Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving with Running lights only is illegal in California.
You must mean only at night, otherwise on my trip to CA in the summer 99% of drivers were driving illegally.

I thought I was clear, but just in case, the current headlight sensitivity ALWAYS triggers plenty soon enough for night driving. It can sometimes come on during the day, though it's uncommon and (for me) a complete non-issue.

That's easy: "Not very well". I think I'd rather just have manually controlled intermittent wipers because the auto ones on this car have a mind of their own. They'll either not wipe when needed (on either sensitivity setting) or go into a frenzy in a mild mist. I'm constantly over riding or tapping the end of the stalk to get a wipe when the auto function seems to become oblivious to the conditions.

See, I wonder if it is just because you guys have older cars and the newer ones don't have this issue (or not as bad) For the most part the wipers have worked when I would expect them to and at the speed I would want them to operate. I actually don't even notice a difference between the two sensitivity settings since they both seem to work just as well. The only time I have ever had to manually push the button once or twice to clear the window is during really really light sprinkles and the randomness of the rain isn't dropping the water near the sensor... otherwise I haven't noticed too much issue. Of course now I have a coating on my windshield so I don't even need my wipers for most rainy situations :D (The water just flies off at 35+MPH from the wind)

Upgrade to v6.0 from v5.9 at Torrance SC today (annual service). My thoughts on some of the changes:
Nav
-Navigation on the dash seems slower to update (and looks like Google map tiles); might be interesting to if Navigon shows up when no 3G
-Traffic color indicators take over the map; threshold for showing traffic on smaller streets went down too much.
-Traffic color indicators are thinner than v5.12 (loaner)

Haven't played with the Calendar or phone car start yet

Dash/instrument display
-white line with miles remaining bar
-when the car is off, there is a faint white outline on the car pic which looks like a cheesy photoshop job

Connectivity:
-great responsiveness with Always on and Nightly! Not sure what the battery drain will be

image.jpg
What's the difference between 'Always On' and sleep mode disabled?

Did anyone get 6.0 today OTA?

-Traffic color indicators take over the map; threshold for showing traffic on smaller streets went down too much.

This was a server-side change made a couple weeks ago -- impacts 5.x versions also... I liked how it used to only show yellow / red for city streets at certain zoom levels, and none at all when you zoomed further out. That's now gone, even before I get 6.0...

Nobody here knows. The theory I like the best is ~2000 seemingly random VINs get it each day.

We have seen cars around the world from almost any VIN series, wifi or no wifi get it -- nobody has identified a pattern.

Got ours with supposedly the first batch. Even though we kept our valve stems at the 12 o'clock position to get the latest update (as was my theory). I now suspect that they sent it to the heavy mileage users. The quickest way to find bugs would be to give it to people who drive the most. Other factors of course, would be a variety of cars with various configurations.

We are # 9328, Apr 2013 delivery, 85kW, 'A' battery, with 37K miles (avg approx 500 miles/wk)

Hmm. Traffic based navigation? Not so much. Twice today I was driving with Tesla nav and Waze in parallel. Tesla was asking me to get on I5 which was a parking lot instead of staying on surface street.
And then it routed me in to the closed road that Waze routed me around. And then once more on a completely cluster ***** freeway.
If there is any consideration for traffic, I don't see it.
And yes, it's turned on. And yes, I rebooted.
Puzzled.
Waze is a very high bar to match. I was hoping Waze was the data partner. If it's not, I'll continue keeping Waze open on my smartphone.

Probably my favorite part of 6.0 is that map updates are possible. There have been so many changes around here that the two-year-old nav maps are painful to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got ours with supposedly the first batch. Even though we kept our valve stems at the 12 o'clock position to get the latest update (as was my theory). I now suspect that they sent it to the heavy mileage users. The quickest way to find bugs would be to give it to people who drive the most. Other factors of course, would be a variety of cars with various configurations.

We are # 9328, Apr 2013 delivery, 85kW, 'A' battery, with 37K miles (avg approx 500 miles/wk)
#9328 and an A Battery?

I've got #9079 and a B battery :)

Hope to get the update soon

Anybody find a way to adjust colors on the new calendar? Just received 6.0 today and everything looked great in the light of day. When I went to show my wife all the new features earlier this evening, the calendar was barely visible (grey font on black with nighttime settings). Not a big deal for me, but curious if I am missing something in the settings somewhere. Other than that, all the other features seem pretty good to me.

#9328 and an A Battery?

I've got #9079 and a B battery

#2844 with a B battery here, as validated on a recent trip to Canada with some delightfully quick charging times. Immediately after the trip I went in for my two-year service and got my beloved vehicle back with 5.14 the day before 6.0 started to roll out. Sigh. I'm trying not to hold my breath but it's taking an act of will.