Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.3 - basic charging scheduling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aside from the new features and charging issue (which appears to only be an issue for a few people, and for which a fix will be rolled into an update), I'm interested in hearing what bugs are fixed in 4.3. Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen many 4.3ers report on that.

Some have had it for a decent amount of time now. What fixes are you noticing? Is the backup camera overlay issue fixed? Is the lost 3G signal bug fixed? Any door handle/door opening issues? Need some meat please!

Only issue I had with 4.2 was the backup camera overlay. And it appears to be fixed.

Aside from the new features and charging issue (which appears to only be an issue for a few people, and for which a fix will be rolled into an update), I'm interested in hearing what bugs are fixed in 4.3. Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen many 4.3ers report on that.

Some have had it for a decent amount of time now. What fixes are you noticing? Is the backup camera overlay issue fixed? Is the lost 3G signal bug fixed? Any door handle/door opening issues? Need some meat please!

Problem is that it is difficult to say something is fixed if you never experienced the problem.
I haven't had the rear view camera overlay issue since 4.0.
I have always had weak 3G in my neighborhood, but only resulted in Internet radio going out for a few seconds in the past. It happened rarely and not since either 4.2 or 4.3 have been in place.

No door handle issues, but I haven't had any in 7600 miles either.

They haven't seemed to fix the day/night mode transition problem with the Google maps that was introduced in 4.2

Thats because it's not a bug. Map is cached so until you drive far enough to refresh tiles, you have cached tiles. If its day and you last drove at night, cached tiles will be night setting. Maybe they'll change someday but I'd put it at a low priority compared to dozens of other things.

Thats because it's not a bug. Map is cached so until you drive far enough to refresh tiles, you have cached tiles. If its day and you last drove at night, cached tiles will be night setting. Maybe they'll change someday but I'd put it at a low priority compared to dozens of other things.

I would still call that a bug, even if it is a design bug and not a coding bug.

It's a bug and should be really easy to fix. You just do two cache folder - one for day mode and the other for night mode.

ok then prioritize it vs rear camera freeze or losing left screen on cluster if you don't cancel nav or a bunch of other things that don't heal themselves and require reboot or user intervention. Or lack of average projected range on dash. You can call it a bug but I'm not sad it's not been prioritized, and there's lots left to fix before this.

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, anyone else notice update to mobile app this am? Just downloading now. Feature list good.

It's a design flaw. All they have to do is purge the cache when the day/night switch occurs, and force a repaint.

It's a bug and should be really easy to fix. You just do two cache folder - one for day mode and the other for night mode.

It will take a little bit more than that. The tiles also need to get updated for traffic, if that is turned on. I mostly keep my map showing an overview of my commute area, since its a short commute. Since I don't have it follow the car, it rarely gets updated. I keep the traffic overlay on, and I can almost count on that to be stale. I have to zoom out and back in one level to get it to refresh.

It will take a little bit more than that. The tiles also need to get updated for traffic, if that is turned on. I mostly keep my map showing an overview of my commute area, since its a short commute. Since I don't have it follow the car, it rarely gets updated. I keep the traffic overlay on, and I can almost count on that to be stale. I have to zoom out and back in one level to get it to refresh.

To me it seems that day/night, traffic, and roads could be, if they aren't, simply different layers. Cache the 'road' layer. The day/night is simply a color scheme.

It's a design flaw. All they have to do is purge the cache when the day/night switch occurs, and force a repaint.

Yeah, then people will complain that there's a 20 second plus delay while the slow 3g repaints the whole map including traffic, etc. The most user friendly answer is as someone else suggested, to save 2 caches, one day, one night. What none of us know is exactly where the interface between Google and Tesla software is, and how much needs to be changed on each side of the fence to fix this without a kludge on someone's part. That's why it's wrong to ever assume any software change is "easy". I still think it's a very low priority. Aggravation, sure. Impact, no.