Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8.6/7/8/9/10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Upgraded to 5.8.7 last night and today the sunroof only opens to vent. If the sunroof is selected to open to any position other than vent the indictors bounces back to vent and it opens to vent. The sunroof worked perfectly yesterday before the upgrade to 5.8.7.

These are almost certainly bug-fix releases...and Tesla still has a few major bugs to work out, so I say they're a good thing. Much better than no releases.

So far no big differences in v 5.8.8, with one exception. This morning was the first morning in several weeks that I did not have the pop up window asking if I wanted to connect to wi-fi. None of the suggested fixes had previously worked. Hopefully this "bug" has been smashed.

20140214_075006.jpg

Just got her back from service

I got 1.49.90 from the service center.

Now reported range is cuckoo and behaving really crazy, sometimes I charge at 90% and the number reports fine but the green bar is at 85% or sometimes reports the green bar at 100%, sometimes I come back to the car and I had lost apparently 60 miles in couple hours :), couple hours later got back the 60 miles and reports properly.

Avoid 1.49.90 if you can, I got it for a week and the reported range was wrong for at least 4 times or 5 times.

By the way, the service center confirmed that is a known issue and that is fixed in the next mayor release, because I don't know if the mayor release 6.0 will be in a week or two months I sent a request if it is possible to rollback the firmware, since when I travel on the weekends I would like to know what is the real range left without guessing, still waiting for the answer.

- - - Updated - - -

I got 1.49.90 from the service center.

Now reported range is cuckoo and behaving really crazy, sometimes I charge at 90% and the number reports fine but the green bar is at 85% or sometimes reports the green bar at 100%, sometimes I come back to the car and I had lost apparently 60 miles in couple hours :), couple hours later got back the 60 miles and reports properly.

Avoid 1.49.90 if you can, I got it for a week and the reported range was wrong for at least 4 times or 5 times.

By the way, the service center confirmed that is a known issue and that is fixed in the next mayor release, because I don't know if the mayor release 6.0 will be in a week or two months I sent a request if it is possible to rollback the firmware, since when I travel on the weekends I would like to know what is the real range left without guessing, still waiting for the answer.

Received the response that firmware rollbacks are not available :/

Last edited:
Tesla should support firmware rollbacks - which should not be too difficult for them to implement and test - always verifying that each new release could be rolled back to the previous stable release.

If they had that, if owners encountered a problem with a new release, they could rollback to the previous release.

Another benefit would be the ability to support a broader "open" beta testing program - because if owners could always rollback to the last stable release, there would be lower risk in installing beta software - so more owners would likely do that - giving Tesla more and faster feedback on new releases - and also reducing the frustration from owners that are waiting for the next release. And better feedback on the beta releases - should help them to reduce the time they need to stabilize each release - and get it into everyone's hands.