Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Features we didn't know we wanted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d like the ability to swap the steering wheel buttons functions so that the cruise is on the left and volume on the right as that what I’ve been used to for the last 10 years...shouldn’t be an issue given that they are unlabelled.
Also if the lumber support adjustment is part of the memory settings then a ‘massage-lite’ function to move the lumbar support periodically on longer journeys would be nice.

Speed limiter as a B-mode when the adaptive cruise control isn't active, for roads where autopilot doesn't work great.Could be turned off in settings for those that don't like it.

Have similar in my last car and it was great, set the speed to 60 on a country lane, or 30 in town, and you then just could drive without worry about speeding. If you needed to go faster just push the pedal all the way to the floor.

Little point suggesting things we know we want.
  1. Stories for Tesla, see the latest teslacam recording from other Tesla you regularly pass.
  2. An inspirational video to replay your year using maps, harvested images (including the internal camera) and social content
  3. Paedo mode. I've not thought this through, but it's the kind of thing Elon would come up with
  4. Navigation that considers the prevalence of Corona Virus cases. Different modes such as 'Faucci' and 'Musk'. Musk ignores everything and claims special privileged
  5. When driving with Autopilot the visualizations clearly shows the blow-up autopilot from Airplane in the driving seat
  6. Since Elon has a new baby, the ability to choose a route that a neural net has determined will get the child off to sleep in the shortest time.

Little point suggesting things we know we want.
  1. Stories for Tesla, see the latest teslacam recording from other Tesla you regularly pass.
  2. An inspirational video to replay your year using maps, harvested images (including the internal camera) and social content
  3. Paedo mode. I've not thought this through, but it's the kind of thing Elon would come up with
  4. Navigation that considers the prevalence of Corona Virus cases. Different modes such as 'Faucci' and 'Musk'. Musk ignores everything and claims special privileged
  5. When driving with Autopilot the visualizations clearly shows the blow-up autopilot from Airplane in the driving seat
  6. Since Elon has a new baby, the ability to choose a route that a neural net has determined will get the child off to sleep in the shortest time.
Shirley you can’t be serious about Number 5!

Sorry about that, I couldn’t resist. That would be amusing though.

• Funny
Reactions: Cwmwd
  1. How about whole car dome lights up in sync with your caraoke singing?
  2. Face recognition using internal camera to set seats?
  3. Kids mode. Only allow arcade and netflixs control when activated. Doors kept locked.
  4. Tank turn for 4x4 models.
  5. Open doors from the touch screen
tank turn...that would be nuts...and interesting...what would I use that for I wonder...

I misread that and wondered why anyone would want seat cooling . . .

(I read "The girlfriend likes cold but" as "The girlfriend likes a cold butt" )

I had seat cooling / air con in my Lexus GS300, and I thought it was going to be a complete gimmic but it was absolutely brilliant. It was subtle enough to not cause discomfort but strong enough to arrive at your destination after a long journey with a dry back on your suit shirt. I've missed it ever since I got rid of that car :-(

tank turn...that would be nuts...and interesting...what would I use that for I wonder...

Sadly a neutral turn can't physically be done, as even the AWD models only have two motors. A neutral turn requires the wheels on one side to spin in the opposite direction to the wheels on the other, at the same rate, which can be done with true AWD, i.e. a motor for each wheel, but isn't possible with the Tesla drive system, that has front and rear differentials (for AWD models). I believe the Rivian can do a neutral turn OK, but that has motors on each wheel.

I once sat in a Challenger 2 whilst a neutral turn was demonstrated, whilst keeping the gun trained on a target. Impressive as hell seeing the turret spin at exactly the same rate as ~50 tonnes of MBT, and in the opposite direction, with servomotors whining like mad trying to keep the gun pointing exactly at the same spot. I've got a video clip of it on DVD somewhere, I'll try and dig it out.

I'd love an option for motorway lane changing on standard AP eg. Indicate - AP goes to hold mode, indicator off + in between lines for the new lane AP reactivates. It's the only thing that really bugs me is the frequent bing bong followed by bong bing (yes I know Joe mode reduces the volume of the bongs) on every manual lane change, but it's not so frustrating for me to pay for FSD!