Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.3 - basic charging scheduling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After I finish navigating somewhere, my audio display in next to the speedometer goes away. Might only be caused by canceling a route.

I find that occasionally my audio display next to the speedometer goes away following a navigation session. You can restore it by pressing the left scroll wheel and rolling the wheel to select audio again.

Larry

For those of us in the Sunshine State (Florida) and other warm locales, is anyone else underwhelmed by the new temperature settings? I used to be able to leave the car set to 76 and still feel comfortable. After 4.3 I have to set it to 70 to achieve the same comfort factor. Plus, fan speed used to only operate at a 2 or 3 setting when in auto. Now it requires being pushed up to 8 to even feel a breeze.

Anyone else have similar observations?

For those of us in the Sunshine State (Florida) and other warm locales, is anyone else underwhelmed by the new temperature settings? I used to be able to leave the car set to 76 and still feel comfortable. After 4.3 I have to set it to 70 to achieve the same comfort factor. Plus, fan speed used to only operate at a 2 or 3 setting when in auto. Now it requires being pushed up to 8 to even feel a breeze.

Haha, up north here people are reporting the opposite. Before 4.3 the heat needed to be turned up into the mid 20's (degrees C) especially on long trips to be comfortable. Now a few people have said the car is too hot. (ie. setting it to 20C is plenty warm) It looks like all Tesla did in the FW update is make an adjustment to the interior temp sensor.

3 things:

if you are impatiently waiting for a new release and wondering why you don't have it, just chill! Tesla rolls em slowly so they can make sure solid b4 full distribution. It may be weeks. Just chill!

Side mirror tilt seems to reset on updates. It's tricky to set, you have to be in reverse and save immediately.

Plz do not post "I didn't get it yet". It's getting very difficult to find solutions when they're on 4th page of search results or 33rd of 80 pages in thread.

Haha, up north here people are reporting the opposite. Before 4.3 the heat needed to be turned up into the mid 20's (degrees C) especially on long trips to be comfortable. Now a few people have said the car is too hot. (ie. setting it to 20C is plenty warm) It looks like all Tesla did in the FW update is make an adjustment to the interior temp sensor.

Yesterday I was out with the family, and noticed the same thing. Before, I would set the car at 71 or 72 degrees F; after the most recent 4.3, I set it at 67 and it still feels hotter than at the previous setting. The next notch down is "LO", which appears to turn on A/C full blast.

3 things:

if you are impatiently waiting for a new release and wondering why you don't have it, just chill! Tesla rolls em slowly so they can make sure solid b4 full distribution. It may be weeks. Just chill!

Side mirror tilt seems to reset on updates. It's tricky to set, you have to be in reverse and save immediately.

Plz do not post "I didn't get it yet". It's getting very difficult to find solutions when they're on 4th page of search results or 33rd of 80 pages in thread.

I still can't get mirror auto-tilt to work. According to a Tesla Rep, the setting in the control panel has been removed and the default setting should be "on".

He gave me these instructions which I followed, but they did not seem to work:

1. Turn on the vehicle and continue to hold onto the brakes throughout the whole process.
  2. Put the vehicle into Reverse while having your foot still on the brakes.
  3. Start by adjusting your left side mirror by enabling the left side mirror option on your driver side control panel. Enable by pressing down the left side mirror button (you’ll see a red light indicating it has been selected), adjust the mirrors to how you would like to see it when the vehicle is in reverse, press the left side mirror button again to disengage.
  4. Perform the same option on the right side mirror. Enable, adjust, disengage. (Make sure your foot is still on the brake)
  5. Put the vehicle back into Park. (you may now let go of the brake and notice the mirrors auto-tilt back.

Am I doing something wrong?

You appear to be missing the step where, after you adjust the mirror in reverse but before you put it into park I think, your driver profile pops up with a message (Save) or (Cancel) so you would click Save for those settings to remain.

You appear to be missing the step where, after you adjust the mirror in reverse but before you put it into park I think, your driver profile pops up with a message (Save) or (Cancel) so you would click Save for those settings to remain.

I don't have driver profiles (I have cloth seats)

Also, I don't recall seeing that pop-up when I set the mirrors before version 4.3 (when it worked)

Hi Ethan,

Yes, when I forgot to readjust the air flow from the windshield. :redface:

I don't have version 4.3 and I'm not trying to be funny, but it always helps to check the basics first.

Larry

I don't have driver profiles (I have cloth seats)

Also, I don't recall seeing that pop-up when I set the mirrors before version 4.3 (when it worked)

A couple questions: When you switch from reverse to drive, do the mirrors tilt back up or stay tilted down? If they tilt up, do they tilt down again if you put it in reverse right away, but not later, or do they not tilt down at all?

V4.3 does improve the heat performance....there were far more complaints about that versus complaints about it not being cold enough. The Service Tech I saw Friday checked that as part of making sure v4.3 was working.

I've noticed that the temp needs to be set a little lower than it was before to maintain the same comfortable feel in the car. That's just a change of habit though, won't be an issue. We had a cold snap come over today, outside temp was only 71F so no great opportunities to test out the A/C.

Can anyone with 4.3 comment on whether it improves the rain sensing wiper function? I'm still on 4.2.

The poor wiper function has been driving me nuts lately. Why should I have to push the manual wipe button all the time? I know it's overreacting, but when I'm driving in the rain, it makes me question my purchase.

Can anyone with 4.3 comment on whether it improves the rain sensing wiper function? I'm still on 4.2.

The poor wiper function has been driving me nuts lately. Why should I have to push the manual wipe button all the time? I know it's overreacting, but when I'm driving in the rain, it makes me question my purchase.

Behavior seems similar for me in 4.3 - sigh...