Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.3 - basic charging scheduling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm confused my dinosauric friend; what use would driver profiles be without seat memory?

There are plenty of other setting besides seat memory that a driver would want to save that would be different from another driver (steering setting, dim settings, screen configuration, steering wheel)

-----Edit------

Do profiles now only handle seat settings? That seems weird...

Yes, they have. I asked whether they could update me to the latest firmware while I was at the Fremont service center today. He assured me that 4.2 was the latest they were currently recommending after finding a few key issues with 4.3. So I think it's safe to say we'll see a minor 4.3 update before they roll it out to anyone else.
I got 4.3 over the weekend - installed early AM Saturday morning. The only difference I have noticed is the "scheduled charging". I had not been having any other major issues before hand. However, after this update, the UI started doing some strange things while I was driving: Touch screen became non-responsive and the HVAC was turning on and off by itself. I was a bit concerned as I was in stop and go traffic. After a couple minutes, it seemed to correct itself and everything has been fine since. I dont have much more data to report as the car has been parked in the garage for the past two days. Unless somebody is desparate for scheduled charging, I would recommend holding off on 4.3. I had never seen any strange behavior like this before this update.

One issue with the scheduled charging is the inability to use the mobile app to switch to range charge after a full regular charge is made (from the app). So, this morning I wanted to top off the charge to range. I tried to do it on the mobile app but it would not start charging again. Presumably it would have done so the next time it was set to charge. So, I had to go out to the car and turn off scheduled charging in the car. Not a big deal since it is my first range charge. It would be nice to do it from the app after scheduled charging is is turned on. I think we should always be able to use the mobile app to over-ride scheduled charging.

I'm on 4.2 and have seen no signs of an update with my car yet. FWIW, when I picked my car up about 2 weeks ago, my DS mentioned there was to be a big update (that he referred to as v5) towards the end of March/early April.

Because of the problem that Chicago owners are having with 4.3 being sensitive to power, it looks like they are holding off on a full push until they figure that out. (I think they're close as one owner had a revised 4.3 pushed and was then able to charge.)

This is exactly what happened with my charging following the 4.3 update. FWIW, they swapped out my UMC and now my car is charging fine tonight (without the 4.3 revision). They're supposed to push the revision to me tomorrow. Service center thought it might be a combo of both malfunctioning UMC and 4.3 glitch. I live downtown Chicago BTW.

Props to the Chicago service center. Nothing but nice things to say about Chris and the staff.

Aside from the new features and charging issue (which appears to only be an issue for a few people, and for which a fix will be rolled into an update), I'm interested in hearing what bugs are fixed in 4.3. Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen many 4.3ers report on that.

Some have had it for a decent amount of time now. What fixes are you noticing? Is the backup camera overlay issue fixed? Is the lost 3G signal bug fixed? Any door handle/door opening issues? Need some meat please!