Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing - non-Alliant options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you apply to TechCU on your own, or did you do it through Tesla Lending? Also, if you don’t mind my asking, in percentage terms, did you put any money down? Thanks.

I actually went through TechCU after reading the forums here, as well as Alliant (I've financed 2 previous cars with them). Applying for Tesla financing brought the highest quote from Chase. I'm putting 10% down on all of them. Order price is right at $110k - financed amount is about $98k. I'm also not financing the taxes and fees.

I actually went through TechCU after reading the forums here, as well as Alliant (I've financed 2 previous cars with them). Applying for Tesla financing brought the highest quote from Chase. I'm putting 10% down on all of them. Order price is right at $110k - financed amount is about $98k. I'm also not financing the taxes and fees.

Excellent. Your numbers are just a few thousand dollars of where I am and I intend to put down 10% too. Thanks for the intel’.

Interesting - I thought there was a 1.99% deal through Tesla with 10% down. Or was that a different term?

Congrats! So I'm assuming you did the application from techCU website under Tesla loan?

TechCU approval valid for 30 days right?

I'm waiting for my DS to tell when I can start the loan application.. March-early April delivery..

Yes 30 day lock, joined the 'financial fitness association' so I could become a member of TechCU (as I don't live in California). Cost $8. Then applied for a Tesla loan. The rate was lower than listed on the webpage. My credit score hovers between 750-800 as that may impact the rate. To get the loan you do need to open a savings account with at least $25. Been very painless, everything via email, web and one phone call. My DS knew TechCU and seemed pleased to deal with them. In a matter of 60-90 minutes today, I signed the MVPA with Tesla, then the TechCU loan papers (both via email/web), and TechCU had cut the check to Tesla. Way too fast and easy to spend around six figures. Final acceptance paperwork I supposedly sign in and via the car on Tuesday..

The part that took the longest this week was my trade in self assessment and taking photos for the online form for Tesla as that has to happen within a week of delivery.

I was told March-early april as well, but car suddenly popped into production and then boom the car was in Houston 5 days later. I bet yours shows up earlier than April esp as you're in Cali. I only found out when I logged on to mytesla - no emails, so check the Tesla website.

Unify Credit Union has a rate of 0.74% for up to 36 months if you have a checking account with them (free checking) and maintain a $2000 balance. Must have a credit score over 740 to qualify. This has to be the lowest out there. Just don't like the idea of leaving $2000 sitting there for 3 years.

0.99% if you keep $400 in a savings account with them.

That's awesome, my delivery is scheduled for April 8 so I have a week before I give them a call - congrats!

When did you order your vehicle? I ordered mine on the 9th of February. Confirmation and VIN assigned on the 16th. My car’s been “Scheduled for Production” ever since. Estimated delivery time is March to Early April. I’m hoping I’m not far behind you and after first going through Tesla Lending, I’ll be calling around too by next week.

When did you order your vehicle? I ordered mine on the 9th of February. Confirmation and VIN assigned on the 16th. My car’s been “Scheduled for Production” ever since. Estimated delivery time is March to Early April. I’m hoping I’m not far behind you and after first going through Tesla Lending, I’ll be calling around too by next week.
Ordered mine Jan 15.

Reactions: avesraggiana
Thank you, but ouch! You ordered yours almost a month ahead of me and you’re getting it in early April. Much longer lead time than I would have anticipated. I’m sure it’ll worth the wait. But the wait - excruciating!
I requested a date in April - no SC nearby and they were going to deliver, but I'd rather pick it up in case there are issues. We have a family trip that just happens to be near a service center, so thus I scheduled it for then.