Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 Beta Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regardless of granularity (which I find important, but whatever guess others don't), how do you explain me having to dedicate a panel to energy on my dash in order to see the power meter? Usually I have media on one panel and trip on the other. Now I have to give one of those up in order to display info that was previously shown by default.

The v7 UI on Tesla's website is different (and in my eyes better) than the leaked v7 UI.
Here is to hoping that the leaked UI isn't the final. That huge clock is ridiculous.

Link?

I wish the driver's display was left as is, and the autopilot toy car was shown on the 17" screen as an app.
I don't mind flat UI, but I do mind flat UI done bad.

- - - Updated - - -

http://static01.www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/configurator/MODELS_20150723/1440/UI/ui_option_da02_2_large.jpg
and
http://static04.www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/configurator/MODELS_20150723/1440/UI/ui_option_da02_3_large.jpg

I'm just happy to see three posters in a row who also use "A" as the lifetime trip meter! That's what I chose to do, but after making that decision, which I thought I had made based on what more people on TMC did, it seemed pretty much every post I read in which someone mentioned keeping lifetime stats on one of the trip meters had them using "B" for the lifetime stats, and "A" as the real trip meter. I'm not alone any more!

I use both A and B as the lifetime trip metre, so that if one accidentally resets...

This looks great when in AutoPilot. Hopefully when not in AP (or at least with non-AP cars), we don't just see a toy car with nothing around it and lots of wasted space.

I wouldn't mind if they just kept the current UI on the driver screen, and the toy car was an app on the 17" display - IF you have autopilot.
And yes flatten the UI a little bit. No reason to have those cheesy glass media buttons, we know that's not real glass.
Give me nice clean squares that I can hit easily while driving.

Some people hate change. So much so that even the possibility seems to have them up in arms.
This seems to be the case even though they haven't tried it, have only seen an image of a beta version of it and don't know what, if any settings may be available for it.

If that's what you think, I think you're not understanding what most of us are saying. I don't mind change.. even significant change. I just don't want core functionality removed or displaced from where it is most useful. Things like the power/regen graph, the time,date, and temperature from the status line. Or now being forced to use up one of the two side panels for the power graph means I now can't have information there that I want to have.

Like I said, change the DESIGN all you want, I don't care. But don't change the UI and remove/move/displace information that we need to drive these awesome cars. As mentioned before, Windows 8/8.1 was a perfect analogy to this... and Microsoft is now going back to what people actually want, not what they THINK people want.

If that's what you think, I think you're not understanding what most of us are saying. I don't mind change.. even significant change. I just don't want core functionality removed or displaced from where it is most useful. Things like the power/regen graph, the time,date, and temperature from the status line. Or now being forced to use up one of the two side panels for the power graph means I now can't have information there that I want to have.

Like I said, change the DESIGN all you want, I don't care. But don't change the UI and remove/move/displace information that we need to drive these awesome cars. As mentioned before, Windows 8/8.1 was a perfect analogy to this... and Microsoft is now going back to what people actually want, not what they THINK people want.

^This. Those that think all of us are complaining just because of a flat UI that doesn't look right are simply missing the point. Our concerns are much more deep rooted than that. Replacing a UI skin I can get used to with time. Rearranging and hiding key functions, not so much. That's why I know for a fact that I don't have to use it in order to criticize some of the changes.

Meanwhile, in Toyota's super advanced fuel cell vehicles:
image.jpg

image-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the main issue with the new power meter isn't location but the lack of resolution. There are no ticks on the meter to indicate an accurate power usage. If they add ticks, I'd be fine with where they put it.

I think the main issue with the new power meter isn't location but the lack of resolution. There are no ticks on the meter to indicate an accurate power usage. If they add ticks, I'd be fine with where they put it.

So you're ok with taking up an entire panel on the dash to display something that existed by default previously? Dunno about you, but I normally have the media app on the left and the trip display on the right. No power meter for me unless I swap one of these out.

So you're ok with taking up an entire panel on the dash to display something that existed by default previously? Dunno about you, but I normally have the media app on the left and the trip display on the right. No power meter for me unless I swap one of these out.

*shrugs* My configurations are usually left for energy, right for trip, media on the 17 along with nav. Sometimes I'll make the nav full screen and move media to the left IC panel, but not usually.