Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

F-150 Ford Lightning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I liked everything he said but this was a cursory look. They did not take anything apart, just closely looked around and under the vehicle. Let's see his comments when he has a chance to do a real break down. He did have me questioning my decision to cancel! But what's done is done.

I liked everything he said but this was a cursory look. They did not take anything apart, just closely looked around and under the vehicle. Let's see his comments when he has a chance to do a real break down. He did have me questioning my decision to cancel! But what's done is done.

What’s under the hood is interesting but shouldn’t be the only thing to look at. How it drives and how much utility it provides is very important. That frunk looks very useful!

I’m sure this will provide wonderful utility for those that buy one. I’m have no issue with F150s, I have a ‘19 Raptor that I think is great, but the lightning is just not anything that gets me excited. Perhaps an Raptor Lightning would? I like the odd looks of the Cybertruck and don’t mind it’s mammoth size. The issue is I’m starting to believe more and more the CT may not even happen in ‘23 leaving the doors open for ford, et al should they get their vehicles out on time.

Rivian fans lost some confidence with their latest delay. As far as I’m concerned with them is I’ll get excited when I see one on the road.

Will GMC be the first to market with a truck in the form of the hummer SUT? Maybe, I think they look interesting as well and have also put a deposit on a first edition.

Not sure why you canceled, you probably could have sold your spot in the queue for some decent change.

Just lost all interest when the market adjustment thing came up. They truly just don't get it. I don't think I'm alone in my aversion to paying more than MSRP. Of course people that just pay because they have to have the car now just prolong the practice.

Decent change is relative, not worth my time to try to make a few grand on a car. Not a sarcastic reply, I get that it would be nice for some folks. Just not for me. The guy we sold our 90D offered me a grand to put a much lower sales price on the title/bill of sale (so he could save on sales tax). Just wasn't worth the risk.

Reactions: KJD
Does anyone else see an issue with this page of the Ford site?
SmartSelect_20211113-103225_Firefox.jpg

I count 208 (8x26) pieces of 8 foot red cedar. Even if they are only 1x6 (versus normal 5/4x6 decking), that is 2,220 pounds at 5% (super dry) moisture content ignoring the pallet itself.
Lumber Weight & Volume Calculator for Any Wood Species - Builder's Calculator

View attachment 732621
I count 208 (8x26) pieces of 8 foot red cedar. Even if they are only 1x6 (versus normal 5/4x6 decking), that is 2,220 pounds at 5% (super dry) moisture content ignoring the pallet itself.

Not to mention the forklift is holding all the weight so you don’t see the truck bottoming out 😄

• Funny
Reactions: Sandor
It looks as if the graphics designer used the length of the middle axis of the truck to calibrate the length of the wood planks totally ignoring the perspective.
Oh Wow! I didn't even concider that it was a render; but now that I look, the shadow between the bed and the forklift looks to be missing the forks, and the side mirror reflection is strange. Plus, no tracks on the concrete.
I guess I was wrong, a virtual stack of lumber does not exceed the payload capacity.

View attachment 732621
After looking at the build and price, the next render will be a fork truck unloading a 2,000lb box of money.

Actually, I hope it will sell it for under $60k.
hope is not a strategy. there is virtually *ZERO* chance that Tesla will make an AWD Cybertruck with 300+ miles range available for under $60k when the direct competition is +$15k more...

heck - the Model Y is already $59k and that uses a much smaller battery and R&D costs largely shared with Model 3 and production up and running...

hope is not a strategy. there is virtually *ZERO* chance that Tesla will make an AWD Cybertruck with 300+ miles range available for under $60k when the direct competition is +$15k more...

heck - the Model Y is already $59k and that uses a much smaller battery and R&D costs largely shared with Model 3 and production up and running...
I fully understand what you say and why you say that. A statement that someting has "virtually zero chance" would make statistical sense in case of the thermodynamic limit only. As I see no indication that is the case, your statement is equally indistinguishable from a random guess as mine.

Wouldn't be just fair to say we don't know?

Reactions: finman100

What you're forgetting is that the body of the Cybertruck was designed to mass produce very cheaply. That's why Tesla is pricing it so low.

What you're forgetting is that the body of the Cybertruck was designed to mass produce very cheaply. That's why Tesla is pricing it so low.
and that's why Tesla removed the pricing and the production start dates from their website... rrrrriiiiiight. Because they know how easily and cheaply it will be to produce (never mind that they still haven't figured out production specs/ issues with the huge flat windshield, wipers etc.).

Reactions: KJD