Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.3 - basic charging scheduling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, that's what they should do. In rpavlicek's case, the question is if they show any change between drive/reverse at all, whether reverse mode functions partially, and if so, how much of it.

Not sure in that case. With driver profiles, that is what should happen. Without seat memory and driver profiles I don't know what happens.

Not sure in that case. With driver profiles, that is what should happen. Without seat memory and driver profiles I don't know what happens.

Yes, and otherwise there are at least two different things that might not happen in rpavlicek's case: the switch between drive/reverse, and/or the 'save' function.

The driver profiles are one possible difference. Perhaps, without profiles, there is no separate reverse setting.

Another possibility might be that in rpavlicek's case, the "save" part might not happen (or not work). I guess that even in that case, if rpavlicek changes the mirror position while being in 'reverse', the mirrors should go back to the previous position when changing to 'drive'. (Although there might be no change in the other direction.) That's something one could test.

Can anyone with 4.3 comment on whether it improves the rain sensing wiper function? I'm still on 4.2.

The poor wiper function has been driving me nuts lately. Why should I have to push the manual wipe button all the time? I know it's overreacting, but when I'm driving in the rain, it makes me question my purchase.

Next time it rains and you have to manually turn on your wipers (the horror), try to take a few deep breaths and think of the big picture.

I've noticed the 4.3 web browser is a little bit more responsive. Previously when I zoomed a page it would unzoom and rezoom again when it repainted. That slightly irritating behavior is gone. Also it seems to bring up this forum more quickly than before.

Have they stopped rolling out 4.3? Seems like there hasn't been anyone reporting that they've installed it in the last day or two.

Regarding wiper sensitivity: I still think the low sensitivity wipes a little more than I'd prefer (v4.2), not less. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Too bad there aren't more sensitivity levels.

Have they stopped rolling out 4.3? Seems like there hasn't been anyone reporting that they've installed it in the last day or two.

Yes, they have. I asked whether they could update me to the latest firmware while I was at the Fremont service center today. He assured me that 4.2 was the latest they were currently recommending after finding a few key issues with 4.3. So I think it's safe to say we'll see a minor 4.3 update before they roll it out to anyone else.

Can anyone with 4.3 comment on whether it improves the rain sensing wiper function? I'm still on 4.2.

The poor wiper function has been driving me nuts lately. Why should I have to push the manual wipe button all the time? I know it's overreacting, but when I'm driving in the rain, it makes me question my purchase.

The wiper sensitivity was vastly improved from 4.1 to 4.2. They can still improve it some more and in time I'm sure it will improve. If you haven't already politely log your improvement request with them and I'm sure they'll work on it.

It's possible that without seat memory and driver profiles, all one is doing is moving the mirrors (like any normal car) so they stay where you put them.

Possible ...but in 4.2 I had the mirror-tilt function (without profiles). I have the tech package...and I remember the tesla site listing auto-tilt as a feature of that (a while ago), but it seems to be missing now.

I'm not sure if its standard in all version of the car or only with profiles? Either way I'm scheduled to bring it in to see whats wrong...

Regarding wiper sensitivity: I still think the low sensitivity wipes a little more than I'd prefer (v4.2), not less. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Too bad there aren't more sensitivity levels.
The problem for me is that it's inconsistent. Sometimes it wipes with a few drops on the windshield, but the next time waits until there's ten times as much water and I can't see. In light rain, I find I have to push the manual wipe button about once a minute.

I'm not sure I'm the best person to answer but I'll give my input fwiw. I have zero experience using auto with 4.2. It just never rained while I had it, or I didn't want to drive the clean car in the rain.
My only experience was what I've read here. It disappointed me. I was looking forward to having a car with auto wipers.

Last night (I have 4.3) it rained lightly only. I used the lowest setting on auto and like it. It wasn't flawless in the sense that I wasn't siting there amazed that it knew I would have wiped it just then if it were up to me. However, it was adequate or better in the sense that I wasn't thinking "why hasn't it wiped yet," or "why is it wiping now."

There isn't anything in the release notes for 4.3 that I see other than scheduled charging. I don't know if this means they only set up scheduled charging in 4.3 and nothing else, or if that was the only major change.

Yesterday I was out with the family, and noticed the same thing. Before, I would set the car at 71 or 72 degrees F; after the most recent 4.3, I set it at 67 and it still feels hotter than at the previous setting. The next notch down is "LO", which appears to turn on A/C full blast.

