent of Tesla's Supercharger setup - it's not "quite" the ISO 15118 standard and technically not as secure, but it is available "now". Eg, Fastned - https://support.fastned.nl/hc/en-gb/articles/115012747127
With Autocharge there’s no more swiping cards or tapping apps: just plug in and see your session start automatically.

Evie have already alluded to Autocharge coming for compatible EVs.
See this from October 2023 - Evie EV charging networks

(And the PK350 does support the ISO 15118 standard, if not Autocharge yet)

Equipped with ISO 15118 Plug and Charge technology for hassle-free authentication and payment

Last edited:
I don’t understand the layout. There are two parking spots and yet they’ve spent money installing four charger outlets.
It's easy really, here is their logic:

1. Evie and Tritium have overlapping ownership/management
2. Tritium don't make anything better

Admittedly this layout does mean they could charge two CCS2 vehicle at once but you can never fit three at once (unless the third one double parks, blocking the two parking spaces)

I don’t understand the layout
Its redundancy - Just in case one (or more) charger breaks down🤣. No seriously. 🤣

It also means they can do 2 x CCS2 or 1xChadeMo + 1xCCS2 at the same time
Additionally depending on the congestion it may be possible to charge a third car parked in front of the chargers in the yellowed out bay (rear or front in depending on the car). The car will stick out a bit but the dwell time wont be long.

The end parking bay is best because its shaded by the tree

Last edited:
Sounds like there was some form of Evie outage this morning
https://mailchi.mp/15fcdc053848/updates-to-our-pricing-15731932?e=76d8f648eb

"We want to inform you about an unexpected incident that occurred earlier today, impacting our charging network and potentially causing inconvenience for our valued customers.

This morning, our network experienced unscheduled changes by a software partner, affecting a total of 65 Evie-owned chargers across various locations. We immediately detected the fault and took prompt action to resolve the issue by 11:30 am AEDT.

We understand the importance of our charging services to your daily routines, and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. In recognition of this disruption, we want to express our appreciation for your understanding.

As a gesture of goodwill, we’re offering 30% off our charging sites (excluding CVGA and ActewAGL sites) nationwide today. This complimentary charging period will start at 12:10 pm AEDT today and extend until January 25, 2024, 10:00 pm AEDT. We hope this helps alleviate any inconvenience you may have experienced during this period.

Please be assured that we are working diligently to prevent such occurrences in the future and to maintain the reliability of our charging infrastructure.

Thank you for your understanding, and we appreciate your continued support."

The Destination Charging Across Victoria website has had an update, the following Evie sites have been opened since the previous update:

Bannockburn, Hopetoun, Fish Creek, Corryong, Wodonga, Warragul, Stawell, Leongatha, Korumburra, Portland, Torquay, Apollo Bay and Murrayville.

The map is starting to look a lot more complete.