Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think accepting updates should be mandatory. It's good to have the option of when you apply the update, but if you've ignored it and not applied it in 10 days, it should force update overnight.

If you get the update a few days before a vacation trip of twelve days and decide to delay it until after you get back, that behaviour would force an update in some strange location. I'm not sure that's a real good plan. I'd suggest that as an alternative, the updates should be performed at the annual service if the owner hasn't applied the update.

I think accepting updates should be mandatory. It's good to have the option of when you apply the update, but if you've ignored it and not applied it in 10 days, it should force update overnight.
I completely, but respectfully, disagree. Feel free to flick up a warning notification if my firmware is "old" but don't you dare force an update when I don't want it done like, say, when I'm on a roadtrip a long way from home and don't want to mess around.

I completely, but respectfully, disagree. Feel free to flick up a warning notification if my firmware is "old" but don't you dare force an update when I don't want it done like, say, when I'm on a roadtrip a long way from home and don't want to mess around.

yes, I think that applying updates have to be flawless for something like that to happen. I wonder what the % of cars having problems occurring as a result of the update process.

Most car companies only update at service visits. Personally, I love the updates over air, particularly since the model s design dictates that as the medium for delivery of significant new features. Updates at service visits would delay many updates causing an even broader range of in-service releases. I'm happy to be a pioneer. I think the combo of known software release procedures and tesla telemetry is up to the task. At some point TM should only support a few release at a time. They'll know who is not up to date and I'm guessing at some point there will be personal contact offering to "help" with update.

Looks like the roll-out (re)started. Installing as I write......

I was talking to my service advisor this evening about my touchscreen fan pegging at 100%. (I ended up pulling Fuse 51 for a temporary fix). He looked into his logs and discovered that my car had already started the 4.5 update, but it wasn't complete and hadn't yet been validated. I have no 3G coverage at home, so likely won't see an alarm clock until sometime tomorrow morning.

I recently downloaded 1.33.44 as well. I particularly like the ability to select how much to charge the battery, rather than previously only being able to choose between standard (90%) and max (100%) charge. I also like the nav 2X magnification feature making it easier to read street names on the map. Now if we could only get the nav map to rotate in the direction of travel...

Windshield wipers, when left on 'sensor' no longer wipe once upon starting the car:)

AMEN! It's about time they wrote those seven lines of code! I'm so sick of getting in the car and having the wipers swipe a quart of water on my lap as I slide in.

- - - Updated - - -

They still start up before the car is activated by brake pedal, based on butt-in-seat weight... so close the door *quickly* if you don't want the wipers to dump a load of water on the inside of your door.

Seriously?!?! This *is* the bug. They should wait until the door is closed before doing the calibration wipe. There is absolutely no reason to swipe the wiper blades with the door open. ugh..

Just got 4.5 (1.33.44) and it seems to fix a couple of nav bugs as well. In a marginal 3G coverage area, I was able to shut down the HVAC system for a few seconds just by overloading the nav system with button presses under 4.4. This seems to be fixed now. Also, when transitioning between night mode and day mode, all the nav panels now get refreshed to day mode. Also, it's cool to see the power draw when connected to the charger and the car on - with the AC running, it was drawing 4-5 amps at 240V to power the car. Turn the AC off and it draws 1 amp.

Just got 4.5 (1.33.44) and it seems to fix a couple of nav bugs as well. In a marginal 3G coverage area, I was able to shut down the HVAC system for a few seconds just by overloading the nav system with button presses under 4.4. This seems to be fixed now. Also, when transitioning between night mode and day mode, all the nav panels now get refreshed to day mode. Also, it's cool to see the power draw when connected to the charger and the car on - with the AC running, it was drawing 4-5 amps at 240V to power the car. Turn the AC off and it draws 1 amp.

Quick question about this, as I have 4.5 (the .43 flavor), and I notice that the shore power does indeed come online when the HVAC system is active, but the indicators are the charge-port and HPWC green-LED activity. Are you saying in .44 the dash actually reports the power consumption for this as well?

Also, when plugged in an not charging, my HPWC and charge-port seem idle... yet you say there's a 1A draw... do you get any charger indicators at the same time?

Thanks.