Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something I've noticed is that if I'm driving somewhere, and then decide to use navigation. As soon as it calculates a route, it zooms right in.

Maybe it happened before, but I only notice it now because I sometimes switch on navigation while I'm on my journey home, so I can see the estimated time of arrival (that never used to take traffic into account)

I'd love a button that "auto Zooms" to zoom so that the current position and destination are visible on the map as large as possible

Geez, I haven't had any issues w/ 6.0 except for traffic lines obscuring the map in night mode. It amazes me how there are such drastically different experiences for the same software running on largely the same hardware platform without the ability to modify system software.

Well wouldn't you know it - MS dropped 3G connectivity randomly this morning. First time that's ever happened. Had to reboot to get it back.

1.67.73 rolling out OTA in Norway today. Some believe it is a fix for the frequent 3G connection problems that has been a big issue here.
A bit early to tell, as it's just a few hours since the first cars were upgraded.

Wondering if anyone else is seeing this with 6.0 (any flavor): prior to 6.0, when I closed my power trunk it would proceed in a linear fashion until it latched and closed. Since 6.0 when it gets to about 6" from closing, it kind of slams down. Still works okay... just differently. Either it's something in the software, or something is going wrong with my power hatch.

I just installed 1.67.42 last night (upgraded from 1.65.15) and today I noticed my trunk closes more firmly at the very end, just like yours. No problem as far as I can tell, just noticeably different. If I close it manually, there's no difference in feel, but if I press the button on the hatch itself or use the touchscreen to close it, there's definitely more of a "slam" immediately before the motorized latching sound. I have periodic maintenance coming up in a couple weeks, so I might ask about it while I'm there, but I'm guessing it's working as expected.

Hi Guys, so I'm in the same boat.

I've had my car since early 2013 and have been running an early version of 6.0 installed during a service visit a couple of months ago and never had an issue with the trunk closing. Last week, I got version 1.67.45. And since then, it seems that sometimes the trunk "slams" shut and sometimes it behaves like normal (closing just enough and then the latch pulls it in). I've never had this problem before the firmware upgrade. The first time I encountered this, I reset both screens and it seems to have solved the issue, but the second time it happened, the reset did not work. But it seems to occur pretty randomly.

Since being updated at the service center to whatever was the latest version of 6.0 a couple of weeks ago, my trunk also slams shut instead of closing slowly and being pulled shut by the latch mechanism. Is this intentional? It seemed that the previous way was better.

My suspicion is that some owners were having problems with the trunk latching and Tesla tweaked the software to give it a little "slam" at the end. For me, it's not a problem... just a noticeable difference.

what a difference the new nav makes. Maps updated. Running late in rush hr traffic and it rerouted me three times knocking time off the trip each time on roads I never travel. Only issue I had is that it doesn't announce the reroute so waiting for a turn in three miles turns into turn now. Would prefer if it first said reroute to announce the change

Since being updated at the service center to whatever was the latest version of 6.0 a couple of weeks ago, my trunk also slams shut instead of closing slowly and being pulled shut by the latch mechanism. Is this intentional? It seemed that the previous way was better.

I'm pretty sure it's not intentional because mine is intermittent. Try closing it and opening it a few times, and try to do it again later in the day, it will probably behave like the old way some of the time. Mine does, anyway. I called my local service center and they claimed that they have never heard of this issue. I'm bringing it in next weekend.

Now, we're up to four confirmed cases in this thread. Maybe we need to start a new thread to discuss this because I think people might miss it in here.

It can be subtle. I am definitely noticing it now but might have overlooked it if I wasn't checking for it..

And it's not subtle in my case because I wasn't looking for it, but I definitely noticed it when I was walking away from the car and heard a slamming "thud" instead of the latch mechanism.

Have you performed a re-boot? mine did the slam the first time after the update. Then I re-booted the system and have not noticed it do so ever since.

NAV anomaly today:

Started my commute this morning and screen informed me of traffic delays and offered better route. I accepted and the NAV screen came up and new route highlighted, BUT there was no traffic density coloration anywhere on the map (despite the Traffic option being on). So, I started to question the navigation route advice since I couldn't confirm with the usual traffic cues. Then pulled up Google Maps with the browser, turned on traffic there, and sure enough the recommended routing was appropriate given the actual situation on my normal commute route. Went back to NAV and tried closing, opening, turning on and off Traffic, turning on and off satellite, but nothing worked to reinstate the traffic data. After main screen reboot, everything was back to normal. Observation: even if the NAV map is not showing traffic data when it is supposed to, the car may still have the raw data somewhere.

Anyone else seen this?