Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will also add that I can't wait for the actual Navigon maps to update. Every time I go over the new span of the SF-Oakland bay bridge it freaks out and constantly recalculates...was true in all previous versions and in 6.

I was on the Bay Bridge a week ago, on V5.12, with a destination entered into the nav and did not evidence the issue you describe. Went both directions across the bridge, 4 days apart.

Last edited:
When are they going to get around to prioritizing updates for those on either a) buggy firmware or b) WiFi?

Good question. Could also add that it would be nice for the Sigs to get included in early batches.

I have noticed in my car that it seems to drop the Wifi signal in energy saving mode; I turned energy saving off yesterday and checking on it from time to time I see that car drops Wifi after a few minutes, then came back a couple of minutes later, then dropped again etc. I have a repeater in the garage so the Wifi signal is on the full 5 bars; not sure whether this is a) a new bug with v5.12 or b) has always been like that or c) is an issue with either my car or the repeater set-up (although I also keep a solar monitor connected via that repeater and there's no problem there).

The OTA rollout for 6.0 seems quite slow. It seems that mostly everyone here that has received 6.0 received it at a SvC. When are they going to get around to prioritizing updates for those on either a) buggy firmware or b) WiFi?

I called our service center today to ask if they could push the upgrade OTA to our car. They told me they can not do that. Only engineering can do that and then it is usually only to try to fix a problem.

I have some minor issues that need resolved so I scheduled an appointment the first week in October. I didn't want one this month and she said they aren't scheduling them this month. Which to me says they are doing their end of quarter delivery push. :)

I called our service center today to ask if they could push the upgrade OTA to our car. They told me they can not do that. Only engineering can do that and then it is usually only to try to fix a problem.

I have some minor issues that need resolved so I scheduled an appointment the first week in October. I didn't want one this month and she said they aren't scheduling them this month. Which to me says they are doing their end of quarter delivery push. :)

Tell the SC your door handles aren't responsive enough.

The OTA rollout for 6.0 seems quite slow. It seems that mostly everyone here that has received 6.0 received it at a SvC. When are they going to get around to prioritizing updates for those on either a) buggy firmware or b) WiFi?

It seems that they are pushing out 1,000 to 2,000 a day, randomized over VIN, etc. At that rate, it will take about a month to upgrade all the Model S's in the wild. Patience...

It seems that they are pushing out 1,000 to 2,000 a day, randomized over VIN, etc. At that rate, it will take about a month to upgrade all the Model S's in the wild. Patience...
Yeah, I'm 9079 and I haven't got it yet.

I'm randomly parking a few hours out in the open each day because my carpark doesn't get 3g/WiFi reception (2 floors underground).

d2a83528780d939c5e2e6a3d9b51b178.jpg

climate control nonresponsiveness

Maybe this has been commented on, but I don't see it... Since the upgrade to 6.0, I've noticed that the climate control temperature adjustment doesn't work for about 30 seconds after turning the car on. It used to be possible to adjust the temperature immediately. It's a bit frustrating.

I got 6.0 the other day, on release day. Today I got a notification that said something like "Congratulations, you're using the latest maps!", which I assume means a Navigon update. I don't routinely drive over any new roads, though, so it is hard to verify.

As for bugs, I had the same problem someone above did with the center screen crashing after switching to USB media. Mine was fine after it rebooted.

I am not sure I like the new UI look. Bizarrely it seems a bit harder to see in the direct sunlight, though maybe I am making that up.

Charging at home tonight for the first time since getting it I noticed I am limited to 30 amps rather than 40. Not sure if it's related and haven't had a chance to reset it and try again. I had this problem once before, after that first change where they increased the sensitivity of the limits, but since then it's been fine.

Door handles do seem moderately better.

I really like the new app charging notifications.

The calendar thing is cool, but not much use for me.

Yea, there's the occasional time that happens to me. I guess I don't understand why you'd care. As long as they aren't toggling like a strobe, I'm having a hard time groking why I'd care if the lights go on once in a while. Hell, in the US we have large chunk of highway that mandate "lights on for safety" even in broad daylight.

I suppose I don't really care other than it seems annoying to me. In Canada, DRLs are mandatory (can't be switched off here) so I've got lights either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Waze is a very high bar to match. I was hoping Waze was the data partner. If it's not, I'll continue keeping Waze open on my smartphone.

As far as I can tell, Waze is only useful if there are other Wazers around. It just seems that in the areas I drive in, I'm the only guy on Waze most of the time.

That's always been that way. The Navigation by Tesla only shows up when you're navigating. Don't remember if it was there in 4.x, but 5.x has always shown that.
Okay. Shows how rarely I use Tesla nav then.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got 6.0 updated at the Rockville SC. Love the calendar integration! Appointments with address links to the Nav easily. The speed sensitivity on the wipers seems to be corrected. Mine used to be super fast at highway speeds even at low auto setting. Was told there were lots of little tweaks down to the firmware in addition to the ones in the Release Notes. So far liking what I am seeing.
The calendar is nice. I like the feature.

Have any Canadians received v6.0 over the air? Tesla on Lawrence in Toronto told me that they "still do not know if it will be released over the air and we are booking for mid to end of October to do 6.0 updates." I wonder if it's not available over the air in Canada..

As of 8:00 am this morning (Saturday), I got the notification and installed right away. Didn't get to drive the car today, as I needed the ICE. Wife drove the tesla today.

I've named the car BlueBlueCar - that's what my 2 1/2 year old has called it from the day I brought it home!

Have to say the expanded directions for Nav was not very well thought out. It ends up taking up almost the entire left side of the screen. Need a way to expand and contract for those that want to be able to see the map and not the entire route in a list.
Also, still need to move the car on the map down just a bit. Doesnt really do much good to see 1/4-1/2 of the map behind you while driving.
Otherwise, air suspension geofencing is very nice.

As of 8:00 am this morning (Saturday), I got the notification and installed right away. Didn't get to drive the car today, as I needed the ICE. Wife drove the tesla today.

Oh good, so they are still pushing it over the weekend. Whenever I see a lack of OTA upgrade reports I begin to worry that the rollout has been halted as has happened several times previously.

Right, I just find it interesting that they were able to push out 5.8 essentially overnight. I thought yippy, I'm getting off of 4.5 and then I jumped on TMC and found out that everyone was getting the OTA push also. I thought, hmm that's really odd. Then we figured out they took away low mode.

They have every ability to push the update to all cars in 24-48 hours but I suppose they want to be conservative with 6.0.

Oh good, so they are still pushing it over the weekend. Whenever I see a lack of OTA upgrade reports I begin to worry that the rollout has been halted as has happened several times previously.

Right, I just find it interesting that they were able to push out 5.8 essentially overnight. I thought yippy, I'm getting off of 4.5 and then I jumped on TMC and found out that everyone was getting the OTA push also. I thought, hmm that's really odd. Then we figured out they took away low mode.

They have every ability to push the update to all cars in 24-48 hours but I suppose they want to be conservative with 6.0.

1. I did not get 5.8 for weeks. It may have been quicker but not overnight.
2. This pace is how they've done all releases except 5.8, and it's a good practice. Gradual is more recoverable if issue.