I have this problem also. I have also noticed that the fan blade display never goes to full (all 4 blades on) and there is no correlation with the blade display and the 1-11 setting. I can move the fan manually to 11 and the blades show only 2 and the air is blowing at about half. If I move the temp to "low" then I get 3 blades and much more air blowing, but I never get 4 blades.

I have been frustrated with this because with my kids in the far back, I need more airflow to keep them cool but the current setup is not working properly.

Anyone else notice the fan on 11 doesn't give max airflow?

I still can't get mirror auto-tilt to work. According to a Tesla Rep, the setting in the control panel has been removed and the default setting should be "on".

He gave me these instructions which I followed, but they did not seem to work:

Am I doing something wrong?

I also have cloth seats. I had an upgrade to 4.2 (1.19.49) that was uncommon. I upgraded it from 1.19.45. When I did this I lost the 'tilt mirrors' option. And it would not program despite numerous attempts. It appears they took it away from cloth seat owners.

You appear to be missing the step where, after you adjust the mirror in reverse but before you put it into park I think, your driver profile pops up with a message (Save) or (Cancel) so you would click Save for those settings to remain.

I still am unsure, and disappointed, why cloth seat oweners don't have profiles. I understand having a different seat, without encoders on the actual seat and being unable to have a proper seat memory. But taking away all the other profile settings is very disappointing. I see no point in doing so, and it is very clear that you only lost 'seat memory' with the cloth seats. Not mirror and all the drive settings.

Possible ...but in 4.2 I had the mirror-tilt function (without profiles). I have the tech package...and I remember the tesla site listing auto-tilt as a feature of that (a while ago), but it seems to be missing now.

I'm not sure if its standard in all version of the car or only with profiles? Either way I'm scheduled to bring it in to see whats wrong...

Please let everyone know what the solution is. I think Tesla may have accidently removed auto-tilt by coupling it with driver profiles, and may not have realized they took it away from cloth seat owners.

And I am still not 100% that I want my mirrors to auto tilt. They help with some things, but actually make it harder to back into my garage.

For those of us in the Sunshine State (Florida) and other warm locales, is anyone else underwhelmed by the new temperature settings? I used to be able to leave the car set to 76 and still feel comfortable. After 4.3 I have to set it to 70 to achieve the same comfort factor. Plus, fan speed used to only operate at a 2 or 3 setting when in auto. Now it requires being pushed up to 8 to even feel a breeze.

Anyone else have similar observations?

Yes. I'm with you. It's a pain, now.

I also have cloth seats. I had an upgrade to 4.2 (1.19.49) that was uncommon. I upgraded it from 1.19.45. When I did this I lost the 'tilt mirrors' option. And it would not program despite numerous attempts. It appears they took it away from cloth seat owners.

I still am unsure, and disappointed, why cloth seat oweners don't have profiles. I understand having a different seat, without encoders on the actual seat and being unable to have a proper seat memory. But taking away all the other profile settings is very disappointing. I see no point in doing so, and it is very clear that you only lost 'seat memory' with the cloth seats. Not mirror and all the drive settings.

Please let everyone know what the solution is. I think Tesla may have accidently removed auto-tilt by coupling it with driver profiles, and may not have realized they took it away from cloth seat owners.

And I am still not 100% that I want my mirrors to auto tilt. They help with some things, but actually make it harder to back into my garage.

There's no reason for auto tilt to be tied to driver profiles, and no indication in the manual that it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why I asked questions about exactly what behavior he is seeing. I know how it's supposed to work. Driver profiles should have nothing to do with it. That's like saying it can't remember your steering preference without a driver profile. Profiles are only to be able to switch between two people with different preferences.

There's no reason for auto tilt to be tied to driver profiles, and no indication in the manual that it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why I asked questions about exactly what behavior he is seeing. I know how it's supposed to work. Driver profiles should have nothing to do with it. That's like saying it can't remember your steering preference without a driver profile. Profiles are only to be able to switch between two people with different preferences.

I agree with what you are saying. I think Tesla may have tied it to driver profiles because it may have been easier that way. They way 'auto tilt' works isn't really tilting the mirrors down like it worked on my mom's BMW. It is actually a separate mirror setting. You can set them to just show wider, closer, or up, or down. And having a mirror setting in driver profiles may have made them work better or easier, since the functionality was already there.

I see no reason why cloth seat owners don't have auto tilt. I also see no reason why we don't have driver profiles. I do see why we don't have seat memory.